The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Has anyone purchased the volume 2 jacket from Fan Jackets or FilmJacket yet? It's not 100% accurate but i personally like the way it looks on the websites so it's good enough for me. I was just wondering which would be better to order from and how one actually looks and fits

I got my Vol 2 Short Jacket from www.black-leatherjacket.com. It isn't entirely screen accurate, but it's a good starting point for now, fits great (I wear a size small) and has a nice colour/patina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received the new blasters today, the grips are actually pretty close to the nerf guns in size and I appreciate that they have the left/right grip stabilizer fins.

With the gloves on it was a little cumbersome to try to get my finger through the trigger hole on the Disney blasters so I may trim back the trigger.

The top and bottom of the blasters are significantly smaller.

I'm going to 3d model some slip covers for the Disney blasters to bring the top and bottom up to scale with the nerf guns. I'll post a Shapeways link for the covers once I have them ready to go.

View attachment 714195View attachment 714194View attachment 714196View attachment 714197

Any update on the 3d model covers?

Has anyone found anywhere selling the dark red scarf Starlord wears in the film? It appears to be cashmere / cotton but so expensive when I find one that is slightly accurate..

Has anyone found anywhere selling the dark red scarf Starlord wears in the film? It appears to be cashmere / cotton but so expensive when I find one that is slightly accurate..

Ive got some extra material left over from the scarf I made. I cant speak for its 100% screen accuracy, but I think it looks pretty good. Its soft and lightweight, and wont get too bulky under your coat. The below pics are from before I added the fringe to the ends.

IMG_1003.PNGIMG_1023.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Vol.2 long coat in from black-leatherjacket.com today. I went with the "real leather" option. My thoughts: it's very heavy, but feels nice as hell. It's going to kill me here in Florida weather, but I'll suffer through it for the badassness that it exudes. It feels a lot nicer than my Vol.1 short jacket, but that one was a synthetic leather that was much much cheaper when I purchased it. It's sturdy, looks well put together. I'm not 100% sure how it fits "color-wise", but it seems to be a pretty good match. And it fits like a dream (my vol.1 jacket is a little short, but not too bad). I pretty much have full range of motion with it, and don't feel hindered or tight despite it's heft.

When I ordered it, the price was a flat $298, and it didn't require the bag that the current one does. So I'm not sure if they changed the product between the time I ordered it and now. So your mileage may very. This is my first time posting a "review" of sorts here, so if anyone has any questions or would like me to try to get better pictures of anything, just let me know!

17457334_1621795574501645_2828905128758304593_n.jpg

Jacket looks great! When you ordered it, how was the size accomplished? Meaning, did you get a predefined L, XL, etc. Or did you do custom size, and if so, did you add any size for mobility.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I went with the pre-defined XL. Usually it's a 50/50 whether or not it fits my shoulders (wider than normal) compared to the arm length. But this fit me just like an off the shelf leather jacket from a store would!

Hey guys! Just got an email that my store in teepublic is on sale just 14 bucks if you want a super cheap version of the tee!

d5777efeb0d3da63314bd37048d4bb85.jpg

Been meaning to get around to posting this comparison of my 3 different Star-Lord jackets for color purposes... Left to right: Vol 1 Synthetic from Cosplay Sky, Vol 1 Real Leather from The Jacket Maker, Vol 2 Real Leather from Black Leather Jackets. The best fit and color of the three is my Vol 2 (in my opinion). The Cosplay Sky jacket is too much of a tomato red. Never did like that. The Jacket Maker version doesn't fit me that great "off the shelf." Anyway, don't know if it helps to see things lined up or not, but there you go!
134f367112bf1d4945a6196cb706569e.jpg

Teepublic is a nice cheaper option, but the shirt doesn't have a vneck. I ended up making my own tshirt design and taking it to a local one hour tees place. I think the result came out pretty good. I'll post pics soon, but the blue is a bit more saturated then the screen used one. I also bought one of soulinertia's shirts, but again, it wasn't vneck, and while the material is very high quality, its way too thick to wear under my leather trench and not just die of heat. Also, it ran pretty big and was a bit blousy on me.

Did you go for the light blue or the gray? The gray shirts are slim fit. (Different manufacturer) Also the new deluxe shirts I'm making with the v-neck are an even lighter weight material than the basic shirts and a closer match to the gray of the screen used. I don't think the actual shirt in the movie has any blue at all in it really. It's just a result of lighting, (probably from all the blue screens), but it seems to be something all the toy manufacturers and promotional materials have picked up on.

Last edited:
Been meaning to get around to posting this comparison of my 3 different Star-Lord jackets for color purposes... Left to right: Vol 1 Synthetic from Cosplay Sky, Vol 1 Real Leather from The Jacket Maker, Vol 2 Real Leather from Black Leather Jackets. The best fit and color of the three is my Vol 2 (in my opinion). The Cosplay Sky jacket is too much of a tomato red. Never did like that. The Jacket Maker version doesn't fit me that great "off the shelf." Anyway, don't know if it helps to see things lined up or not, but there you go! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170323/134f367112bf1d4945a6196cb706569e.jpg

i have 3 jackets as well. The middle orange short jacket from the jacket maker, magnoli jacket short jacket ,and the Danny lopez trench. No one has ever gotten the color right. I ended up recently having my Danny lopez jacket re dyed turned out amazing.

So so anyone making the vol.2 jacket please make sure its the right color. The original film jacket where and orangeish Red. Then they were filter in the film with a violet lens.

I attached a pic pic of my redyed Danny lopez trench. The second pic doesn't do it justice but the first pics shows off the color changing and the patina.

Attachments

• IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Ya I got the blue. I think I just like the aesthetic of the blue shirt a bit more than the grey. Any other purchase I make will be after the movie comes out to know for sure.

Ordered blue tee.... awaiting the pants and spats.... ordered the buckle for my belt. Can't wait to put it all together

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back