Subscribe
    1 Week Ago  Jun 16, 2017, 7:47 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2701

Acousticasky said: View Post
    i bought those a few weeks ago too, they were just a little too big for the headphones, they're more for an "over the ear" type headphone as opposed to "on the ear"
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 5:13 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2702

BEWARE, Star-Lords.

On ebay, an RPF-known scammer is starting to offer Star-Lord gear. Currently he goes by the name Loganprops and jimloganfx. The gear he sells is just recast copies of stuff like xcoser helmets. Please avoid.

Read all about him here. Specific Star-Lord gear talk starts around page 70-71.
    http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=184584
  3. Utini! RPF Premium Member TIGCreations's Avatar
    From
    Coruscant
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 8:41 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2703

MrSouthpaw said: View Post
    BEWARE, Star-Lords.

On ebay, an RPF-known scammer is starting to offer Star-Lord gear. Currently he goes by the name Loganprops and jimloganfx. The gear he sells is just recast copies of stuff like xcoser helmets. Please avoid.

Read all about him here. Specific Star-Lord gear talk starts around page 70-71.
    http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=184584
    It's almost saddening just how deceptive his IG is. He looks like an awesome propmaker. But he isn't.
  4. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 10:24 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2704

TIGCreations said: View Post
    It's almost saddening just how deceptive his IG is. He looks like an awesome propmaker. But he isn't.
    His IG is quite deceptive indeed.. really was about to purchase from him too

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 10:41 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2705

Does anyone know if the Rubies Yondu fin is still happening?
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 11:57 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2706

OliverQueenIND said: View Post
    Does anyone know if the Rubies Yondu fin is still happening?
    there is one on etsy that is very nice! Lights up and has his arrow too!
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    1 Week Ago  Jun 17, 2017, 1:07 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2707

TIGCreations said: View Post
    I was looking for gear on ebay. The "logan" name kept tripping me until I remembered that topic.

I just hope no one gets taken in by that gear.

@PropReplicator2
    You dodged a bullet there. Glad you got notice in time.
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    1 Week Ago  Jun 18, 2017, 2:09 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2708

so two things, 1] I have a "thebestjackets" volume 1 jacket. how do I go about weathering the parts that aren't leather? I wouldn't want to mess something like this up.... also there was talk about some 3d printed shells that would go over the new Disney blaster to make them the right size? anyone know if that happened?
  9. Utini! RPF Premium Member TIGCreations's Avatar
    From
    Coruscant
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 10:56 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2709

Interesting revelations about the young quill backpack:
    I have ID'd the final two patches.
    This is a dolphin:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dolphin.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	737376
    And this is a football:

Name:	football.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	737377
    Don't believe it? Look at this pic:

Name:	evid.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	737379
    The id-the-patch game has ended.
    Here's a composite of how it should look:

Name:	jf.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	737380
    Oh, and @Coop are you retromusement on ebay? He is selling tapes that look identical to yours.

- - - Updated - - -

And YES, it is the green leather-bottom, The pics are color-corrected to show actual color.
  10. Member Since
    Mar 2017
    From
    Doncaster
    6 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 8:43 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2710

Various photo's of me over the years in my Star Lord outfit....

It was a version 1 with standard ants since on a convention day I do 3 different characters over the day at a convention.

My current outfit is a mix of V1/V2 hope you approve

Name:	Yorkshire Starlord 28092016a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	737763

Name:	13902750_10154340968932394_1075748226527671550_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	737764

Name:	Star Lord Yondu2017_low res.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	737765

Name:	Starlord_LJ_Cine2017.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	321.9 KB 
ID:	737766
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    6 Days Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 8:49 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2711

so two things, 1] I have a "thebestjackets" volume 1 jacket. how do I go about weathering the parts that aren't leather? I wouldn't want to mess something like this up.... also there was talk about some 3d printed shells that would go over the new Disney blaster to make them the right size? anyone know if that happened?
    Not sure exactly what jacket that is, but you could check this topic out.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249365
  12. RPF Premium Member royalnewjersey's Avatar
    From
    San Jose, CA
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 3:44 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2712

Soulinertia said: View Post
    It has an auxiliary input on the bottom so you can connect it to your phone and play whatever you want. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but you can add your own recordings and one-liners from the movie, etc. I think it's a pretty cool buy for $25.

It's shorter and thicker than an actual tps-l2.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...niboombox2.jpg

Hey Soulinertia. Where did you get the vinyl stickers for the "Sony" , "Walkman" , and arrow?
  13. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 4:26 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2713

I cut them myself.
  14. RPF Premium Member royalnewjersey's Avatar
    From
    San Jose, CA
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 4:41 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2714

I cut them myself.
    If you used a laser cutter, would you be willing to share the template file? I'd like to mirror what you did and would be helpful not to redo them.
  15. Member Since
    Jan 2017
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 4:42 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2715

Yeah, sorry it's one of Danny's. has anyone weathered one of his? Any advice for the fabric parts?
    From
    The Land of Giant Oaks,ca
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 5:45 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2716

Ordered the materializing helmet from Joetrash will post pictures soon
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    4 Days Ago  Jun 22, 2017, 5:54 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2717

Yeah, sorry it's one of Danny's. has anyone weathered one of his? Any advice for the fabric parts?
    Oh, that jacket. I don't know if I would weather it at all because the movie jacket is really clean, except maybe the red/blue badge. But that's my own personal preference.

At least one person did a sort of light bleaching to the bottom of the back of the jacket to simulate how the real one fades to orange. I can't remember if that was discussed in this topic or Danny's jacket topic if you want to read up on it.
  18. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    3 Days Ago  Jun 23, 2017, 11:15 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2718

royalnewjersey said: View Post
    If you used a laser cutter, would you be willing to share the template file? I'd like to mirror what you did and would be helpful not to redo them.
    I believe @Kevin Gossett is offering his versions of the vinyls in his etsy store at a very reasonable price.
  19. Suitable RPF Premium Member dannylopuz's Avatar
    3 Days Ago  Jun 23, 2017, 11:25 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2719

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share the design for my jacket, right now I'm just missing the screen printed parts to have the prototype finished but check it out! Couple of details are missing but the prototype already has them.

Danny

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
  20. RPF Premium Member royalnewjersey's Avatar
    From
    San Jose, CA
    3 Days Ago  Jun 23, 2017, 1:11 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2720

I believe @Kevin Gossett is offering his versions of the vinyls in his etsy store at a very reasonable price.

Awesome that's even better. Support somebody's work and I don't have to cut them myself! Purchased.
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    3 Days Ago  Jun 23, 2017, 8:42 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2721

All this VOL2 stuff getting rolled out so quickly.

Remember the first VOL1 offerings? Those flap-arm jackets with brass hinge-buckles at the elbow.
    1 Day Ago  Jun 25, 2017, 11:41 AM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2722

Got some new pics of the sample Vol 2 pants I'm having done, the photos aren't high quality but the pants are looking good.

And these are the pants that he wears most of the time with the short jacket (I say most because, in the middle of one scene, they occasionally change. Continuity FTW).
  23. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    1 Day Ago  Jun 25, 2017, 1:54 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2723

Those look like they'll end up looking good, some similar features to the VOL1 pants. Can't wait for the time I can start putting together a VOL2 build. I already got my Zune....

I've actually been trying to order the VOL1 pants from overseas, but they sent me to terribly made customs. Too high, too low....they don't understand rise. My nerves are shot where it comes to providing sizes....LOL. Now I want to order a Danny Jacket and I'm scared to death of giving him the sizes and it turning out wrong somehow.....
  24. Suitable RPF Premium Member dannylopuz's Avatar
    1 Day Ago  Jun 25, 2017, 2:12 PM - Re: The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread #2724

MrSouthpaw said: View Post
    Those look like they'll end up looking good, some similar features to the VOL1 pants. Can't wait for the time I can start putting together a VOL2 build. I already got my Zune....

I've actually been trying to order the VOL1 pants from overseas, but they sent me to terribly made customs. Too high, too low....they don't understand rise. My nerves are shot where it comes to providing sizes....LOL. Now I want to order a Danny Jacket and I'm scared to death of giving him the sizes and it turning out wrong somehow.....
    Don't worry about it, if it's the wrong size we'll exchange it