Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor SKS Props

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 8/18/2014

That is incredible detail. The leather looks like leather would look! Everything looks just like it should. You should be proud of the work you are doing!

Wow... You are an artist, very impressive! How did you get the nice rounded edges of the armor?

Also could you recommend a wood burning tool to do that detail work? This is some of the best armor I've seen.

Wow... You are an artist, very impressive! How did you get the nice rounded edges of the armor?

Also could you recommend a wood burning tool to do that detail work? This is some of the best armor I've seen.

Thanks!
All of the armor detail was made using a dremel.
My heat tool was just a cheap one from harbor freight.

Shot of the Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor foam armor outside in natural light.
dai29_zpsc9c7ec25.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 8/20/2014

Started the Inquisitor great sword yesterday. This is made out of eva as well and unscrews in the middle to breakdown and fit in my suitcase.

dai31_zpsa7a2c9b7.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 8/22/2014

Further progress on the Dragon Age Inquisitor Sword. Everything is eva or craft foam except for the handle which is a mix of wood and pvc. The pvc piece was filled with resin to even the weight out.
dai32_zpsfbd9e70b.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 8/25/2014

Sorry about the crappy pic - test fitting the Dragon Age Inquisition upper armor

10650060_774366675960880_7995837439551849487_n_zps6bda7009.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 8/26/2014

Wow, impressive. What kind of foam do you use, and where do you get it?

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 9/17/2014

My armor is currently on the other side of the world in a huge project .......I can't say any more than that until PR says it's ok :)

Until then I just recently found out the Inquisitor helmet I sent BioWare made a cameo in their latest video.
There it is just sitting there next to Mike Laidlaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNCPaEgld60#t=42

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor for DragonCon updated 9/17/2014

With the release of Dragon Age Inquisition right around the corner some friends and I took my armor out to a local nature park for a little photo shoot. The Dragon Age helmet is resin cast everything thing else including the sword is made out of various EVA and craft foams.

Cosplayer, armor and sword by me Steven K Smith Props

Photo and editing by The Initiative Production Group and you can see more of their work here www.theinitiativepg.com

DA_02_zpsa66f2594.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor updated 11/18/2014

Last night I was able to attend the Lindsey Stirling concert and it was incredible! I am not an emotional guy. But after getting the chance to meet her. Have her sign the helmet I built which was part of the armor set flown to Norway and used in her video. Plus seeing her front row live while the Dragon Age video played behind her with my armor in it.......it was one of the most emotional and proudest nights of my life. I can't believe how far I have come in just 2 and a half years and I can't wait to see where I go from here. Thank you all for your continued support!!!!
www.facebook.com/stevenksmithprops

lindsey1_zpsmqozpozl.jpg

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Armor updated 6/3/2015

Been a huge Lindsey Stirling Fan for a while, and the way they used your armor was epic and incredible! The sword looked extra long on the video compared to your pics. Did they mess with it a bit? Extend it somehow? But all in all, well done!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back