Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

Custom made @ForceSensitivAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the holders on oohyeahzone. I designed some similar shapes and used a 3d printer. My biggest setback so far has been that most sabers, especially heavy ones like the Roman Obi, lean and fall to one side. I have converted Hasbro Vader that, when centered on such a holder, just completely flies off. :cry

Reminds me of the holders on oohyeahzone. I designed some similar shapes and used a 3d printer. My biggest setback so far has been that most sabers, especially heavy ones like the Roman Obi, lean and fall to one side. I have converted Hasbro Vader that, when centered on such a holder, just completely flies off. :cry

Yeah @ForceSensitivAL !, those are the ones I've based on!!! I've saved the picts from the website many years ago, hoping to have a collection and make one of these one day... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started weathering a K4..Not done yet obviously.Did a bit to the booster,emitter,etc..also got a rust base coat on the grenade.More to follow..
IMG_2533.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2532.JPGIMG_2535.JPGIMG_2542.JPGIMG_2543.JPG

Sorry for the nearly year long bump, but I've decided my next purchase is going to be a Roman's Obi saber. While I think the weathered saber as it comes from Roman looks great, after looking through this thread I think at some point I would want to weather it more. With that in mind, should I just get a machine finish and do my own or can I simply add on to the weathering Roman has already done?

Thanks for sharing your builds everyone. These will all be extremely helpful.

Sorry for the nearly year long bump, but I've decided my next purchase is going to be a Roman's Obi saber. While I think the weathered saber as it comes from Roman looks great, after looking through this thread I think at some point I would want to weather it more. With that in mind, should I just get a machine finish and do my own or can I simply add on to the weathering Roman has already done?

Thanks for sharing your builds everyone. These will all be extremely helpful.

You can't go wrong starting with the weathered version. That way if you want to mess with it, it's just a matter of tailoring the weathering to your liking. Unless you're planning on going all out with the chemicals and stuff. In that case it really wouldn't matter.

You can't go wrong starting with the weathered version. That way if you want to mess with it, it's just a matter of tailoring the weathering to your liking. Unless you're planning on going all out with the chemicals and stuff. In that case it really wouldn't matter.

Thank you!

I can second this. I purchased one last year and love it. I doubt I will ever be lucky enough to piece together the real deal, so Roman's was/and is the next bet in my opinion. His dedication and quality are hard to beat.

Hi all, this is Tintoy here. I am a Star Wars fan since 1977 but was only introduced to Roman Props' MK1 back in 2015, bought the weathered version & loving it.

Recently I decided to modify it (after watching many of the vintage version), trying my best to make it look like more vintage & more toward the Chronicles version.

it took me many good weeks exploring & trying & i am glad the result came out nicely.

compare.jpg1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg91.jpg92.jpg93.jpg

-

Hi all, this is Tintoy here. I am a Star Wars fan since 1977 but was only introduced to Roman Props' MK1 back in 2015, bought the weathered version & loving it.

Recently I decided to modify it (after watching many of the vintage version), trying my best to make it look like more vintage & more toward the Chronicles version.

it took me many good weeks exploring & trying & i am glad the result came out nicely.

View attachment 807096View attachment 807097View attachment 807098View attachment 807099View attachment 807100View attachment 807101View attachment 807102View attachment 807103View attachment 807104View attachment 807105

-

Very nice!

View attachment 807096View attachment 807097View attachment 807098View attachment 807099View attachment 807100View attachment 807101View attachment 807102View attachment 807103View attachment 807104View attachment 807105

-

Really nice job!!! Mind sharing your techniques?

I posted a bit about this on the Vintage OB1 thread, but a bit more detail here. I used:

1. Round head bolt 1/4"
2. Reducer coupling nut 3/8" to 1/4"
3. Carriage bolt - standard ones that Roman supplies is 3/8"
3. 1/4" washer
4. hacksaw

The 1/4" nut fits through the square AS hole neatly, and you use the washers and the reducing nut to hold them altogether. I cut the 1/4" bolt short, but that's before I used the Roman's cage - in which case it doesn't really matter how long the 1/4" nut/coupling bolt combo is (if you use the solid roman's spacer it needs to be shorter).

Then you cut the carriage bolt to size. So you end up with:
1. the AS wheel, 1/4" bolt, washer, reducing nut and carriage bolt as a single unit.
2 .You connect the booster, Roman's cage and hales which all thread together.
Put 1 through 2 and then screw the cone adapter/emitter on top.

IMG_4819.jpgIMG_4820.jpgIMG_4821.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Hallwax, yes i'm preparing the photos now (quite a number of them as i did from emitter down to pommel), will upload to here once i am done :)

That looks so good! I love the work you did with the GRAFLEX clamp :thumbsup

Thanks Russellsch, for the aluminium tape portion i learn from James Kenobi 1138 :)

I was brave enough to drill a few holes ( at front- nail, at back- chain) to give the impression that i really drilled a nail thru it, but actually is fake, i super glue the head of the nail (which i cut away it's body) onto the clamp. Same goes with the chain, it is just a 'invert U' shape ring, coming out from the hole.

I'll explain more when i upload the photos soon, so easier to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice!

Thank you :)
it is my first prop modification actually.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back