My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

MitasTouch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My name is Jacob. I'm 20 years old and I'm in the United States Marine Corps. I just recently started to expand my collection to someything actually worth talking about. When I was 13 I watched the movies and was totally amazed. I started with just the 1/15 scale DeLorean replica at 15 and my love and passion for this hobby grew.

I never had the money for a serious collection. I made a few decent items, but was never really happy with them. So now I can actually afford to make an impressive collection. I've only been a part of this forum for about 3 years, but I've gained a lot of information and got to know some awesome people. A lot of thanks to pretty much everyone who posts on any Back to the Future thread regularly.

A good portion of the items I will show here are projects I want to start but will have to be done in the future due to time and space constraints. And all of the items I had to send home because I can't fit it all where I'm currently at, so I'll have to use pictures from the internet.

So to start off my collection is my pride and joy. Big thanks to markpoon for making this possible.
1402585777_zpsc26273b7.jpg

I plan to shorten the bottom to look like this.
8632697_1.jpg

I bought this kit from the member vormz. It is a project i will persue later. It included the lenticular decals with velcro, the edge lenticular, magnet decals to look like silver metal, and footpad velcro. I will make the deck myself when the time comes.
mattycollector-mattel-hoverboard-discussion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399749459-701882-jpg-323148d1399749468

mattycollector-mattel-hoverboard-discussion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399749476-030854-jpg-323149d1399749484

mattycollector-mattel-hoverboard-discussion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399749491-158936-jpg-323150d1399749499

ref=redir_mdp_mobile

av23.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-2-Blast-from-the-Past-Bag-1.jpg

Lot83_bttf2_ohlala_magazine.jpg~320x480

Napkin from Roland.
9524_1.jpg

And of course a pair of V2s. My pair right now is unmodded so that project also has to wait. All the essential mods will be done. I'll do a few things that few have done to make them as accurate as possible. They will only be a display pair so I'm not worried if some mods aren't practical for wearing.
Nike-MAG-2013-Men-Shoes-Online.jpg

This is another project. I want to splice two guess jackets to create Marty's.
$_3.JPG

$_3.JPG

My idea is the remove the leather shoulders and back leather and the pockets on the front and repair the place where the pockets used to be so its all flat. Then use the pockets from the first jacket. Then remove the dark grey color and redye it the light grey. And then replace the leather pieces with denim. There are a few other steps but you understand.

I got this eastpak from the member Pitbull. He was kind enough to offer it for sale. It doesn't have the accurate orange patch. Instead it has the red one, but I was super lucky and found a cheap eastpak on ebay to replace the red patch with the orange one.
ScanAttachment

$_3.JPG

I got this can off of etsy. The seller makes them regularly, so they are easy to obtain.
il_570xN.554208639_htde.jpg

il_570xN.619676472_g9lt.jpg

This will be modded to be screen accurate.
$_3.JPG

Last edited:
Re: My Back to the Future props and Projects

Nice collection and projects Jacob! Proud to be a little part of it and hope you will enjoy your upgraded board ;)

Wow this is amazing! Makes me want to go on the Back to future ride they used to have at Universal. And now I'm sad. If only I had a delorean..

Thank you all for the kind words :) I didn't notice it before, but the picture of my red eastpak didn't show up. It's fixed now.

Great collection, Jacob! But it would be even more interesting if you would post photos of your actual props and not photos made by other people. ;)

Great collection, Jacob! But it would be even more interesting if you would post photos of your actual props and not photos made by other people. ;)

I know this. I don't have the items with me though. Everything is in my home state.

I recieved my guess jacket with the leather pieces today. The fabric is more of a blue in real life than the light black in the picture I posted.

I removed the back leather piece. I did the best I could but where the leather is at the seams, I will need a tailor to unstitch the jacket in those areas to totally remove the leather. I only took off the back piece and threw it away because that won't be needed at all. I'l leave the shoulder pieces so the tailor has patterns for the denim.

I'm going to Arkansas soon. Ill see if I can find a tailor there. And does anyone know where I can find a Shah Safari shirt? Also what color is the jacket itself excluding the shoulder pieces, grey or light blue? Or maybe grey with a little bit of blue in it? I can't decide.

Last edited:

I realized something today. The denim jacket fits me great. It just doesn't have that loose Marty fit. Im ok with it being a little less baggy, but the bottom is too short. If I wore a vest over it, the vest would go way past it. Which that isn't the case in the movie. So along with the other alterations, I will get it lengthened to be just a tad shorter than the vest like in the movie. I haven't picked a denfinite one yet, so it will vary.

One of my good friends says she will modify and alter my Guess jacket for me :) I thoght I was out of luck when it came to finding a tailor.

Awesome collection. Did you go to Paracon to see the Time Machine replica? Too bad your collection is at home. There are three running DeLoreans in Pensacola you could take photos with (if we ever find the time to get them all together).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back