ANOVOS Darth Vader

Great review, Gabe...

I ordered mine in June 2015, so hope I also get a shipping notice soon. Looks like a wonderful piece.

Here is my review video for the Anovos Darth Vader Helmet

https://youtu.be/KPFM3UtpFPg
Good review!, Im now a bit relaxed after view the quality of it.., now lets keep on waiting., thanks

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!
**Sorry for the crappy,indoor pics. I couldn't wait to get this helmet out of the box in to my grubby hands.

33178016974_8494e175d8.jpg

33980362076_00902ebe34.jpg

33864095882_90c34e6d30.jpg

33980360486_e8f0536289.jpg

33635772630_1a5503396f.jpg

So shiny and very heavy!

Btw, does anyone know of a quality helmet stand that can hold the weight of this helmet? I have one of those clear plastic helmet stands from ebay that has the Imperial Logo on the base but I'm not sure it can hold the weight.

Just my $0.02 , but anyone looking for vader should really be a member of the sith lords detachment via the 501st. Screen accuracy will run you the same as the anovos, and be a better product. For those less interested in a specific vader, however, the anovos is a decent "one stop shop". Just don't expect to get 501st approved in one without an additional $700 or more in upgrades.

Just sayin...

Just my $0.02 , but anyone looking for vader should really be a member of the sith lords detachment via the 501st. Screen accuracy will run you the same as the anovos, and be a better product. For those less interested in a specific vader, however, the anovos is a decent "one stop shop". Just don't expect to get 501st approved in one without an additional $700 or more in upgrades.

Just sayin...
I'm confused by "Screen accuracy will run you the same as the Anovos, and be a better product.". Wouldn't the accuracy be better for certain helmets than the Anovos? It sounds like the Anovos has good quality but the accuracy isn't exactly right.

One of the issues with getting certain very accurate helmets is they are generally not available. You almost need to be in a secret club to even hear about them being available. I know of one very good maker that is easily ordered on the RPF.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I'm confused by "Screen accuracy will run you the same as the Anovos, and be a better product.". Wouldn't the accuracy be better for certain helmets than the Anovos? It sounds like the Anovos has good quality but the accuracy isn't exactly right.

One of the issues with getting certain very accurate helmets is they are generally not available. You almost need to be in a secret club to even hear about them being available. I know of one very good maker that is easily ordered on the RPF.

The darth ugly helmets are great (quasimodo even better), and readily available here, yes. There are a couple versions even more accurate, but, you are correct, you will be waiting years for one.

I guess what I meant about the quality was I guess in the accuracy. Mainly the cod - that thing looks terrible. I assembled my ESB Vader for $2700 and I have real leather, metal chest and belt boxes, and a sound system for that cost - and I had it all in a 3-4 month window.

I'm just saying there are better versions for the money. Yes, the quality is fine with the anovos, it just looks like vader's cousin, not vader himself:)

I agree a better Vader can be assembled, but it takes more research and effort. Some just want a one stop shop where they can place a single order and get it all at the same time. Except for the boots in this case. I'm not aware of a better one stop shop for Vader than Anovos.

I have order many of the Anovos helmets. The Vader is one I have not. I prefer the ANH look.

Just sayin...

Would be interested in how you back up the claim of needing $700 in upgrades to be approvable. The only thing I've really ever seen mentioned is the belt buckle possibly needing to be replaced. Other than that it is just tailoring of the cape and bodysuit as would be the case of any purchase. Now I get the fact that you might not like the fact that an approvable ensemble can be easily acquired without waiting years to be on various lists. I can also agree that you might be able to acquire an overall higher quality more accurate ensemble for the same price by piecing one together. Neither of these statements however support what you said, which I believe to be false.

Would be interested in how you back up the claim of needing $700 in upgrades to be approvable. The only thing I've really ever seen mentioned is the belt buckle possibly needing to be replaced. Other than that it is just tailoring of the cape and bodysuit as would be the case of any purchase. Now I get the fact that you might not like the fact that an approvable ensemble can be easily acquired without waiting years to be on various lists. I can also agree that you might be able to acquire an overall higher quality more accurate ensemble for the same price by piecing one together. Neither of these statements however support what you said, which I believe to be false.

Don't get me wrong, I like the one stop shop that anovos is offering, but to get an approved costume would at least require a new helmet and cod... pretty close to the price I mentioned. If keeping the helmet (which looks closest to episode III), then new chest boxes and belt boxes to match, along with accurate episode III gloves. Just saying, I have an ANH and ESB Vader approved via the 501st, and know a little about the details required. The anovos is a great Frankenstein kit for display - I was just trying to notify thread readers that there are better options for the price... not trying to ruffle feathers.

Gotcha, but I do think there are setups getting approved with the cod and helmet without issue. Only thing I've seen/heard anyone asking to switch out was the buckle. Guess it's up to each GMs discretion!

I've yet to see anyone who bought the Anovos Vader actually dressed and wearing it.

Does anyone have and photos of themselves or a friend wearing the Anovos Vader they can post?

We are planning to do an Anovos Vader review and dress up for "Talking Props" in the near future.

I may have missed this in this thread or one of the other Anovos threads somewhere so I apologize if this has been discussed. Today I asked Anovos the shipping date for the most recent batch of Vader Helmets, I ordered in early March, just over a month now, and was told they are still shipping for a spring delivery. Anovos informed me that it is the V2 Vader Helmet... Does anyone know the difference between the Anovos V1 and V2? I couldn't really get an answer in chat and was wondering if there were any planned changes or if they were just going with a different mfgr, box, description or something less important like that. If anyone can shine some light I would appreciate it!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back