ANOVOS Darth Vader

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

A couple things for anyone to keep in mind about this.

The price, you're paying a premium for 1. a licensed product, 2 a one stop shop.

You can build a 1:1 film accurate vader for less, but you have to wait on parts and do all the work yourself to contact the vendors and such. Well, or pay someone to handle it all for you.

If your intention is to join the 501st with this suit, be hesitant. At this moment, since a finished product has not come out, the 501st isn't saying if it will be approvable yet. It will depend on if they are more generic ESB, but not 100% ESB style, or they stay 100% true to the ESB requirements.

Anovos has some pretty slick products and has a great attention to detail, so I really hope they will make a suit that is Vader, and is approvable/film accurate without a lot of additional work.

Granted, if you just want to have a nice standee and don't care about the fine nit picky details, I'm sure it will pass muster! There is NO way it can be worse or even near the quality of the Rubies, their only competition for a licensed product.

I bit the bullet and ordered the std version. Seemed like a great deal to get something I have always wanted.

yeah, same here.

Although, be warned folks..... last time we bought something, the buy now pay later PP option was there automatically. This time around, however, apparently you have to sign up for it BEFORE hand. Wish I had known that...now i've got to pay it off a bit quicker than intended. oh well..

any chance this thing will come out before december? Might have a radio event at a kids hospital that might make it fun to bring to, in addition to 3P0 and R2....if I get invited this year that is, heh.

Keep in mind that the delivery time on this is well into next year, probably in Q2. So unfortunately, no, we won't be able to get this out before December this year.

I bit the bullet and ordered the std version. Seemed like a great deal to get something I have always wanted.

I ordered the standard version too. It sounds like it's the best bang for the buck. If you simply must add the leather under suit down the road maybe this can be sourced from another seller?

The great reputation and track record of ANOVOS combined with a fair price point made this a no brainer for me. I think this is a great investment if nothing else. There aren't too many options for a full Vader out there, so I think this will hold it's value quite well if you ever decided to sell.

I'm planning on using mine for a 1:1 display, so I'd love to hear any plans for a mannequin to go along with it! ;)

Thanks to ANOVOS and "Got Maul" for the hard work!

Keep in mind that the delivery time on this is well into next year, probably in Q2. So unfortunately, no, we won't be able to get this out before December this year.

ahh, gotcha. OK, no worries. even if it shipped to May of next year, it'd be perfect timing for episode 7 launch ;o).

any chance of a stormtrooper? Only other one I'd want.

Thanks for the kind words DW - we try !!!

NeilT - Stormtrooper is something we are working on and is just a matter of when.

I will say though, our developments on the clone trooper are simply astounding. In all honesty, my personal excitement goes to that project because it will be something that no one has ever really seen as far as out of the box crisp detailing and the level of accessibility for this armor set. More pics as they start rolling out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the clonetrooper. I'm curious GM, where did the original come from? Since we know there were no actual suits made for the movies, can we actually hope for a 3d print from the original files? :) And will there by any variants, commanders, phase 1 & 2 etc...?

The beauty of the clone trooper was that it was built in the 3D word, directly from files used by ILM. We then had to take those files and configure it for an actual human body and those were grown 1:1 then casted out using a method that prop houses in hollywood have used in the past couple of years. The whole thing is so exciting because I've always been a huge clone trooper fan. I have very fond memories of building mine with my buddies Luis and Edgar, drinking beer to dull the labor of the endless sanding to get the edges just right. This new process not only captures the detail (without sanding) of the original prop, but does away with brittle nature of vacuform and heavy rigidity of fiberglass.

With every run that we'll cycle through, perhaps 2-3 times a year, we are forecasting doing a limited number of sets with the variant paint schemes (more than likely for this first run, the 501st and the 41st) to be sold alongside the clean trooper. The Clone we are doing first is Phase 2, perhaps Phase 1 later. I truly hope this introduces a new facet to the costuming groups as far as choice.

I suspect you might have to wait on Sideshow for that one, given that Anovos' license is exclusively for wearable costumes!

Not to hijack the thread, but is there any updates on the Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior ensemble? (tans, jacket)

I suspect you might have to wait on Sideshow for that one, given that Anovos' license is exclusively for wearable costumes!

they can only do wearable stuff? dang. the fact that side show fleeces fans when Anvos is within the realm of affordable is a shame. Their Darth is going for 8,000, with payment plan for as 'low' as 799 a month ;o)...

I'm willing to bet a metal C3P0 suit would not be comfy to wear :)

Doing an all metal C3PO ? Probably not...doing a wearable, plated 3PO - probably so.

As far as Sideshow - keep in mind that we have two very different licenses. The biggest difference is that their's is a statue and any additional costs in creating the display I think is justified. We serve two different types of consumers and wish them the very best with their masterpiece.

Darth Clayton - no real update worth noting. It is still on our list though !

Doing an all metal C3PO ? Probably not...doing a wearable, plated 3PO - probably so.

As far as Sideshow - keep in mind that we have two very different licenses. The biggest difference is that their's is a statue and any additional costs in creating the display I think is justified. We serve two different types of consumers and wish them the very best with their masterpiece.

Darth Clayton - no real update worth noting. It is still on our list though !

thanks for the update. it's always nice to see there are reasons for prices being the way they are..
heh, maybe I shouldn't have started on a 3P0, but it's nice to know I can have a Pro done backup just in case something happens with mine ;o).

Not to derail my own thread, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to get the turles license. There have been some AMAZING fan made costumes out there. But I'd love to see a wearable TURTLE costume based on either the 80s or movie 80s universe. as well as a wearable Shredder costume also from that time frame.

We'll see what happens.

Coincidentally, TMNT approached us at SDCC ! But we didn't have any intentions :(

We'll see what happens.

Coincidentally, TMNT approached us at SDCC ! But we didn't have any intentions :(

aww man :(. look up some of the TMNT costumes here and I hope you reconsider. it'd be nice to see what a company with some money behind them could do :).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back