ANOVOS Darth Vader

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

Yeah the shipping concern was one I was worried about as well. As for how long this lasts, there are 25 suits at the 25% off level I believe. As for how fast they will go, that is a good question $2000/$4000 is a lot of money for a costume. I would think it has a few weeks at least. The Luke one is still first tier, but the Han one went to 2nd Tier in a few days. Your guess is as good as mine.

It should be noted. This comes without boots and a saber. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the best quality of both of those? :)

^ Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe it does come with seven pair of clean underwear ... so perhaps two costumes would suffice? ... One for normal wear during the week and one for sundays, special occassions and appearances ;)

Chaim

On top of there not being any pictures of the standard suit, it's been confirmed that it will have a "zip front", meaning a "hidden" zipper seam front and center on the upper torso.

This description was incorrect. The Anovos site has been updated to reflect the following:

"Standard undersuit will feature one-piece jumpsuit construction with mesh ventilation, with zipper at crotch (covered by cod piece) and a full back-length zipper at the back."

This description was incorrect. The Anovos site has been updated to reflect the following:

"Standard undersuit will feature one-piece jumpsuit construction with mesh ventilation, with zipper at crotch (covered by cod piece) and a full back-length zipper at the back."

This is true. I ended up getting a follow up email correcting their initial answer to my inquiry. I hope the standard "faux leather" looks decent. Still no pictures of that option. And, premium is at tier 2 pricing already!

This is true. I ended up getting a follow up email correcting their initial answer to my inquiry. I hope the standard "faux leather" looks decent. Still no pictures of that option. And, premium is at tier 2 pricing already!

I don't believe Anovos has put out anything sub-par. I think the standard suit will look pretty good.

If you price out all the parts, the value here seems to be in the standard line. Plus, if one hated the pleather under suit down the road you could just replace it with a leather one.

I've been considering a 1:1 display Vader for years, and if ANOVAS is as good as most people claim, then this seems to be a pretty good option for the money.

Another problem will be sourcing a mannequin and getting the pose just right. If that could all be done you certainly have a "close enough" Vader for all but the pickiest Vader lovers…?

What size would you guys buy? I assume the XL or 2XL…?

I always am careful in my buying of ANYTHING, especially when it comes to this kind of money. I've asked them if they have any detailed pics yet, and haven't seen anything new. I asked if it was a "reveal" style helmet, or if it was more of just the front with the head holder in the back as many of the helmets are. I haven't gotten much in response.

If nothing else, I'd really like to see more detailed pics of the setup.

I always am careful in my buying of ANYTHING, especially when it comes to this kind of money. I've asked them if they have any detailed pics yet, and haven't seen anything new. I asked if it was a "reveal" style helmet, or if it was more of just the front with the head holder in the back as many of the helmets are. I haven't gotten much in response.

If nothing else, I'd really like to see more detailed pics of the setup.

Hi Josh, when it comes to any kind of money exchange, none take the responsibility more serious than we do. At ANOVOS, we respect and appreciate the fact that you've essentially given us your trust to take your money and help fund our licensed projects. Things like this take time and some level of risk that is assumed by you, the buyer. That's why we try our best to answer all questions, but when it really comes down to it, we give you a real lenient open door policy to ask for a full refund if the risk or things change in your life during the course of project. This is our current day form of a spit handshake.

As for your question, it is not a reveals helmet, in other words, it will not have an ornately decorated back neck brace, nor will top of the helmet have the ROJ reveal decorations. The helmet though, will feature a structure never seen in Classic Vader helmets which will be a magnetically guided, interlocking system of dome to faceplate. Additionally, the faceplate is not just plate...for your face anymore. We've sculpted and extended the plate to go further around the costumer's head for a more secure feel, so that the faceplate becomes more the skull plate, which is more appropriate.

We are having professional pictures taken of our counter sample back from our manufacturer. I don't have the pics up yet, but will show them when we do.

Hope that helps.

Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Darthwhitey- Mannequins ? Hmmm...interesting :) I have spoken with fellow RPFers who are going on their own to create their own solutions. Stay tuned !

I will say that I have bought several items from Anovos, and I can't compliment and support them enough. They are fans, trying to give other fans the very best!

I give them the highest recommendations.

I was one of the first to buy the Vader "experiment" and I have complete confidence that it will be the very best the team at Anovos can produce.

:)

And no, I don't work for them, but I am a very satisfied customer.

Darthwhitey- Mannequins ? Hmmm...interesting :) I have spoken with fellow RPFers who are going on their own to create their own solutions. Stay tuned !
So what you're saying is I can stop scouring the internet for a mannequin(which creeps me out) because RPFers are providing the ultimate Vader mannequin with posable arms and fingers?

If I were buying this, I know the thing I would want to see the most is the standard vs. premier leather to compare the look of the two materials.

I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of these but I would like to see pictures of the actual final product, not of a mock-up version.

Anovos, any chance we will see some photos of the final product? Tier 1 on the premium is already sold out.

If I were buying this, I know the thing I would want to see the most is the standard vs. premier leather to compare the look of the two materials.

I can ask my team to shoot some quick photos of the undersuit fabric to compare.

I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of these but I would like to see pictures of the actual final product, not of a mock-up version.

Anovos, any chance we will see some photos of the final product? Tier 1 on the premium is already sold out.

Some of the pieces that were caught up in the prototype cycle are still being finished. While it is unusual that some of the pieces photographed are not actual final pieces, there is no doubt that we are confident it will be equivalent if not better. With that said, if you are still hesitant but still want to proceed with a Tier 1 purchase (which is very close to closing out), I would recommend making the purchase, knowing that you have a 100% money back guarantee, and watch the development go through its final stages for production closely. As the final pieces start rolling out, you will either see it here or on Facebook.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

I can ask my team to shoot some quick photos of the undersuit fabric to compare.

Some of the pieces that were caught up in the prototype cycle are still being finished. While it is unusual that some of the pieces photographed are not actual final pieces, there is no doubt that we are confident it will be equivalent if not better. With that said, if you are still hesitant but still want to proceed with a Tier 1 purchase (which is very close to closing out), I would recommend making the purchase, knowing that you have a 100% money back guarantee, and watch the development go through its final stages for production closely. As the final pieces start rolling out, you will either see it here or on Facebook.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

Sounds reasonable. If it is possible, it would be nice to see pics of all the components as they become finished.

Would definitely like to see comparison pics of the standard and premier leather side by side.

And of course I always like behind the scenes info. (pics, etc.) on how things are made, any plans for something like that?

Another problem will be sourcing a mannequin and getting the pose just right. If that could all be done you certainly have a "close enough" Vader for all but the pickiest Vader lovers…?

What size would you guys buy? I assume the XL or 2XL…?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l3qa5TyKcVk
I plan to build this for threepio. and, if I can secure one, vader.

- - - Updated - - -

sent you a time sensitive private message ;o) thanks :). I was hoping the pre sale would last a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back