Interstellar Patch

Master Valon

Hey there; I saw this posted on NolanFans, and I thought some of you guys might be interested in it (I for sure would think it'd be cool to see these made). I figured some of you might want to see it.

Saw the movie at a screening last night. They actually ARE wearing these patches on their space suits.

Hoping someone does a run soon.

Sure do found it on line:
endurance_space_exploration_patch__interstellar__by_pointingmonkey-d7wb3ie.png

I have found some nice reference pictures of the space suits which do need this patch but of course none with a ruler in it! I will try to figure out the size and get back to you.

I believe it's 4.5 inches though. Anyhow, A run is coming for few of these. Sample attached. Some color adjustments are being made before final release.ENDURANCE.jpg

I was contacted by another member about the patch and I discovered some interesting things.
Patch Study.jpg
The patch that has been going around the internet isn't accurate, I scanned this from the making of book, it too isn't accurate but it's 90% closer to the one in the movie, the big difference is in the text size and spacing.
Book Patch-sized.png
Also the color is better.

Thanks Captain April! Yeah, the SDCC patch seems to be very much simplified in the Endurance design. The patch they have on their shoulders seems to be a flat, thin maybe iron on material and the design has a lot more detail!

The SDCC patch is different and it's also emboidered, which is cool but definitely not movie accurate.

I'm working on a patch that will be movie accurate and I'm still debating whether to make it the same as in the film (thin, silk screened fabric), embroidered (like the SDCC one but a lot more movie accurate) or both!?

Thoughts? I am planning on making a run of a movie accurate patch if there is enough interest! :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back