thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Well guys, the status on my order (in My Account on the website) now says 'Ready for Delivery', so I'm hoping it's being sent out tomorrow! We shall see, and will let you know.

gonna check mine now... I got an email this morning that stated that they were working hard on it...
got another stock photo...

Just checked... I don't see the phrase... "ready for delivery" anywhere....

If you go into My Account and look at Recent Orders, on the right should be a Status column that gives info of what stage your suit is at, hope that helps.

Just had a 'bad news' email from them:
Dear Christian,

And I have a bad news, We may hardly to deliver your suit before Halloween, as you know it is quite complicated to build the new Mark 43.

According to our current progress, the earliest shipping date is November 15th. If it is too late and you want to cancel your order, we can send you a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a 'bad news' email from them:
Dear Christian,

And I have a bad news, We may hardly to deliver your suit before Halloween, as you know it is quite complicated to build the new Mark 43.

According to our current progress, the earliest shipping date is November 15th. If it is too late and you want to cancel your order, we can send you a full refund.

Well its sucks as news but that they are offering you a FULL refund does make them seem a bit on the up and up.
Given that the suit is measured to you... I would ask for a little discount or maybe a free upgrade on a product as " compensation ":lol

I'm from the UK and I purchase a suit from these guys for over $3000 in July this year, received it in August, it was an awsome suit, but fitting was a nightmare, and it only lasted one wear, parts fell of, became unstuck and the legs completely split, buy the end of the night i looked like i had been in a real battle, stay well clear, still in the process of doing a code 75 chargeback from my credit card company, which is flying through as the website has no real contact details and the one man band business will soon loss their ability to accept web payments

I've never bought from the seller but in your case this seems like more of a case of poor research before buying than a poor seller.
As someone who's built 3 EVA Iron Man suits as well as a EVA Stormtrooper I know from experience that you put a lot of time (or in your case money) into a suit which after 1 wear is going to look very creased and possibly need repairs made to it, after 2 or 3 wears its pretty much ready for the bin unless you want a really battered looking suit.
If I was to pay that sort of money for what look likes a high quality, well built EVA suit I'd use it for display only.
It take many, many pain staking hours and a lot of precision to build one of these suits to the sort of standard displayed on that site, that's what you paid for, if you wear a foam suit the results will always be the same as yours.

Hi, I just joined (via google search) for this very reason, I have been sent the same generic picture as above, been told orginally Oct 26, then 28th, I have now been told it's Nov 15th, which is too late.
Is this whole thing a scam or one man that's overworked?

Is there anywhere else that makes these suits in high quality?

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,
I too bought this suit. I preordered it back on June 30th 2015 and i still have not received it yet. They have been pushing my delivery date a few times now and has beed quit disappointing. The reason why i preordered it was to have by Halloween, and yet they keep coming up with excuses. I have been receiving the same updated photos as well. The company is very misleading. Their site said it takes about 30 to 40 days max for a completed suite. I have been waiting 4 months now.

ChristianE,

So they are willing to cancel your order and provide you a full refund? Doesn't that make you think like they haven't built your suit yet? I mean to offer to cancel and get a full refund, what would they do with a partially made suit? Parts and labor are expensive and it'll go to waste if your took the full refund? Just a thought.

I assume they get a few orders and just wait until someone who has the same measurements for those particular suit parts orders another suit.

Yes, me too, I ordered on July 22nd. I have been worried that it's a scam, but I have found a handful of people that have had a suit from them, so I guess we've just had bad luck. By the looks of things, it's the suits with more electrical add ons that's had the delays. We're all keeping each other posted on any updates.

Determinazn,

Yes I did think it would be a bit of a waste, but I agree with haljordan, they can probably mix and match parts for other orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

To all that are waiting for the their suits to arrive, and not sure if its a con or not (lets be honest, we've all been thinking it), here's a video I found on YouTube of someones completed Mark 43 suit, not sure where his boots are though?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkeJWvy4EA

Morning, I got pushed back yesterday till November 12th. Seems they are waiting for electronics to come in.
I asked them what electronics were missing because if the Arc Reactor, Helmet & Hands work, then I want them to ship the suit ASAP.
We have like four or five of us here that have placed orders for this product, yet all we can find is some dude with a short YouTube video...
This isn't looking good...

*UPDATE*
Waited all day yesterday to hear from "James". I wanted to know the state of the suit, since we are all getting stock photos.
He pushed back the delivery date again and expressed that they would try their best to get the suit out earlier.
I've had enough, We are pursuing a full refund from Paypal. Unfortunately, after 47 days of waiting and empty promises, I can no longer afford to wait.
I have special engagments and Cons where people are expecting "Iron-Man". I was able to find a decent replacement suit.
I will post photos of that when I recieve it.
Good luck to everyone... I hope you guys finally get what you paid for.

Got an update from James

I am afraid I will have to let you down. We have tried our best but still cannot catch up with your time frame. I am really sorry for the delay. There are some challenges during the production process. And we are working hard and our producing team was working day an night.

According to our current progress, the earliest shipping date is Novembe 15th. If it is too late and you want to cancel your order, we can send you a full refund. Alternatively, we would like to offer you 200 USD and we will try our best to deliver your suit to you earlier

It's a sucky situation but at least they seem to be doing their best to compensate you - full refund and no suit or wait and get a discount.
Which do you think you'll choose?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back