thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

I know they can accommodate various size as I had mods made in my build 17201262_657976911076300_5686675208062768739_n.jpg

I'm wondering if the buyfullbodyarmors.com suit would work for a larger frame?
I will ask them, but I wanted impartial input.

5'10" 190 chest 44, waist 36"
I'm 6' 200lbs 34-36" waist and might be looking to sell mine. My gf hates helping me get in and out of it. I have quite a few replacement parts from buyfullbodyarmors i.e. Two helmets four arms...

I placed the down payment today for a BFBA Mark43 suit... After about a month of debating (and years of wanting) I pulled the trigger. I did most add-ons minus the CO2 propulsion, boot lights, and voice changer. I also did not buy the T-slot stand, as I plan to just make my own.

40 days from today is December 5, so I'll call it an early Christmas present for myself. I'll do my best to get pictures, feedback, updates, etc. Since it looks like noo ne has posted information on an order from them for almost a year.

Killerbody's iron man suit is the best you can find any where. Price is also most expensive . If you do some research ,you will find some less expensive option on the suit ,like full body armors or joetoyss. Prices differ from the different materials they use . But in my idea ,i will recommend joetoyss !

What a nightmare to deal with this seller. Providing measurements is the easy part, obtaining an outfit that fits, that's a different topic. I've been trying for months to get an Ironman outfit that actually fits. The seller "Javis/James" will sell your parts to glue onto your outfit, mind you, you've provided measurements so at a loss as to why one needs to add anything. The plastic used is brittle, still looking for the alloy frame, the outfit falls apart easily, paint chips off, mechanical failures, fitting issues, just to name a few. Stay away from this seller & take your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
I contacted James (Jarvis) about what all I needed to have on hand for when the suit arrived. The only thing he recommended I have on hand are the batteries, and here's his reply:

Please prepare following batteries for your suit.(Note: You need to use correct batteries to power the suit otherwise the electronic system will be damaged.)

Protected 14500 3.6~3.7V Rechargeable Lithium Batteries

AAA batteries

• Amount: 2 (2 AAA batteries to light up the arc reactor and chest lights.)

With that and everything posted in this thread, I put together a shopping & Modifications list:

Shopping List:

• Protected 14500 3.6~3.7V Rechargeable Lithium batteries. Qty: 4 (to power the Motorized face plate and eye lights, Hand Repulsors, Forearm missiles and the motorized back wing flaps) Example from Amazon.com
  • AAA Batteries QTY: 2 (to light up the arc reactor and chest lights
  • Intelligent charger for batteries.
  • Very high strength 2 part epoxy (Loctite plastic epoxy?)
  • Rivet gun set that can use 1/8 size rivets
  • LOTS of 1/8×1/8 & 1/8×1/4 sized rivets (with backing washers)
  • Red, silver & gold testors model paint (closest match)

Necessary Modifications:
  • Go over all the seams on the inside with additional hot glue to reinforce.
  • Rivet in the zippers for additional support
  • Additional padding in the helmet
Additional/Usability Modifications:

• Move the buttons from thethumb area to index and middle finger
  • Add fans inside suit
  • Reinforce the silver pieces around the armpit
  • Reinforce the back of the knee with 4 rivets and the inside of it with elastic.
  • Wear a leather belt, glue/rivet straps to the legs that hook on to the belt.
  • Fun Steps - Robots, linkfor iPhone: https://appsto.re/cy/GAkyI.i (Gives roboticwalking sounds) (Source
  • Shoe Boot Mod: Youtube Link
Videos:
SuperDave's Videos (Super Dave Cosplay on Facebook)
Someone's video of the BFBA suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvv4F3G2vdw

Additional Battery Discussions:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=218403&p=4101588&viewfull=1#post4101588
8 li-ion protected batteries 18650, with recommended 4000mAh (You can also use 14500 batteries, but not sure how many.) Source
18650 battery modification: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=218403&p=4102368&viewfull=1#post4102368

Last edited by a moderator:
First Status Update e-mail:

Here comes the first photo status report of your Mark 43 suit. And I have sent you the 2nd invoice. You can pay it through this PayPal invoice link: [REDACTED]

9mVbLlM.jpg
I will send you a new photo status report when there is a new progress! :)

I quickly scanned through the previous posts, as others had mentioned receiving the same exact update pictures. None of the other shared images looked to be like this one (Could be wrong, again, I QUICKLY scanned).

9mVbLlM.jpg

Second Status Update e-mail
Here comes the new photo status report of your Mark 43 suit. And I have sent you the 3rd invoice. You can pay it through this PayPal invoice link: [REDACTED]

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I've been traveling the last week and didn't get a chance to add an unfortunate update from 11/22

Dear [Bogie],

How's everything going! I'm writing this email to you because we will soon move our factory to a new place. We will very appreciate it if you can allow us to push the delivery date to December 6th.

On the other hand, if you have anything planed during this time we will finish your suit on November 27th, as we have promised before.

Please let us know what you think.

Have a nice day!

I replied with:

Hello James,

My only concern would be that moving shops creates a risk for misplacing or damaging parts which could/would cause delays. In the end, I'd choose quality of the suite over delivery date. As long as there is no risk to the final quality/production of the suit, I am okay with pushing out the date.

I do appreciate you e-mailing and asking.

Thanks,

And his response:
Dear [Bogie],

Thanks a lot for your understanding! We will make sure you receive a suit with good quality!

It's been 11 days since I've heard from James. It's the longest communication gap since I placed my order. That plus the request to extend (even though it's back to the original expected ship date) has me a tad nervous. But I assume I'll hear something from him in the next couple days.

I see they are posting on FB regarding the Mark 47. It does look great.

I've put in a preorder for the 46/47. I think I will go with the 46 paint scheme vs the 47. 46 is from Civil war and is more classic IM, where spiderman movie MK47 has the silver lower half. Not 100% decided yet though. I think Infinity war uses a more classic paint scheme from very brief glimpse where Thanos knocks him to the ground.

I've also setup a group for anyone interested in or having the buyfullbodyarmors suits on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/334969456984087/

The goal is to help collect folks who have the suits, or are interested to get the suit to get a nice collected bit of information and support from other owners and builders. Join us there!

Last edited:
Wanted to take a look at that Facebook group, but I'm getting an error when I go to https://www.facebook.com/fullbodyarmorsupport ?

Some things had to change on the setup.

Try this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/334969456984087/

It's super bare, noone there yet. Thats how the group works though, slow building up folks as more suits get out there.

I'll be talking to those who have ordered their suits as I find them and getting them to join so they can give first hand accounts.

Quick status update from James via the facebook group:

Hi there, sorry about the delay, there has been some unexpected stuff during the moving. But we will finish your suit no later than the day after tomorrow. You can expect to receive it within this week

I assume if he's going to be done tomorrow (Thursday) he means that I can expect to receive it within a week, not this week? Either way I'm excited!

Final Invoice and shipping!

Thanks for your email. Here comes the final photo status report of your Mark 43 suit. And I have sent you the final invoice

[REDACTED SOME ADDITIONAL ANSWERS/INVOICE INFO]

Your suit is ready for shipping now. After you pay the final payment, I will notify DHL to pick up your package and send you the tracking number then.

Capture.PNG

I added a UAAS (Universal Aluminum Alloy Supports) which costs $299 (for original color, $449 for Black). I couldn't get a source of 2020 T-slots + design the 3D printed parts to connect them together to build my own as planned for too much cheaper. So I figured I'd pay the bit extra to have metal connectors which I wasn't able to source.

Since my next updates/pictures will probably be my own of the full suit, I figured it's only fair to be honest with what additional features I ordered, what my costs were, and any additional order/purchase information. I want to be transparent for those who may stumble on or have been following my posts since there hasn't been first hand feedback in a year. So that you know what to expect, or at least close to what to expect if you place your own order.

Product: The Wearable Mark 43 (XLIII) Suit Costume (Base cost at time of purchase: $2,699)

Electronics
Motorized Face Plate & Eye Lights ($129)
* Refined Chest Arc Reactor Light ($129)
* Blue Lights under the Chest Armor ($19)

Hand Repulsor or Lights
* Hand Lights ($29)

Forearm Missile
* Both forearm ($269 [$139 each]I was only going to do one, but if I was spending the money, might as well have them on both arms!)

Flying Stabilizer & CO2 Jet Simulators
* Only motorized back wing flaps ($289 - I feel this is the "Wow" factor and is necessary. I couldn't do the extra $710 for jet simulators)

Bodysuit (Morph Suit)
Scarlet Red (I don't think I need this, but it was cheaper than what I could find locally)

High-Increase Shoe Lifts
Full Insole (I'm just a tad short of "suggested" height @ 5'10")

Universal Aluminium Alloy Support (UAAS)
* No, thanks (I added this later on)

I ordered during a promotion for free shipping (Saves $300), and used a coupon DDay gave me for an additional savings (PM him for code and how to apply it! It's not a ton, but a discount is a discount [Covers the cost of one upgrade, like additional arm missile or a morph suite] ;) ).

Invoice total: $3,731.00 (this doesn't include coupon code, as it's subtracted from your 2nd payment)

As mentioned, I also added the UAAS after the fact ($299), so my total cost is: $3,918.07 (this is my true out of pocket cost. Don't tell my wife!!!)

James breaks the payments into 4s.

Payment #1: 20% (Your down payment paid for James to start your build)
Payment #2: 30% (End of 2nd week with first progress picture)
Payment #3: 30% (End of 3rd week with second progress picture)
Payment #4: 20% (End of 4th week with final packaged picture)

So it's a little easier to swallow those smaller payments than 1 huge lump sum.

Upgrades I did not do:

* Shoe Lights ($99) - I didn't think these are necessary. Though today I am second guessing myself...
* Voice Changer ($99) - Reviews of this were bad. I plan to source my own, somehow (PM me if you have ideas!!!)...
* Refined Hand Repulsors with sound effect ($228) - Was expensive, and I have 2 boards which include sound effects from building my own suit. If I want them I will figure out how to swap the boards.
* Jet Simulator ($999) - Includes motorized back wing flaps which I got ($289) but also a CO2 effect. Lots of cons don't allow costumes that even have this type of capability (Dry Ice/CO2) whether you use it or not, so I opted out just to be safe. And it's expensive, though I'm sure it's an awesome effect.

Full cost if you got EVERY upgrade = $4,475 + 300 Shipping (+$299 if you want Aluminum UAAS, $449 if you want Black Aluminum UAAS)

Capture.PNG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back