thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Final Invoice and shipping!

Upgrades I did not do:

* Shoe Lights ($99) - I didn't think these are necessary. Though today I am second guessing myself...
* Voice Changer ($99) - Reviews of this were bad. I plan to source my own, somehow (PM me if you have ideas!!!)...
* Refined Hand Repulsors with sound effect ($228) - Was expensive, and I have 2 boards which include sound effects from building my own suit. If I want them I will figure out how to swap the boards.
* Jet Simulator ($999) - Includes motorized back wing flaps which I got ($289) but also a CO2 effect. Lots of cons don't allow costumes that even have this type of capability (Dry Ice/CO2) whether you use it or not, so I opted out just to be safe. And it's expensive, though I'm sure it's an awesome effect.

Full cost if you got EVERY upgrade = $4,475 + 300 Shipping (+$299 if you want Aluminum UAAS, $449 if you want Black Aluminum UAAS)

I agree with the shoe lights. Not sure where they are but they are really one of those extra things thats not needed. how often will people look under your foot, and if those aren't there, noone will go hey, he is missing lights on his shoes! They will be blown away by the rest of the suit anyways, to much to look at your feet even. You could wear red tennis shoes and people might not even notice.

Voice changer, yeah not sure about this one either. It's likely a cheapo 7 in 1 voice changer you can get for $20. Best to skip it and find a better system. And you really don't even need any voice changer, all you need is a voice amplifier. Check out www.voicebooster.com I have these for my trooper costumes and it's great. No need to change the voice for ironman.

I think I will get the sounds on the hands, but not 100% decided. It's pretty amazing to lift your hands and get repulsor sounds and light that flare up to match. Then they dim again when you lover your hands. The price is in line with some of the guys who make these electronics here on the RPF. Not sure how they compare but they are likely very similar.

I think the Co2 system is also very expensive and seems to be out of whack with the rest of the prices. Not sure what involved here. It's cool but might be overkill. Again the rest of the suit is already awe inspiring thats just overkill. Unless you're going for professional level costume contests, I'd skip this piece as well. motorized flaps and lights are enough.

One thing I haven't see but could be developed I"m sure is the movement sounds. I've seen some folks here offering the movement electronics. It follows your walking and gives the robotic movement sounds to match your steps and this is a very awesome addition I think.

One thing I haven't see but could be developed I"m sure is the movement sounds. I've seen some folks here offering the movement electronics. It follows your walking and gives the robotic movement sounds to match your steps and this is a very awesome addition I think.

Yeah, ChristianE mentioned earlier in this thread (Source):

• Fun Steps - Robots, link for iPhone: https://appsto.re/cy/GAkyI.i (Gives roboticwalking sounds)

Loading this link on my phone, I get an "Item not Available" in U.S. Store but it's available in Cypriot Store. It gave me an option to open the Cypriot store but "The app is not available".

I did some quick googling and didn't find anything good. I'll have to dedicate a bit more time to find a good/fun solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bogie is busy with his suit! I know he got it and posted some small updates/photos in the FB group. Excited to see the next update here as well.

Hey gang. Suit came at a bad time for me with the holidays starting up. It's incredibly frusterating that I don't have the time to get the whole thing on. I've gotten the top half put on and tested. Here's an Imgur album I will continue to add images to as I test things and get it put on.

https://imgur.com/a/qvtLg

Some things to note:

* Helmet design is different and fits much better now than a suit purchased a year ago.
* The legs open/close with chicago screws instead of elastic and velcro. This is more sturdy, but also adds time to put the suit on.
* The batteries I purchased, the nipples are a tad too small and didn't connect correctly to the battery leads. I had to add some 3M washers to fill the gaps and everything works great.
* The harness is different/new. To put it on, you put on legs first, then arms which connects the harness all together. Then helmet/neck piece. Then the back piece. Connect all the wires and leads NOW. Finally, clip on the chest and chicago screw the rib pieces on.
* I think the placement of the buttons to activate the palms, back flaps and mask are placed well and probably wont move them. The forearm missles are activated by lifting your hand up. It moves the plastic that's on top of your hand and depresses a button, there's about a 4 second delay, then it pops open. To close you do the same thing and 4 seconds later it closes.
* Everything looks to be attached pretty securely. I've popped off a couple elastic bands which can be re-attached with a hot glue gun. No pain here.

Issues I have:

* Took pictures of the gloves. The left palm is fine but a tad small, the fingers are too small. The right palm is too small and all fingers too small. I've Skyped with James and showed him the issue. I sent pictures as well (The ones I've added to the album above). He said he will work it out. (This happened last night, so I will update when I hear back).

* Shoes are a tad small (They're marked as US11, I wear a 10 1/2 to 11 and they are too small), which is fine. I will probably find a pair of thin red pumas to put in there which will be more comfortable anyway.

Really, that's it for now. Again, know I have only gotten the top half of the suit on mainly to test the electronics and fit. I have not had a chance to get it 100% on yet.

One major recommendation if you are going to order one: Add a couple MM/CM/inches to all your measurements. Your suit doesn't change, but your body does. Especially in your Hands, biceps, calves, and thighs. Maybe add 10% to every measurement, and 15% for hands? Just a suggestion.

The rest are more notes for myself.

* Look into a way to run just 1 arm with power & functionality.

Bogie; excellent write up thus far. It really seems they have brought up their quality over the last year and I'm very excited for this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

After a lot of research here and waiting to have the money, I finally pulled the trigger on an Iron Man from Buy Full Body Armor.

I've had a lot of e-mails sent and received from Jarvis (James) and he was very helpful to answers all my questions....and it was a lot!

Initially I was going for a Mark 47, but with all add ons it becomes quite expensive for me now.
So I decided to go with Mark 43.
James told me they were working on a new design for Mark 43/42 to have same joints and movement ability as Mark 47. If I payed the deposit last month, he would add this new upgrade for me. And I did the deposit.

He also asked a month to finish the project so he could start my armor production.
I am now waiting for this project to finish.

Also, he said they developed a new painting technic for Mark 47 that is more shinny and durable. For an extra $500 he said he could apply this technic on my Mark 43.

I ordered with all add ons (including CO2 jetpack and new painting technic), except voice changer and light on bottom of the feet.

I'll let you guys know when I have more updates about it.

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone that was waiting for a suit/anyone with a suit has any current updates/reviews they'd like to share. Thanks.

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone that was waiting for a suit/anyone with a suit has any current updates/reviews they'd like to share. Thanks.

I am still waiting for mine. It's about a month late now.
First I was told it was going to be ready by halloween.
At my last contact with them I was told the new date to be ready is no later then november 20th.

Let's see if this is going to be the real shipping date.

I am still waiting for mine. It's about a month late now.
First I was told it was going to be ready by halloween.
At my last contact with them I was told the new date to be ready is no later then november 20th.

Let's see if this is going to be the real shipping date.

Thanks I appreciate the update. Hopefully anyone else that's still waiting or has received a suit will chime in.

I’ve been looking at their suits for a long time. The mark 47 looks outstanding. The various rivots and screws don’t bother me, they’d be easy to color to match. Might have to pull the trigger at some point....

I’ve been looking at their suits for a long time. The mark 47 looks outstanding. The various rivots and screws don’t bother me, they’d be easy to color to match. Might have to pull the trigger at some point....

I've been looking for a long time as well, but it just seems it's maybe a handful of people that actually followup on their purchase as far as posting videos and what not. Quite unfortunate.

i just looked at their mk47 amor and wow thats a pricy endeavour!

looks great though, not sure about the connections that allow everything to move around so much, although id love to know how they got the neck to fleet like that! hopefully it doesn't sound plasticy while walking around with all those looser connection points for mobility

I've been looking for a long time as well, but it just seems it's maybe a handful of people that actually followup on their purchase as far as posting videos and what not. Quite unfortunate.

Join the FB page & you will pics & videos of the Mark 47 armor. It looks great! I ordered mine last week:)

Join the FB page & you will pics & videos of the Mark 47 armor. It looks great! I ordered mine last week:)

I submitted my join request for the group made in this thread a couple of days ago. Haven't been accepted yet. Please keep this updated with your whole process. Much appreciated.

I submitted my join request for the group made in this thread a couple of days ago. Haven't been accepted yet. Please keep this updated with your whole process. Much appreciated.

Will do:) Shoot me a PM with your name & I can get you in the group.

IF you did, and you didn't answer the quewtions, you won't be acccepted. However if you answer the questions I'll always accept you.

Everyting is in the group on FB. I've personally got my MK46 suit and if's mind blowing.

The FBA guys replace parts if something is wrong, and ensure you're 100% with your purchase. They are doing it right.

IF you did, and you didn't answer the quewtions, you won't be acccepted. However if you answer the questions I'll always accept you.

Everyting is in the group on FB. I've personally got my MK46 suit and if's mind blowing.

The FBA guys replace parts if something is wrong, and ensure you're 100% with your purchase. They are doing it right.

Got accepted thanks so much!

I've gotten some secret information that the War Machine MK1 is the next up on the revamp process for then to get the same treatment as the MK46/47. This will be EPIC.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back