thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Just a note on the batteries for the suit guys, as I've just checked with James, you will need 6 li-ion protected batteries 18650, with recommended 4000mAh. You can also use 14500 batteries, but not sure how many. I've gone with the 18650 as they have a higher mAh. Also needs 2 AA batteries as well. I would recommend getting an intelligent charger for the batteries too, as they wont let them over charge. Be a good idea to research the Li-ion batteries, as there's some important things to know when using them, they're not like normal batteries.

I replaced every power system and connection in my 3 suits from this vendor. I ultimately traded out the 4 18650 batteries for a rechargeable 14.8 volt battery. Not only is this a better solution, but it is a safer one as well. The 18650 batteries have a history of exploding during charging and one of my suits actually started to burn when I used those batteries.

Please consider alternative power sources and new connectors if you get these suits.

Some pics of my suits.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 417
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 433
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 420
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 391
I am new on this board and also have the same concerns as many of you here. I am from the Netherlands and ordered a suit on 5 september 2015.

I came to an agreement with James that I pay 50% of the order before they start to built and They said that I have to pay the other 50% before they sending it to me...

I also received exact the same status reports (photos) as you posted here and I also wanted the suit before halloween which plan has been failed due pushing the delivery date forward by James. When I gave up the hope receiving the suit before Halloween I did a test to not let anything know for two weeks and as you may gues, they did not let anything know yet. So I sent them an email just now and see if they will reply tomorrow...

I am also trying to let them send videos of the suit, but that seems to be difficult for them.

I am glad I can share the experience here!
Please let me know if you want to contact me about your experience or if you have questions for me.

Last edited:
Christian E and Murphy,
Do we really need to buy batteries for these suits? Like I mentioned before, I purchased my suite back in June 30th of this year and James pushed back my date until Nov 15th. It has been 5 months! Im afraid that I won't fit in the suite due to my measurements I submitted back in June. My body compositions may have increased in the 5 months delay.

Murphy, are these suits built fitted or do they build them with a little extra room just in case.

Just received a mail from James. I told him i only want to see unique photos and not photos of others. He replied:
Dear Stefan,

I am sorry we may sent the wrong photo, as some Mark 43 suits are in the same batch production. And your suit is really in this milestones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered WAR machine from Masked Rider. Leslee's work is renown, and it's a limited run. My Heads up display will fit nice in as well as the upgrades I'm putting in myself ( motorized MACHINE gun barrel, and a very loud sound system. Reason I chose WAR Machine is because #1 more internal room for electronics and modifications, #2 it's not around here, anywhere.....#3 I mean come on, machine guns on back and both arms.....whoa !!

Good luck with you suits guys.

Bruce

Last edited:
If I do some some rough math this guy is making a killing.

Math time:

From this thread 6 people are waiting on a suit lets average the suit to 2400$ (not include the S&H) = $14400 hes currently sitting on.
This is not to say how many other non RPF people have ordered

I would never order anything over 500$ without at-least finding 10-15 people that have had a great experience with the seller.

Why hasent no one asked for a refund to see if he would actually give it?!

I just really hope 1) you get your suits 2) if not .. You are still able/allowed to open a paypal claim.

Ive seen no solid pics in this thread of someone with over 15posts that said this guy is legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I requested a final ship date of December 1st. Then 8 hours later I said " To Hell with it" and asked for a full refund. James just emailed me back asking to give him until the 1st of December. If its not shipped by then he will issue a full refund. Going to sleep on it before I decide.

Just a note on the batteries for the suit guys, as I've just checked with James, you will need 6 li-ion protected batteries 18650, with recommended 4000mAh. You can also use 14500 batteries, but not sure how many. I've gone with the 18650 as they have a higher mAh. Also needs 2 AA batteries as well. I would recommend getting an intelligent charger for the batteries too, as they wont let them over charge. Be a good idea to research the Li-ion batteries, as there's some important things to know when using them, they're not like normal batteries.

Go over to the candle power forums to get more info on li-ion batteries. Lots of junk or fake batteries out there. In the wrong situations they can vent bad gas or even explode.

not to talk bad about people but have you tried reverse googling any pic that they ever posted or fullbodyarmor has send as so called update posts?

i wouldn't trust this company with anything

ChazWatts has had a full refund, as for photos, there are some a few posts above this.

Last edited:
in chrome you just right click and then it says "search google for this image"
Thanks. Tried that, nothing comes up. Only the Heartbreaker suit was made by another company, as he has stated. I really dont think Murphy1969 would be telling us about his previous suits bought from Buyfullbodyarmors and all the issues he had if it wasnt true, what would be the point?

i donno it just stays weird that most people here only have bad experience with FBA and only a few have good experience and those are the only posts they make to defend the company.

well anyway i won't be looking at this thread anymore see you in another thread :)

Thanks. Tried that, nothing comes up. Only the Heartbreaker suit was made by another company, as he has stated. I really dont think Murphy1969 would be telling us about his previous suits bought from Buyfullbodyarmors and all the issues he had if it wasnt true, what would be the point?

Too much bad joo-joo about FBA so I decided to go with Masked Riders suits. Really good quality suits and he is very responsive so far. No automatic flaps or forearm missiles or anything but still great suits. Just put my $1000 down a few days ago and he has a light workload right now so he expects to be done in 8-12 weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Too much bad joo-joo about FBA so I decided to go with Masked Riders suits. Really good quality suits and he is very responsive so far. No automatic flaps or forearm missiles or anything but still great suits. Just put my $1000 down a few days ago and he has a light workload right now so he expects to be done in 8-12 weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That's what I'm talking about. My War Machine will be 12/15 weeks, but it's massive. I followed the FBA drama and then went with MR. Good luck to all those that ordered from FBA , I hope you get good quality suits.

Last edited:
I just ordered WAR machine from Masked Rider. Leslee's work is renown, and it's a limited run. My Heads up display will fit nice in as well as the upgrades I'm putting in myself ( motorized MACHINE gun barrel, and a very loud sound system. Reason I chose WAR Machine is because #1 more internal room for electronics and modifications, #2 it's not around here, anywhere.....#3 I mean come on, machine guns on back and both arms.....whoa !!

We're here when you need help getting it up and running - well you won't be running in it.
Not sure you'll be able to modify the gun barrel but will be interested in what you try

Don't think you'll want to add any extra weight to this......it's a beast!!

- - - Updated - - -

You won't care about the flaps or forearm missiles ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back