Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 19, 2015, 4:34 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #26

Long time lurker, new poster here.
    I must admit I am pondering the idea of getting one of these suits but, after reading various threads on these forums, I'm seeing a lot of mixed messages.
    Has anyone actually received a suit yet? One of the new fibreglass ones?
    From
    Scotland
    Oct 19, 2015, 5:39 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #27

haljordan said: View Post
    Long time lurker, new poster here.
    I must admit I am pondering the idea of getting one of these suits but, after reading various threads on these forums, I'm seeing a lot of mixed messages.
    Has anyone actually received a suit yet? One of the new fibreglass ones?
    Getting an actual answer on that is highly unlikely. Plenty of people saying they've ordered, some saying they've received and that they were rubbish, some saying the received they were great but no photos have EVER surfaced of 'received' suits. All low post count accounts who never seem to return to reply to any of the questions either.
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 22, 2015, 6:31 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #28

Hi Guys,

I am am still waiting for my suit (Mark 43), and I promise I will upload photos once I receive it, which I have been told will be before Halloween. I'll also leave a detailed review too, as I know what it's like trying to get any info from anyone that's bought a suit from buyfullbodyarmors.

regards,

Christian.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 22, 2015, 12:49 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #29

Hi all, I am brand new to this forum, but I've been trying to search for reviews on buyfullbodyarmors.
    I purchased my MK 43 Suit on September 18, 2015. I just made the last payment on it and as far as the e-mail back and forth..
    I am expecting it to ship on Monday October 26. I have gotten similar update photos.. I am hoping to post a lot of pictures and maybe even a video when I get it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_status_report_20151016.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	348.5 KB 
ID:	544373. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	status_report_20151020_4.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	544372
    Last edited by ChazWatts; Oct 22, 2015 at 12:55 PM.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 23, 2015, 3:51 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #30

Hi ChazWatts,
    Not sure if you've read previous comments, but looks like we're all getting the same update pics, although I'm confident the suits will be sent next week. I ordered mine on 22nd July! Did you have any advanced add ons, just wondering if that explains your quicker production time, as I've order all but the CO2 gas add on. Here's my update pics, look familiar:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	544818   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	544817   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	62 
Size:	827.0 KB 
ID:	544819  

From
    Scotland
    Oct 23, 2015, 5:02 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #31

ChazWatts said: View Post
    Hi all, I am brand new to this forum, but I've been trying to search for reviews on buyfullbodyarmors.
    I purchased my MK 43 Suit on September 18, 2015. I just made the last payment on it and as far as the e-mail back and forth..
    I am expecting it to ship on Monday October 26. I have gotten similar update photos.. I am hoping to post a lot of pictures and maybe even a video when I get it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_status_report_20151016.jpg 
Size:	348.5 KB 
ID:	544373. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	status_report_20151020_4.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	544372
    ChristianE said: View Post
    Hi ChazWatts,
    Not sure if you've read previous comments, but looks like we're all getting the same update pics, although I'm confident the suits will be sent next week. I ordered mine on 22nd July! Did you have any advanced add ons, just wondering if that explains your quicker production time, as I've order all but the CO2 gas add on. Here's my update pics, look familiar:
    It seems like they have stock progress pics that get sent out. I'd argue in future you could ask them to put the date in the photo, maybe a paper from the day or something but I don't know how likely that would be to help.

If that suit does ship on the expected timetable I will be very interested to see the end result and if it does turn out to be the suit in the progress pics. Please do update us. Do you have any expected delivery date for it? Hope that you guys get them on the expected timetable.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 23, 2015, 6:02 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #32

I ordered all of the add-ons except the 2nd rocket and the foot lights. I DID get the Co2 jetpack...
    My buddy and I are guessing that they do a stock run of the suits at one time.. like a "lot".
    However, after seeing all of the exact same pictures.... now I'm getting a little concerned.
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 23, 2015, 6:08 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #33

I have kept in constant contact with them throughout this whole process. Right now it looks like the suit will be ready on Monday the 26th and will arrive on the 28th or so.
    They told me before Halloween. I don't need it for Halloween, but it would be nice. I'll keep everyone updated... right now, I just have my fingers crossed.
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 23, 2015, 8:20 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #34

I know what you mean, it is a bit concerning about the photos, but I can imagine it would be quite time consuming doing individual photos, so using generic ones is easier. Yes, fingers crossed, as I've been given several shipping dates, first was 20 September! Been waiting 3 months since I ordered. Will update as more info comes in.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 10:48 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #35

*UPDATE* - got another update from James this morning. Seems like the building phase is now complete and they are moving to install all of the electronics and lights now.
    I believe we are still on schedule for the suit to be done on Wednesday the 28th. I will update as I get more information.
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 11:16 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #36

Same here, just had that update, here's the phot they sent, let me know if it's the same as yours please Chaz:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	233 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	546275  
  12. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 1:53 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #37

No picture with this update Christian... but did he give you a delivery date?
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 4:29 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #38

No he didn't give a delivery date, but last week he said I would have it by Halloween. I replied back asking about the delivery date, will let you know when he replies.
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 4:34 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #39

That last photo is interesting, especially as it gives a much better idea of how the suit fits together.
    For example, many builds I've seen have had the torso/chest as one piece yet this splits the torso in two.

I did see a video once of someone actually putting one of the new suits on but can't seem to find it now. Dammit.
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Oct 26, 2015, 10:13 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #40

Hi guys, also received an update this morning. Looks like they are almost complete.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	status_report_20151026_5.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	546537
    I asked him to place my name next to my order which he has done. I believe he is at final test and assembly stage on the suit. keep you posted!
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 27, 2015, 12:21 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #41

Well guys, the status on my order (in My Account on the website) now says 'Ready for Delivery', so I'm hoping it's being sent out tomorrow! We shall see, and will let you know.
    Oct 27, 2015, 12:57 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #42

A friend of mine is thinking of getting one of these suits. Looking forward to updates, I hope all turns out well.
  18. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 27, 2015, 1:56 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #43

gonna check mine now... I got an email this morning that stated that they were working hard on it...
    got another stock photo...

Just checked... I don't see the phrase... "ready for delivery" anywhere....
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 4:40 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #44

If you go into My Account and look at Recent Orders, on the right should be a Status column that gives info of what stage your suit is at, hope that helps.
  20. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 7:37 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #45

My order status just says "Paid". Hopefully I hear from them today that it's ready to ship out.
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 10:00 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #46

Just had a 'bad news' email from them:
    Dear Christian,

And I have a bad news, We may hardly to deliver your suit before Halloween, as you know it is quite complicated to build the new Mark 43.

According to our current progress, the earliest shipping date is November 15th. If it is too late and you want to cancel your order, we can send you a full refund.
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 10:05 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #47

ChristianE said: View Post
    Just had a 'bad news' email from them:
    Dear Christian,

And I have a bad news, We may hardly to deliver your suit before Halloween, as you know it is quite complicated to build the new Mark 43.

According to our current progress, the earliest shipping date is November 15th. If it is too late and you want to cancel your order, we can send you a full refund.

Well its sucks as news but that they are offering you a FULL refund does make them seem a bit on the up and up.
    Given that the suit is measured to you... I would ask for a little discount or maybe a free upgrade on a product as " compensation "
    From
    Cleethorpes, England
    Oct 28, 2015, 11:43 AM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #48

PaulDean said: View Post
    I'm from the UK and I purchase a suit from these guys for over $3000 in July this year, received it in August, it was an awsome suit, but fitting was a nightmare, and it only lasted one wear, parts fell of, became unstuck and the legs completely split, buy the end of the night i looked like i had been in a real battle, stay well clear, still in the process of doing a code 75 chargeback from my credit card company, which is flying through as the website has no real contact details and the one man band business will soon loss their ability to accept web payments
    I've never bought from the seller but in your case this seems like more of a case of poor research before buying than a poor seller.
    As someone who's built 3 EVA Iron Man suits as well as a EVA Stormtrooper I know from experience that you put a lot of time (or in your case money) into a suit which after 1 wear is going to look very creased and possibly need repairs made to it, after 2 or 3 wears its pretty much ready for the bin unless you want a really battered looking suit.
    If I was to pay that sort of money for what look likes a high quality, well built EVA suit I'd use it for display only.
    It take many, many pain staking hours and a lot of precision to build one of these suits to the sort of standard displayed on that site, that's what you paid for, if you wear a foam suit the results will always be the same as yours.
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 2:50 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #49

Hi, I just joined (via google search) for this very reason, I have been sent the same generic picture as above, been told orginally Oct 26, then 28th, I have now been told it's Nov 15th, which is too late.
    Is this whole thing a scam or one man that's overworked?

Is there anywhere else that makes these suits in high quality?

Please help.

Thanks in advance
  25. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 28, 2015, 6:15 PM - Re: thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice #50

Hi guys,
    I too bought this suit. I preordered it back on June 30th 2015 and i still have not received it yet. They have been pushing my delivery date a few times now and has beed quit disappointing. The reason why i preordered it was to have by Halloween, and yet they keep coming up with excuses. I have been receiving the same updated photos as well. The company is very misleading. Their site said it takes about 30 to 40 days max for a completed suite. I have been waiting 4 months now.