thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

My fellow tin men...
It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've just recently gotten back from Megacon in Orlando. With all of the mods I've done I can safely say that I am almost at an end with my mods since everything performed above expectations. I'm currently reengineering the knee joints. The issue I'm running into is that the thigh pieces turn inwards and the lower leg/calf pieces turn outwards. As soon as I'm done experimenting and testing I'll make a new video. So far the only casualty I have is a sound board for the right hand..crackling sound when activated. Most of the paint on the suit has been steadily peeling off in sections. I think ultimately I'm going to strip the whole thing and repaint. For now just checking in and catching up. Please feel free to contact me as most of you already have. I'll do my best to get back to you asap. Contact me through my you tube videos or at Super Dave Cosplay on facebook. Thanks for watching and best of luck with your suits.

So I see on the site if you order today, you will have your suit by July 24th. What I'm wondering is if anyone has ordered the "new & improved" suit? Also still waiting on your review fantazar. Sooooo tempted to buy one.

Guys,
I'm currently getting my suit ready for Dragoncon. After I get back from that i'll be making a new video just to show what everything looks like now. At the moment there's a $#!^ ton of damage I have to fix before leaving for Dragoncon. I got my suit back in November 2015 and to say the least I've put it through it's paces considering I do ALOT of conventions. The biggest problem I've had is that every time I wear it something always breaks or is about to fall off. I do go over it prior to going but I guess it's just the nature of the beast. It's still an ongoing problem project to get it to where I need it to be. I'm still having problems getting the knee areas just right due to support and design. I'm close but the way things are going I may end up having to use bondo to strengthen the areas and reshape them so that I can be able to bend at the knee better, especially for walking and stair purposes. I've had to replace the servos in the helmet due to use. The button switches I have to replace also due to use and poor quality. I'll be going over everything in depth once I get back from dragoncon. This has been a very busy con season for me and I may end up retiring this suit and pursuing one made of foam or fiberglass. At this point I'm very tired of having to fix this thing every time I wear it and spend more money to replace the electronics. Once again guys please feel free to contact me here or Facebook. Best of luck with your suits if you have them.

SD,

Thank you for your input. I have a $1000 down payment for Leslee's (Masked Rider) Mark 43 and have been waiting for 16 months for his 3D printed suit. Needless to say, Im not happy that its taken this long so Im looking elsewhere. Really like their 43 version with all the options but it sounds like as long as you take care of it, it'll hold up.

Appreciate everyone's input -

-Ben

I feel your pain Ben

I think Leslee has got caught up creating a Hall of Armours for a wealthy client and gone off the boil.

It's such a shame as his suits are awesome.

Thanks Funkster - It just sucks as small updates come in about every 2 mnths but at this point, Im request my deposit back. Your comment about Leslee taking on a larger project after he took our deposits for the Mark 43 grinds my gears. My feelings are first come first served but now at 15 months, I hit my limit.

I really respect everyone's collaboration and sharing what works and doesn't work. So, can I get those that own FBA Mark 43's opinion on the helmet size being proportionate to the body?

Thanx All! - Ben

If it's any consolation, which it's probably not, Leslee's suits are beautiful and fairly bombproof, but the fibreglass makes them quite heavy and hard to wear for extended periods.

Even the guys with the MK3 I know can only manage 2 hours tops.
Plus, they don't come ready to wear

I totally agree! The quality of Leslee is the only reason I have waited this long. Hes somewhat stayed in touch but at this point the quality has no merit.

Thanks Funkster - It just sucks as small updates come in about every 2 mnths but at this point, Im request my deposit back. Your comment about Leslee taking on a larger project after he took our deposits for the Mark 43 grinds my gears. My feelings are first come first served but now at 15 months, I hit my limit.

I really respect everyone's collaboration and sharing what works and doesn't work. So, can I get those that own FBA Mark 43's opinion on the helmet size being proportionate to the body?

Thanx All! - Ben

I, too, was one of the original five that put down a $1000 deposit for one of Leslee's (Masked Rider) Mark 43 suits. After waiting over a year, I asked about a refund of my deposit.
He politely declined my request, so I wish you the best of luck in trying to get any money back.

Are you serious? He told me he was going to arrange a refund. Hell, I even offered to see if he had any other versions that could be available or if he could finish the Mark 43 in 90 days or less but no response. I feel we have been more than fair in patience but a line needs to be drawn.

To both,

Hmm... although I'm only the 3d modeler for the suit project of Leslee's Mark 43. I think to be fair to post over Leslee's build thread is better to here as he can see what your concern other than outside of his thread.

And this suit is really a huge work to do from mastering/ molding/ casting by his end and limited resources, not counting my modeling/tweaks done over the 3d model :(
I think he was knowing well that this bunch of work is going to affect the delivery date from his past working experience for getting good finishing works done, that's could be the reason he offering lowered price for few initial investors and hope to share the loads...

Hope that you guys can bare with him and bring this out to his build thread, as what he already paid for the full suit printed and done completely.
Now we just a wait to mastering the rest of pieces and get them to mold, as he told me there are piece to top set done as well.

Thanks again being part of the project man ;)

I, too, was one of the original five that put down a $1000 deposit for one of Leslee's (Masked Rider) Mark 43 suits. After waiting over a year, I asked about a refund of my deposit.
He politely declined my request, so I wish you the best of luck in trying to get any money back.

Are you serious? He told me he was going to arrange a refund. Hell, I even offered to see if he had any other versions that could be available or if he could finish the Mark 43 in 90 days or less but no response. I feel we have been more than fair in patience but a line needs to be drawn.

Happy to report that I have a Mark 43 on progress from Buyfull Body Armors. Scheduled tplease ship Oct 8th so can't wait to get this off the ground. Om.adding a a windows 10 mini PC with a AI Jarvis in the suit as well... more to come!

Just received my suit yesterday. 3 days later than expected delivery but made it within minutes to show up for my sons bday with cupcakes at school. I can't seem to get the main suit to power on so add ons not working. Could really use a hand.
One rib piece was loose in box couple paint chips.
Johnpglaze@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Ps really interested in your win 10, robot movement noises and Jarvis AI

Just received my suit yesterday. 3 days later than expected delivery but made it within minutes to show up for my sons bday with cupcakes at school. I can't seem to get the main suit to power on so add ons not working. Could really use a hand.
One rib piece was loose in box couple paint chips.
Johnpglaze@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Ps really interested in your win 10, robot movement noises and Jarvis AI

Can you please post pics of the suit? Also can you give a review on the "new" version suit? Thanks:)

Preliminary thoughts or review of the "new" Mk 43 from fullbodyarmors.

Electronics not working was my fault for not using correct 14500 lithium batteries. New batteries will be here in three days. There are several spots where the suit will rub on itself so I am adding felt on the underside of the panels. I had one piece of the ribs fall off but it was simple to reattach. The shoes were very uncomfortable pushing me onto my toes then I added heavy work boot insoles, comfortable now. The two piece helmet doesn't fit together completely. 6 out of ten finger tips are to tight to wear with scarlet under suit on the switches in the gauntlet are hard to press and the Velcro holding them together is still no good.
I have sent emails to buy fullbodyarmors and James has been very good about responding even thought they are on some fall break.
If you want pictures email me with specific questions and I will be glad to answer

Johnpglaze@gmail.com

As the date of my Mark 43 is approaching, I have been working on JARVIS to be operational in the suit and happy to report that I have him complete. Ill snag a video and share where Im at so if anyone else has ideas / suggestions, would love to hear them. Also, for those that have their suit, are the batteries all LiPo that power all the LED's or a combo of different sizes? I recall SuperDave consolidating his to get more run time but couldn't find his post.

Hey Guys.

Just put the 20% deposit down (TWICE accidentally as his site had the pay option and I thought I did'nt, so it's actually a 40% deposit) with James for a Mark 43 suit (faceplate electronics and backflaps were a must on top of lights etc) on the 11th of October 2016.

Brief history: Did my own foam suit back in the day until it was destroyed by my ex gf's mom accidentally.. .

Tried Fibreglass and stockcard with a helmet but lost steam due to work commitments and personal problems (thus the ex gf and a few other girls..)

So decided to take the plunge with FBA after lurking around this forum.

Know it's gonna take some time for James to build it and also know some work will be put in for strapping adjusting etc, But it's fine because if you've ever built a foam suit before, you'll know what to do (and with great peeps like you here for support)

Currently using Note 7 (don't explode!) So pics will be posted up when I get updates.

Sorry to hear some of you got your suits eons later... But also saw James is aware so it's all good I hope..

Update: Emailed him about PayPal transferred but he only responds at night here.. guess daytime is make suits time...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back