thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Hi, we are trying to purchase an iron man suit, we have lost £500 to a man who said he would make in California only to be lied to and we have lost out money so now we are super cautious of where we go. Can anyone please recommend where we can buy one from that isn't going to lie and steal our money

Hi, we are trying to purchase an iron man suit, we have lost £500 to a man who said he would make in California only to be lied to and we have lost out money so now we are super cautious of where we go. Can anyone please recommend where we can buy one from that isn't going to lie and steal our money

Hi Anna,

You can go with Full Body Armors. As you read this topic, you may notice that it's not the most fast way the get your Iron Man suit. BUT you will get it!
James respons always fast to me and he helped me out several times with issues (also money issues). If you have any questions, please pm me.

Hi Anna,

You can go with Full Body Armors. As you read this topic, you may notice that it's not the most fast way the get your Iron Man suit. BUT you will get it!
James respons always fast to me and he helped me out several times with issues (also money issues). If you have any questions, please pm me.
Anna know that it will most likey take little more than 6 month to get it. And after you get it you will have to put some work in it to put it together or fix it or even repaint it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would recommend contacting like ironmaiden or steath to commission you an suit. Just make sure they know you are serious.

Hi Guys,

My suit is due to ship next week after ordering in December and it should have arrived late Jan. However, I have been following this forum and I am now considering cancelling my order after reading the nightmares people have had. I really want a suit but I am so worried its going to keep falling apart and the fact you have to practically re-build it yourself and modify is really daunting especially for someone who has spent all their money on the suit itself so can't afford further mods.

I paid £2,500 for my suit and I am so worried. Anyone got any help/advice? James has said before I can get a refund.

It's true that the quality of the suit is not spectacular, but it looks awesome. Some parts will fall apart, but you can easily fix it yourself. Otherwise, you will get a replacement form James. But you have to be patiënt. They are not very fast with delivering.

At this time i don't think you can get a Mark 43 Armor with this looks and elektronics. I know that 'Mask Rider' is busy with a Mark 43 suit. Also a company in Marseille (Life Size Heroes) are processing a Mark 43.

Please beware of the Duty and VAT costs if you are importing the suit from FBA in the EU. It's very high!
Notify James if you are in the EU, so he can set the value of the package at minimum.

Well if it helps anyone, I'm currently building darkside's iron man pep mark VII suit at the moment, and he has given me permission to sell it when I'm done, but the suit is taking a while because I'm stubborn and want it on point haha , but if anyone wishing to buy an iron man suit I would be more than happy to provide it someone, and I'm not sure to be honest how much I sell it for even though the material really isn't that expensive...the labor is, but I take pride in my builds :), but if your curious about the details feel free to ask .

I have to say ive only recently followed this thread in the last few days and I gotta tell U super Dave, Christian etc you are talented guys. And I have a feeling I'm gonna have some work ahead of me. I stumbled across this after paying my deposit to James. On my credit card. I know it looks like my expectations are now dented and im gonna need to work on this suit which is a joke really for what U pay. I will say I have finished a foam suit that I did myself and it took me a year. So I can wait a bit for the suit. I have contacted James and he says he knows about this website ha
All your videos are awesome that U have put on and the actual suit when U are done is amazing. Would I be able to maybe facebook friend you guys regards my suit and to see how U lot are getting on? Or open one for us all?
I hope my dealing with them is better but im guessing it won't be. I have emailed loads of my concerns for answers but so far I receive one email a day off him.
Thank you for this forum guys

Andy...if you need help with your suit I'd be happy to help you. I have had a busy schedule lately with work and events, I haven't been on here that much. I have done a bit of research in regards to anyone looking for a new suit. Go on facebook and lookup R.A.W "Real Awesome Workz" or on this forum he's under IM Nation. I've been talking with him and seems to be very good at what he does. Prices are reasonable but the build time is around 6 months due to quality craftsmanship. I'm trying to get a new video up soon to show the mods I've done and not to mention the wear and tear my suit has sustained over the last few months. To say the least...I'm still in repair mode on this damn thing. Feels like it will never end unless I throw it in the garbage. I hope you don't run into any problems with your suit when you get it, but, guaranteed something will be wrong. Contact me anytime. Good luck!

Lately i got two replacements from James for free as service.
The back-piece with new back wings and new buttoncontrols for the hands. So I can say I am satisfied with their service!

I put up a new video if any is interested. About 26 minutes going over my repairs and mods etc. Hope everyone is doing well with their suits!

Hello Guys, i am new to this thread. just starting reading the whole thing today. i put in my order for the mark 43 last night. i saw your tube videos superdave and i am very impressed with your workmanship on this suit. by reading all of these posts about this company buyfullbodyarmors.com i see that a bunch of you went through hell and back with the shipping dates and repairs. i am certain i will be able to address all of these issues thanks to superdaves videos. although i also noticed that most of you ordered your iron man suits a while back ago and probably got a previous batch of suits. i am wondering if any of you got a more recent order and if some changes have been made to the suits production. when i was reading pretty much every aspect of the website on fba last night i notices on the Feature highlights section the following.

• New material - high strength resin, ABS with EVA inner lining, fiberglass, aluminum alloy frame work.
  • New painting technology - automobile spray painting, primer layer, color layer, protection layer.
  • New integrated joint structure - move faster and more comfortable, less or no joint gaps.
    • articulated shoes & ankle joint
    • articulated knee joint
    • articulated and flexible belly & crotch
    • articulated elbow joint
    • multilayer bendable and rotatable neck armor
  • New movable armor pieces
    • shoulder joints related movable armor pieces mechanism - extended shoulder joint moving range
    • hip joints related movable armor pieces mechanism - you can now sit with the armor
    • my question is if when you guys made your orders 6,7 or 8 months ago, was this also on the website? if i can please get some insight to know if I'm expecting what you guys got. or if I'm getting a new improved batch of suit. Thank You

Hey Guys, i e-mailed James o friday to ask him the same question i did here. and also to tell him about all the problems are having and he said he knows about this thread and the youtube videos. this is what he replied to me:
IMG_6343.jpg

then i asked him about the delivery schedule and he replied:
IMG_6344.jpg

i can rest assured he knows about the problems with the suit. just wanted to let everyone here know

Hi guys
My name is James and I've been a member here for a number of years now.
I am also not PAID to comment here and honestly, I ordered my suit in March 2016 and I received it end of on Tuesday this week so no complaints regarding the manufacturing and delivery times.
Comms have been great with James from FBA from the start to finish

At this stage, I've only opened the box but have had no chance to actually take everything out and inspect/test
I will do next week as I'm full on at the moment

To SuperDave:
Have seen all your vids and appreciate your time and effort in practically having to rebuild what shouldn't have had to be
I feel for you mate and hope that this burden is not the norm
Hopefully you'll be able to find the light at the end of the tunnel soon

However, no matter who you buy from, the suits are never going to slip straight on and DO require some work
I have brought an IM3 from MR and ended up having to sell it because it just didn't fit me
I'm a real handyman so IF I need to repair something, I don't think I'll any problems
I'm also an electronics tekkie (self proclaimed) as I solder PCBs on Video Game Consoles so won't have any issues with the electronics

Yes, the suit I ordered falls into that described above so I'll update as soon as I can guys

I'm so tempted to order one, but also nervous at the same time. I guess if I use my CC, I am protected....

Hello Guys, i am new to this thread. just starting reading the whole thing today. i put in my order for the mark 43 last night. i saw your tube videos superdave and i am very impressed with your workmanship on this suit. by reading all of these posts about this company buyfullbodyarmors.com i see that a bunch of you went through hell and back with the shipping dates and repairs. i am certain i will be able to address all of these issues thanks to superdaves videos. although i also noticed that most of you ordered your iron man suits a while back ago and probably got a previous batch of suits. i am wondering if any of you got a more recent order and if some changes have been made to the suits production. when i was reading pretty much every aspect of the website on fba last night i notices on the Feature highlights section the following.

• New material - high strength resin, ABS with EVA inner lining, fiberglass, aluminum alloy frame work.
  • New painting technology - automobile spray painting, primer layer, color layer, protection layer.
  • New integrated joint structure - move faster and more comfortable, less or no joint gaps.
    • articulated shoes & ankle joint
    • articulated knee joint
    • articulated and flexible belly & crotch
    • articulated elbow joint
    • multilayer bendable and rotatable neck armor
  • New movable armor pieces
    • shoulder joints related movable armor pieces mechanism - extended shoulder joint moving range
    • hip joints related movable armor pieces mechanism - you can now sit with the armor
    • my question is if when you guys made your orders 6,7 or 8 months ago, was this also on the website? if i can please get some insight to know if I'm expecting what you guys got. or if I'm getting a new improved batch of suit. Thank You

I am currently in the market for both a Irion Man Mark 43 and a War Machine costume and have been considering buying both from these guys. I have spent the better part of a day reading this entire thread and came to the conclusion that FBA had some issues with QC at the beginning most likely because of getting the product out before they really tested it, perhaps to recoup the R&D they had to spend getting the suits actually ready to go. That being said I have the same questions as IronState85.

Did the website list the suit materials as indicated above as "New material - high strength resin, ABS with EVA inner lining, fiberglass, aluminum alloy frame work."? from what I have seen of the postings and YouTube videos there is not part of the suits reviewed here that are fiberglass correct?

Has anyone compared one of the newer suits with one that was delivered a year earlier?

Has anyone had any of the same issues as SuperDave with their new suit?

Lastly has anyone seen in person, know anyone with, or heard any details about the War Machine he is also offering?

I know the suits will need to be tailored to the user as well as constant maintenance and repairs. I am pretty good at fabricating, upgrading and repairing things so that is not an issue. But for this amount of money I would hope that have been working to sort out the short comings with the suit and make corrections as they have assembled the newer versions. More importantly I would hope they have come up with a better way to assemble the suits other than hot-glue and to make the weaker parts thicker or out of a different material which seems to be the main issues with the suits. Your thoughts?

Anyone know why every time I visit the page, I get a 404? Using google cached page works, but I can't view it on a normal browser.

This looks awesome, Murphy! I am very interested in a fully loaded Warmachine from BuyFullBodyArmors. I've been in contact with James. He's been very nice so far. It looks like that's what you have. If so, how do you like it?

BTW, I'm new on here and you are the first person I have reached out to. You will forever be my first, LOL!

Thanks, man.

A big THANK YOU to SuperDave for sharing those videos. Your time and effort is enormously valuable. I really hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor. :)

To everyone else, is there anyone out there that can provide similar videos regarding their experience with their WarMachine suit? I do know that James is doing his best to improve and address the issues of the past. Throughout my conversations with him, he has been very kind and informative. I really hope that his latest work (especially on WarMachine) addresses the concerns brought up by SuperDave and the like. Any pictures or videos of a relatively recent WarMachine suit anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys
My name is James and I've been a member here for a number of years now.
I am also not PAID to comment here and honestly, I ordered my suit in March 2016 and I received it end of on Tuesday this week so no complaints regarding the manufacturing and delivery times.
Comms have been great with James from FBA from the start to finish

At this stage, I've only opened the box but have had no chance to actually take everything out and inspect/test
I will do next week as I'm full on at the moment

To SuperDave:
Have seen all your vids and appreciate your time and effort in practically having to rebuild what shouldn't have had to be
I feel for you mate and hope that this burden is not the norm
Hopefully you'll be able to find the light at the end of the tunnel soon

However, no matter who you buy from, the suits are never going to slip straight on and DO require some work
I have brought an IM3 from MR and ended up having to sell it because it just didn't fit me
I'm a real handyman so IF I need to repair something, I don't think I'll any problems
I'm also an electronics tekkie (self proclaimed) as I solder PCBs on Video Game Consoles so won't have any issues with the electronics

Yes, the suit I ordered falls into that described above so I'll update as soon as I can guys

Any pics or video of the suit?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back