thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Hi Guys!
Can anyone provide a list of tools / parts / spares that would be handy to have ready for the arrival of the suit to make anticipated repairs / modifications?
Also, does any one know where to get a good mannequin from, full sized about 5'8"ish?
Lastly anyone have any in sites for storage and transportation?
Thanks!

SuperDave Thanks for ur help.

I'll show u the front crash the back one is worst :(

IMG_0561.jpgIMG_0560.jpg

Some people recommend me this glue (they told me that is only for proffesional sector, is expensive, rare to find, but stronger and clear) what u think?

3090.jpg

Hi guys,
After 7 long months I finally received the suit! Unpacked it and everything seems fine. However, I have several questions for you guys that received the suit, is the strap harness suppose to be connected from the neck piece to the legs? Is there anyway it can be separated? Also, are the straps that's connecting the arm pieces to the neck piece that close to each other? Can those straps be separated as well? Wish there was guide or video of how we can put the suit on.

Thanks

Hi guys,
After 7 long months I finally received the suit! Unpacked it and everything seems fine. However, I have several questions for you guys that received the suit, is the strap harness suppose to be connected from the neck piece to the legs? Is there anyway it can be separated? Also, are the straps that's connecting the arm pieces to the neck piece that close to each other? Can those straps be separated as well? Wish there was guide or video of how we can put the suit on.

Thanks

Congrats Determinazn!! In my opinion you must do the same modifications as SuperDave did in his suit (watch his videos). (I'm making this modifications in mine at this moment) and really it makes an important upgrade of commodity and wearing time . The first day i've separated (cut) the arness that comes.

Shade...I studied your pics very closely. With how that split looks like you might want to use either a metal or strong piece of plastic to use as a bracket and rivet each side. Once connected fill in the gap (if any) with epoxy to give it the extra strength. Once it's dry smooth out the surface then paint. Should look good as new. The rivets will give it a machine look and blends in nicely so it won't look tacky.20160107_185647.jpg

Last edited:
The waiting got me so nervous i started rebuilding and fixing my old Fullbodyarmor suit.

I hate working on such things, because i'm not handy at all, and it's really a queste to use the right paint, material or techniques.
Just to show how frustrated i am with james :D

8783_10208114995974110_8811326542548549906_n.jpg

BTW: maybe it's a good idea for everybody to post his ironman facebook fanpage, so we can build the community ?

UK Leicester. I spoke with James again today and he says he is doing everything he can to get it done but I'm not holding my breath.

No worries dude.

Had you been closer to me, Essex, I'd have tried to help you out (if your girl would have settled for War Machine)

Leicester's a bit of a trek :(

Hi guys, those who received the suits the electronics won't work! The front arch works with the two AA batteries, but when i put in the 4 AA batteries at the back where all the electronics are, nothing turns on? Is there any other switches or batteries needed somewhere inside? Help!

The chest piece is the only one that runs off of AAs, the rest of the suit needs 14500 Batteries. Silly I know, similar size to a AA but 3.7 lots instead of 1.5.I'm using 800mAh XTAR batteries, they seem to work well for me.

Determinazn...I've switched from the 3.7v AA type batteries to a 12v power pack. The batteries were only giving me about 3-4 hours maximum usage so I now I'm getting around 12+ hours of usage between both packs. I have one smaller than the other due to capacity. You can find these on amazon. Here's the pics...
20160109_113045.jpg20160109_113103.jpg20160109_113122.jpg20160109_113149.jpg20160109_113203.jpg20160109_113235.jpg20160109_113303.jpg

Last edited:
Best check with them, I was originally told either the 18650 or 14500, which made no sense as they are different sizes. I went with the 18650s and checked with them before they sent the suit, they said it was fine, subsequently it looks like they cut and extended the battery pack to fit them.

Guys...keep in mind you have a power converter. I metered out the battery pack with the 4 3.7AA types and got 15.8v. The new power packs I bought only go to 12.5v and they're a higher capacity so the battery life is alot longer. I'm doing this because I stay at the conventions a very long time and changing batteries isn't the easiest thing right now. I just ran into another problem last night...my cod piece ripped on both sides so now I have to rebuild a new one. Luckily I have some left over materials from my shoes when I modified those. I'll post pics later tonight. PS...James you still have $#!@ materials and poor building skills.

well... for what its worth, i know some of you guys are dealing with nightmares with these guys, but if anyone is interested in selling a pair of abs and cod, or legs etc...Id be willing to help you recoop a little or something, i think i would be able to fix and repaint some of the peices, but i just cant get myself to invest in buying anything from them directly... just nightmares I keep hearing...
I actually send them an email to get the shoes only, and got zero reply..... you would think it would be an easy sell for them. nothin.

sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but I dont mean to derail anything, just checking to see since some of you guys ACTUALLY received something, LOL

unfortunately it looks like its only pieces to modify...

Well, i have to thank Superdave!!

I was working on my old Mark 6 suit from FBA. And the belly pease kept breaking lose. I tried hotglue, superglue, silicone, everything, it kept making it groser and kept breaking.
I don't know anything about tools and techniques, but thanks to Superdave i learnt about rivets.

AND IT'S SO ******* EASY!!!! :D Thank you bro!!!
Also for the video's and the instructions!!!

You are a good man!
:D

Grtz!

Find my ironman page on facebook: IRON MAN // G-Nius

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back