thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

What is the movement range like? Can you actually sit? How high can you raise the arms? Shoulder level? Higher?
Does the neck/helmet design restrict head movement at all?

Seems like this thread has gone a bit quiet since a couple of people have received their suits, but not answered some questions people have asked. I'm still waiting for my suit, apparently will be shipped on Monday, so I'll answer any of the outstanding questions once I've received it, and put up a video review.

OK guys it's review time once again :facepalm
Here we go...debuted the suit at a convention last weekend. Everything was ok for a few hours (3) to be exact before things started to go wrong. For starters just walking was work in itself. Felt like I had steel rods in my legs, couldn't bend my ankles or knees properly and if I did things would pop off or apart. I had 2 people helping me out the entire time and by the end of the event it felt like we had just pulled an overnight shift. I was lucky enough to find a bar stool to attempt to sit and even that was a work in progress. I ended up by the end of the event having sore legs, a huge blister on my left heel and my little toe on my right foot I still don't have any feeling in. Well it's back to the lab for this thing once again. Going over the suit there were areas that had been hot glued originally that didn't stay together, pieces that were also glued fell off or popped off during walking attempts. So far I've put in 50+ hours just in repairs of how this thing should have been put together in the first place. I had to go buy a very high strength 2 part epoxy , rivet gun and 1/8×1/8 & 1/8×1/4 sized rivets, red, silver & gold testors model paint (closest match) for the areas that the paint literally just peeled right off. The harness that was included with the suit I tore all apart and designed my own support system for the legs and arms. The legs seem to be the most affected pieces of the suit. The velcro they used sux. I ripped all of that off, trimmed some of the pieces and riveted everything together. The knee joint areas gave me the most trouble because I had to move stuff around. So far I've only finished the right leg and one thing for sure is it's ALOT stronger now than before. On to the feet...glad I had a decent pair of sneakers that I could use for these. I ripped out the pathetic pair that killed my feet in the first place and put my own in. Tighter fit but way better. Some adjustments are necessary like adding some pieces of foam/plastic to cover up the gaps and probably using maybe shoo-goo or epoxy to hold the bottom of the suit shoe to your own. I was missing a missile on my right forearm when I got my suit so I ended up using an old dried up pointy tip marker to replace it with. Worked out pretty good...painted it silver, added some black and gold trim and used a fine point sharpie marker to write stark industries with the logo on it. Yep looks good! The helmet I added some additional foam to make it more snug so no problem there. The zippers on the sides of the suit popped right off..hot glue again..go figure. So I riveted those in also. The silver pieces around the armpit area I riveted also but looks like I'm going to be cutting them in half just to get them to sit right on both sides of the suit, not much of a big deal but they tend to get in the way for now and bow out with the current setup. I'll be making another video hopefully Sunday with everything that I've just mentioned. I do hope nobody else has run into this much trouble. Thank god I possess the knowledge and skills to fix this stuff because what project this has become out of the box. I spent $4300 for this trouble? Well to say the least, with the work I'm doing to it it's going to be worth every penny I spent on it! I'll post pics soon too. Any questions guys feel free to send me a message, I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP with an answer to your questions.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your next video! Im wondering if they would sell it as a kit allowing the buyer to make the mods as they please, seeing that they cut a few corners. I see the pictures that Orignl posted on page 7 of his suit has a few differences than the actual suit that FBA is selling on their site. I can't wait to see it on you and you walking around in it!

Mike did you get my message? First time I replied on my phone it got rejected, wrote back to you when I got home. Just didn't want to leave you hanging with unanswered questions.

No, sorry I didn't get you message. It doesn't show I have anything new in my inbox. I kind of figured your last post you were trying to cover everyones answers.

Hi guys,
Got another update from James:
Thank you for your patience. We are now doing general test for your Mark 43 suit. It will take around 2-3 working days. And once we finish it we will notify DHL to pick up your suit ASAP and send you the tracking number then.

Also these photos:
image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look good with lights, but it would look even better if I had it in my living room by the end of November like he promised! Should have known by now really. I don't get why it takes 2-3 days to do a suit test though!?

It does look good with lights, but it would look even better if I had it in my living room by the end of November like he promised! Should have known by now really. I don't get why it takes 2-3 days to do a suit test though!?

I don't know, just to stretch and win time for him i think.. I'm also still waiting for my suit. The last update was 2 weeks ago, so i sent him an email.. I think yours and mine suit are in the same production state now. I wonder where he comes up with..

OK guys I completed the new video. It's about 27 minutes long. Please keep in mind that my review is on my suit and the issues I'm going through with it. I'm sure everyone will have possibly a similar issue and I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying or getting a refund, that decision is yours to make. I'm just trying to show everyone what to possibly expect when they get their suit. I do hope that nobody has any issues with their suit but from what I've already been through with just stuff missing and falling off right out of the box...well need I say more. I'll post the link as soon as it uploads to YouTube.

Hi guys,

I ordered a Mark 43 suit back in September. I have been promised numerous dates on delivery (October the 20th, 25th, 27th, 30th, November the 5th, 20th etc).

James has always emailed me back and I have also been sent the same 'stock' photos as you guys have all had.

I have had $200 in compensation due to late delivery dates and loss of earnings as I am waiting on the suit to start a business.

I have however just cancelled my order with FBA/James. After seeing all of these posts and Superdave's Youtube video ... SHOCKING!! I do not plan on working on a suit that I have paid $3201 for!

I have found another company to make my suit, which will set me back in time, but it is cheaper, lighter to wear and looks just as good!

James has replied to my refund request;

"Dear Andrew,

So you finally make a decision to cancel your order which the shipping date is so closely?

If you really do want to cancel your order and we will arrange to refund you the money in 48 hours. And please note that we have already refunded 200 USD to you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns that you might have. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jarvis (James)"

my response;

"Dear James,

yes I have made that decision to cancel my order.

The shipping date has been 'close' since October James, I have been given numerous promiosed dates .... and you and your team have unfortunatly not delivered. I have a business to run.

Also the forum comments and Youtube video posted online of someone who has previously recived a Mark 43 suit from you has not inspired me at all.

So I 100% want a full refund.

Please remember the 200 USD that was refunded to me was compensation for loss of earnings when I had to cancel bookings which would have made me money, because you and your team could not deliver the suit on time as promised! So that does not count! So you still owe me a total of $3201.

I would like the refund to be made asap please James.

I have sent you a money request through PayPal so you could do this refund now. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Kind regards.

Andrew Penhale."

I shall update you on my refund progress.

Hi guys,

I ordered a Mark 43 suit back in September. I have been promised numerous dates on delivery (October the 20th, 25th, 27th, 30th, November the 5th, 20th etc).

James has always emailed me back and I have also been sent the same 'stock' photos as you guys have all had.

I have had $200 in compensation due to late delivery dates and loss of earnings as I am waiting on the suit to start a business.

I have however just cancelled my order with FBA/James. After seeing all of these posts and Superdave's Youtube video ... SHOCKING!! I do not plan on working on a suit that I have paid $3201 for!

I have found another company to make my suit, which will set me back in time, but it is cheaper, lighter to wear and looks just as good!

James has replied to my refund request;

"Dear Andrew,

So you finally make a decision to cancel your order which the shipping date is so closely?

If you really do want to cancel your order and we will arrange to refund you the money in 48 hours. And please note that we have already refunded 200 USD to you.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns that you might have. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jarvis (James)"

my response;

"Dear James,

yes I have made that decision to cancel my order.

The shipping date has been 'close' since October James, I have been given numerous promiosed dates .... and you and your team have unfortunatly not delivered. I have a business to run.

Also the forum comments and Youtube video posted online of someone who has previously recived a Mark 43 suit from you has not inspired me at all.

So I 100% want a full refund.

Please remember the 200 USD that was refunded to me was compensation for loss of earnings when I had to cancel bookings which would have made me money, because you and your team could not deliver the suit on time as promised! So that does not count! So you still owe me a total of $3201.

I would like the refund to be made asap please James.

I have sent you a money request through PayPal so you could do this refund now. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Kind regards.

Andrew Penhale."

I shall update you on my refund progress.

Wow sounds like he is stalling! And avoiding it! Who did you turn to to make the suit instead? I'm interested!

I'm interested!
Me too!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll post the link as soon as it uploads to YouTube.

Is the upload complete?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,
Got another update from James:
Thank you for your patience. We are now doing general test for your Mark 43 suit. It will take around 2-3 working days. And once we finish it we will notify DHL to pick up your suit ASAP and send you the tracking number then.

I had a reply from James today:
James said that he needs 3 more weeks to deliver my suit :((

Last edited by a moderator:
3 more weeks! That's harsh man, what date did you order again?
Their website says they can now produce in 20 days, even quicker if you pay the extra, so I don't understand how they can say your suit will be another 3 weeks, that's 21 days! How does that add up?

Last edited:
Sorry for the video delay guys...YouTube is giving me issues. Had to do account verification crap since it was over 15 minutes long. Tried this morning but I was running out of data on my phone since I can't get WiFi at work..go figure. I'll definitely be getting it going tonight when I get home that much is certain! Please remember guys that my review is on my suit. As they say..individual results may vary. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying or getting a refund - THAT DECISION IS FOR YOU TO MAKE. I'm just sharing what I've done.

Sorry for the video delay guys...YouTube is giving me issues. Had to do account verification crap since it was over 15 minutes long. Tried this morning but I was running out of data on my phone since I can't get WiFi at work..go figure. I'll definitely be getting it going tonight when I get home that much is certain! Please remember guys that my review is on my suit. As they say..individual results may vary. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying or getting a refund - THAT DECISION IS FOR YOU TO MAKE. I'm just sharing what I've done.

You're getting me worried Dave

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back