Star Trek (2009) USS Enterprise Revell kit build - FINISHED! Page 3

HughB
Awesome work.
Gearing up for my own build of this ship after the first of the year.
Your work is an inspiration!

Fantastic job on this kit! The lighting and paint combination in your photos seals the deal here. Looks studio quality.

Hi,

I found this Thread and its a fantastic work!.
I build at the Moment a JJprise too and i got a Set from Orbital Drydock.
But there is a big Question for me,..how i can realize the different Layers with this Set?.

Can someone give me a hint ? :)

Und sorry fpr my rusty english.

Greetings from Berlin/Germany
Roland

how i can realize the different Layers with this Set?.

Hey Roland,

The set from Orbital Drydock has some rectangular panels with random shapes in them that aren't designed to go in any particular place. I used 2 or 3 of these and just moved them around to build up the texture. I still have the rest of them left, I'm saving them for future texturing projects.

I tried to keep the orientation in line with the ship, but overlapping is fine, and then I built up I think about 4 layers of paint, starting with the sea grey and adding white with each successive layer until it was nearly pure white. Each layer is very thin so you can see the layers underneath. For the parts where I wanted the pattern on the masks to be quite prominent (the lightning bolts on the pylons, the candy stripes on the nacelles), I made the kit mask for the area the last layer.

For the saucer, the rectangular texturing masks aren't really the right shape, so I just made some wedges out of thin styrene and cut some random shapes out, and moved these around as I was texturing. I did the aztec colours first, and did a first pass of texturing with aztec masks in place, and then removed the mask and did some more texturing.

Hope this helps!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back