Titanfall Militia Pilot full costume

Alright guys, more updates!

Today did the outside resin coat on my helmet!!!!!!! Exciting stuff, things are moving forwards!!

WP_20140815_001.jpgWP_20140815_002.jpg

Next I need to coat the inside and then do a rondo slush or two on the inside as well.

Hope you guys are enjoying so far, I greatly appreciate all tips, tricks and ideas you guys have :)

Thanks so much, that comment has made my day!!! I would love to sell casts when it's finished (assuming I'm allowed to). When the costumes finished I'll find out and post about it.

Right, this update's gonna be pretty big so hold onto your hats.

This update's going to be purely focused on clothing.

Flight suit:

The flight suit I finally settled on is an MK14A British RAF Flight suit, if you want one just google: MK14A
It's obviously going to be covered in vests and tubes and scarfs and what not so it will look very different.

front.jpgleft.jpgback.jpgright.jpg

Tactical vest:

Ok so my plan for the vest is to take this tactical vest I bought and make a custom front piece to hold the canisters out of EVA foam (If you have any other/better ways of doing this then please speak up!). I'll then use the original back from the vest for the titanfall costume but I'm going to use clips rather than glue to hold it together so I can put the vest back to the way it was if I ever need a tactical vest in the future.

vest.jpgvest2.jpg

Gloves:

I decided top go with finger less gloves, I know their not 100% like the costume but It'll make my life a lot easier if I need to do anything detailed. Like for using my phone and stuff like that. Saves me taking the glove and gauntlet off.

gloves.jpgglove back.jpgglove palm.jpg

I have more items on the way like a leg holster and some other things, I'll post as soon as I get them :)

Alright guys, time for an update on the holster.

It's finally arrived and I've just painted it this morning. Here's a pic of it unpainted.

WP_20140820_002.jpg

I disassembled it and then sprayed it with some fabric spray paint.

WP_20140820_005.jpgWP_20140820_003.jpg

Pretty happy with the result :)

WP_20140820_010.jpg

I've ordered these boots as well.

416sDmEhxvL.jpg

I'm gonna customize the crap out of them so that they look like these:

boots.jpg

I'll be posting more pics of the vest soon, I'm just waiting for some more foam to arrive :/

OK guys this is just a little update about my helmet, I've resin coated the inside and outside and I have just added rondo to the inside. I'm going to do one or two more layers just to be safe an then I will start shaping the outside bondo.

WP_20140825_004.jpgWP_20140825_003.jpg

Another little thing, I decided to colour the gloves so that they look like the ones from the game (besides the finger less part).

WP_20140823_002.jpg2014-08-25 21_55_00-Autodesk Maya 2014 - Student Version_ M__Prop Work_Games_Titanfall_Malitia P.pngWP_20140823_004.jpg2014-08-25 21_54_35-Autodesk Maya 2014 - Student Version_ M__Prop Work_Games_Titanfall_Malitia P.png

The colouring isn't as vibrant as mine but it gets the idea across.
If anyone's interested I went the super cheap rout and just coloured the gloves in with some sharpies :)

Another little update.

Nothing huge has happened, still waiting for the boots to arrive but I have done a second rondo slush on the inside of the helmet. It doesn't look very different but I have some higher quality pics!

IMG_5397.JPGIMG_5398.JPGIMG_5395.JPGIMG_5396.JPG

Knox hey doin good can u make a update on your YouTube and show us like a video of it and progress cuz im lookin for how to make one like yours and also im gonna make a smart pistol mk5

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back