Jibo Personal Robot available in December!

and i guess its wireless and NSA can tap into them to track everyone in the house.... Cute as the turrets in PORTAL..

I am 100% people will remake that video and make it much funnier ;)

I don't know how useful It would be for me. outside of work I barely socialize with anyone. about the only thing I probably would want It for. Is to freak the house keepers out. main thing Is what can It do? besides event calender. text reader. no need for that personally. and If It got on my nerves I would just unplug It.

I thought the japanese already had household robots on the market like the Honda robot that's bipedal. This thing just looks like an expensive toy like the Wowee robots.

It's not mobile, so you'd need to bring it from room to room.

I think you could probably create your own using a personal assistant software like Zabaware's "HAL", and perhaps an EZ-Robot device.

It's too bad the Jibo will have proprietary base programming, otherwise the Roomba could be added into it and it would be able to follow you around on its own.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back