The Sarlacc as workbench with shopvac

chazdragon

I was talking with Snow Builder this weekend and he was telling me that he had made a work bench with a shop vac hole in the center of it to catch his sanding shards. Yes, this will save me so much clean up time.

Then I thought maybe I can have some fun with his idea and this is the concept i think i am going to work on.

I plan to use the basic shop vac set up with dust collection chamber made out of a bucket and some pvc. and run the hose to a hole i will cut in the bottom of my work bench.
F8Y02PFG9GQEY4L.MEDIUM.jpgimages.jpg

Then instead of the 4in PVC on the bottom of the table I will use my newly acquired You Mold It that I got from radio shack to form a funnel shape that will work for the vacuum and offer me a tapered surface that i can paint the inside of.
download.jpgsimple-funnel-hi.png

I then paint the inside of the cone to resemble The Sarlacc. When not in use i plan to cover the hole with a fitted wooden plug that will fit flush with the table top.

sarlacc-pit.jpg

Now I have a lot going on so it may be a minute before I can get to this project. So If any of you want to give it a shot before I get to it be my guest. Post some picks and let us know how it is going.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back