Pazuzu - Once the wings have brushed you, you're mine forever!

Chaank

Sr Member
I've wanted a Pazuzu for what seems like forever. I've seen a few around but cash always seems earmarked for something else. A couple of members have made them (I can't remember who) and there is one version on Evil bay but I hear it is a recast of a member here so that was out. I did contact the person who made it but didn't hear back. After this project I think I know why now but we'll get to that.

Anyway, I couldn't help myself. I really wanted a cold cast bronze one and maybe a stone one so I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't take a whole heap of WIP's but I'll post what I have. I got together a bunch of reference pictures and with a 5mm thick rolled piece of clay started to sculpt the wings.

DSCN5991.JPG

I thought I'd do the wings in one piece and the body in another and join them later.

1468742_628124313896225_574992115_n.jpg

While I was doing the wings I started the body. I made it from clay and epoxy putty. The green stuff is epoxy. I don't have many pic's of the development but here's test fitting the wings.

375686_656529434389046_1520055761_n.jpg

Here are the feet. You'll notice the weird mix of putty and clay. Yeah, that's kinda how I do stuff. hahaha.

DSCN6692.JPG

There is a lot of variations on the statue in the movies, with the real ones, large and small and in drawing. I mixed things up a bit and just tried to build one I thought was authentic looking and spooky but not too deliberately provocative. The big penis ones don't look as scary to me. Anyway, this is how it turned out.

1779314_659891080719548_669777774_n.jpg

The green paint is a light wash just to give the detail some definition to post on the net. It was sitting on my kitchen window for ages. I live in a building which is currently empty apart from us. It normally houses about 150 people during the university year and is quite old. It's spooky at the best of times but when it's empty, at night and this is what you see walking past the kitchen. LOL

1512308_657214637653859_1186277311_n.jpg

Next was the mould...

Last edited:
Again, I didn't take as many photos of the mould as I wish I had but I laid on some plasticine.

DSCN6833.JPG

I think this is about the second or third layer of silicon.

DSCN6834.JPG

I think I did four or so layers and then a couple with a thickening agent mixed in. This is the back, the lump you see is the tail. It contains the third section of the mould.

1979667_686193234755999_932719834_n.jpg

I did the jacket with mod-rock and a few layers of plaster.

DSCN6839.JPG

And the same on the other side.

So far I've turned out four. I've had to cast them with an armature inside to stop them warping in the legs.

10389718_727434560631866_5869536934870685263_n.jpg

DSCN6989.JPG

Last edited:
I've finally finished my first two Pazuzu statues. The cold cast bronze just doesn't seem to like settling down into the mould so I decided to paint the first two in some stone affect paint. It seemed to work pretty well. Obviously you lose a lot of detail but I like the finish.

P1040518 (2).JPG

When I decided to do the stone effect I thought it would be cool to have a broken one so this one is mounted on a wooden plaque. In hind sight I wish I'd broken the tips of the top wings as well. I think they would be the first bits to break on something like this.

I'm trying to up load the second one but it's not working at the moment. I've been having so much trouble with the board lately. I'll keep trying.

Cheers daredevil, Almost got the bronze ones finished. I'll whack some more pic's up when I do. Here's them resting up after the base coat.DSCN6999.JPG

Finished the bronze Pazuzus yesterday. The finish was a lot harder to achieve than I thought. I did it all with acrylic paint and dry brushing. I did end up buying a airbrush but it didn't arrive until an hour after I'd finished them. lol I really need to learn to be a little more patient. I think I'll have a wee play trying to paint something round the house and try to get the same effect but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

P1040569 (2).JPGDSCN7007.JPGDSCN7005 (2).JPG

Thanks for looking. :)

It's hard to do that face without it being comical looking.
I had an idea once for a display--but don't have the chops to pull it off.

To me, the ideal setting would be to see Michelangelo's David, but inside the decayed Parthenon inside the Acropolis--now an island at sea.

David must have his Goliath however, and on the opposite side of the Parthenon, we see a figure behind a dark veil.

The camera focuses in on the face of the David, as it begins to scream...

Hey publiusr, cheers for stopping by man.

Yeah. I used Italian artist Roberto Cuoghi's Pazuzu for the blue print for most of mine. Although his was a little larger. :lol

I'm pretty happy with this now so I can finally put this project to rest. I'm going to do a head like the one in the London Museum collection but a bit larger. Maybe four or five inches and busted up a bit. Looking forward to that. Now that I'm happy with the bronze finish I'll finally get around to painting my Omen knives. They've been on the back burner for ages...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back