Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

Hey Korn, my ISAC brick is attached to my bag via an elastic strap running through the backplate of the brick (may be present on yours depending on the file you had printed). I then run it through my bag strap until it sits firmly on the area I want it. Otherwise, an alternate way may be to have a MOLLE panel inverter to put on my bag, then run a strap through the brick to have it sit on the MOLLE itself.

Speaking of Shade tech, my watch arrived today! Will have to rework my ISAC brick as I'm not that happy with it (it was a one day build after all) - but seeing the lights make me all giddy!

View attachment 827123
You are so lucky Hahaha Cause I didnt 3d printed it I just build it with an EVA Foam but good to see you all back
Thankyou dude!! :D

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

KORN homie; something else that's been done on a lot of ISACs is to attack velcro backing to the unit, then affix a strip through the MOLLE strapping on the sling strap. An approach like that could work very well considering how light your ISAC should be since it's EVA.

How are you getting it to light up? I was at Home Depot the other day looking at taplights (more on why I was looking at taplights to come soon!) and had an idea hit me about having the inside hollowed out and a miniature taplight put inside. The little ones with LEDs are pretty damn bright, it's a low-tech approach, and all you really need to get it to function is some clear acryllic paint or orange cellophane. Just thought I'd toss the idea out there in case you were still working out how to get it done.

Looking forward to seeing posts of how it comes out. :)

I use a metal belt clip epoxied or bolted to the back cover: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUXL7W4?tag=tv-auto-20
It just slips through one of the MOLLE/PALS straps on my backpack.

This is good advice, Awesomeness. It's basically the same as what I did to my first ISAC.

The only consideration to make will come with exactly WHERE the ISAC is mounted. Some angles and such make the clip a little dificult to stay secure, at least if you end up running around or moving positions quickly. If you'll be mores stationary in your posing for photos and such, then it won't be a problem.

This is good advice, Awesomeness. It's basically the same as what I did to my first ISAC.

The only consideration to make will come with exactly WHERE the ISAC is mounted. Some angles and such make the clip a little dificult to stay secure, at least if you end up running around or moving positions quickly. If you'll be mores stationary in your posing for photos and such, then it won't be a problem.

It depends on your backpack, I suppose, but mine is very solid. It doesn't move, even if you run, move, or pose. It didn't even move carrying kids on my shoulders.

AGENT 3.0 Mini-Update (#2): Alternate Costumes

Every loadout changes over time. In preparing for this, I decided to sketch up some alternates for the new agent cosplay! I introduce to you versions 3.1 and 3.2! :D

Agent 3.x (line up).jpg

The only real difference is the shirt, and whether or not the armband ID holder is used, but each look (to me at least) has a bit of a different feel to it. The build is currently for a Demolitionist specialization, but I may consider down the line to use the 3.1 and 3.2 as alternates for use with the other two specializations.

I've been making some great headway on the prototype for the Hive, so I'll be posting some pics of that build process soon. :)

Hello everyone!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to see this thread is still alive, I also sent a request on facebook for the group. I am obsessed with division, still playing today to collect the shields. Anyway, I live in Korea and it is going to be my first comic con in 2 weeks, still don't have my weapons, arm band and gloves but I will find them soon. This is my current gear set, can't wait to share more with you. Also thank you million times whoever posted the 3d print links, you are life savers!

20180705_203745.jpg

Agent 3.x: (update 3) THE HIVE!!!

This one has been a long time in the coming! I had intended to have this little prop finished well before now, but some approaches weren’t working out as hypothesized and, well, life happens and things slowed down a bit. Anyway, let’s get into the build!

WARNING: This is gonna be a long one, so brace yourself!

The night of the Ubisoft Conference, I was able to start going over the footage of the reveal trailer and seeing the developers do a live-play of the demo, I paid close attention to those that had the Hive equipped. Plus, having some hands-on time the following night in the Ubisoft Lounge with the demo, I was able to get a somewhat better look at the item. Thus, the design process started, in which while sketching I was thinking of what objects and items I had around my place that I could use or that could be easily bought.
HIVE design.jpeg

The basic body of the build was a simple plastic Glad container. It was literally the first item that came into my mind that had something similar in shape. The next part that I had to figure out was the top section and thinking about what would have that dome shape without being spherical. It took a bit, but I thought of a tap-light, as it was the right shape AND would allow me to put in play a light-up feature :cool
IMG_2595.JPGIMG_2599.JPGIMG_2598.JPG

The parts that would attach the handle to the tap-light were a mix of a couple different PVC pipe fittings.
IMG_2597.JPGimage19.jpeg

Some of the details, like the base and the details that would later be added to the top (which was done by affixing the tap-light directly on the Glad container lid affixed with E6000 adhesive) were made of EVA foam, with some 2mm craft foam for the trip around the lid. For the “rivet” details, they were simple indentations made using the end of a pencil with the eraser taken out. To allow easy access to the batteries to change them out as needed, I simply cut a hole through the Glad lid after it was attached (in the end, I ended up cutting away almost the whole area so that I could use more E6000 along the inside seams to make the bond more solid between the lid and the bottom of the tap-light).
IMG_2596.JPGimage7.jpegimage8.jpegimage5.jpeg

The small nubs that went all around the body were a bit of interpretation, as there’s yet to be a completely clear view of them. To me, the sprung to mind the ends of NERF darts right away, so that’s what I ran with (there are 36 of the lil’ mofo’s on the body)! While perhaps not game-accurate due to the orange tips, I sort of liked the detail as it felt very fitting with the color scheme of the franchise; plus, they look badass under a blacklight.
image6.jpegimage13.jpeg

The tips were taped off with regular ol’ masking tape, then a nice layer of Plastidip was sprayed over the outside and inside of the body.
image15.jpeg

The two pieces were starting to come together quite nicely!
image4.jpeg

The most challenging part would have to have been the handle. NOTHING had the right shape. Friend and fellow Division cosplayer DB Dave and I were talking about it (he too has been working on a Hive, but with a totally different approach) and he had a great idea for a small handle that I was considering going with, but I really wanted to keep the triangular shape. I tried a few things, which led to a few failed purchases, and in the end decided to craft the handle out of EVA. This was also my first attempt at “sculpting” EVA and let me tell you…those of you who can do this and get smooth surfaces and small detailing, you’re all my friggin’ heroes!
image.jpegimage3.jpeg

The handle was given the same Plastidip treatment then affixed into the PVC pipe fitting with some E6000. More of the adhesive was used to fill in small gap that would show the light; this was my first time doing this and, when doing a second unit, I’ll probably opt to use something like a clear silicone as it may be easier to control and come out a bit smother of a surface without smearing along the top of the tap-light…but some sanding helped get rid of some of the mistake as well as give a little character to the unit. While the E6000 was curing I taped off the area and the portion done in craft foam and went over the tap-light dome with some simple gray primer; this was purposeful, as it would break up the colors and add a different texture to the overall piece.
image1.jpeg

Once everything was dried, things got a light weathering/dry-brushing to bring out some of the surface details and break the pieces up, and I went over the “ring” at the base of the handle with some transparent orange acrylic paint. Fairly pleased with the results, considering this is still the prototype and I’m working out the build as I go along.
image9.jpegimage11.jpeg

And here we have the final prototype!!!
image12.jpeg

But even better, we have here the first-ever photo of the prototype with the light-up feature active!
image16.jpegimage17.jpegimage18.jpeg

Big thank you to all in the Division and cosplay communities that I’ve been interacting with for all the support and encouragement. With this piece now done, I’m ready to move on to the next little project for the Agent 3.x cosplay as well as start working on the second build of a Hive (this prototype I intend to send to the awesome developers and community managers at Massive Entertainment).

Hope you all enjoyed the build breakdown! Can’t wait to see what other Agents come up with, and I just know once we get a good look at the in-game model we’ll have some accurate and amazing 3D files to start playing with. Next update soon as I can manage! :D

Very nice quesion. Still I don't have any idea for lighting it up###I am bad at crafting haha , so I am just going to build a light off model thankyou for these idea!!!
KORN homie; something else that's been done on a lot of ISACs is to attack velcro backing to the unit, then affix a strip through the MOLLE strapping on the sling strap. An approach like that could work very well considering how light your ISAC should be since it's EVA.

How are you getting it to light up? I was at Home Depot the other day looking at taplights (more on why I was looking at taplights to come soon!) and had an idea hit me about having the inside hollowed out and a miniature taplight put inside. The little ones with LEDs are pretty damn bright, it's a low-tech approach, and all you really need to get it to function is some clear acryllic paint or orange cellophane. Just thought I'd toss the idea out there in case you were still working out how to get it done.

Looking forward to seeing posts of how it comes out. :)

Absolutely, buddy! Just gotta get your accessories on it and you'll be good to go! Also, see if you can figure a way to mount your ISAC where you have the patch in the photo (maybe switch the patch to where you have the flag?).

Seems like your build is starting to come together, Korn! Can't wait to see more pics as it comes along. :)

Seems like your build is starting to come together, Korn! Can't wait to see more pics as it comes along. :)
Yes thankyou you are the best cosplayer !!!!

I bought 3m kn95 Respirator mask I hope it fit in this cosplay
For the SHD patch to switch place with the US flag , I can't do that because when I put on the the bag , the US flag will face the ground , so that I have to put the SHD patch on the top

What about yours keelan???

Would like to see the v.3 cosplay finish!!!

My bag just finished that is the bag without ISAC , the ISAC almost done dang it!!!!!

Anything Idea to add more stuff on molle???

The bag is EDC so it come with
Outside***
1FDNY hat
2flashlight
3rope
43m km95 respirator mask
5hand sanitizer

Inside***
1charger
2First aid kit
3other tools

a068e0196a851e94f0b6b12c029dc3aa.jpg
a744db3b201a1e5b4b9f466896cd7a84.jpg

500943337e47d73a08effef70f12809b.jpg

Last edited:
What about yours keelan???

Would like to see the v.3 cosplay finish!!!

VERY soon, buddy!

Just got the last two patches I was waiting on in the mail today, so going to arrange some time with one of my best friends to come over with her camera and snap some shots. I'll be posting a triple (side-by-side) image of the 3.x cosplay soon over on my Twitter account once that happens, then of course some of the more detailed photos will be posted in this thread shortly after. :)

ATTENTION DIVISION COSPLAYERS!!!

Those of you who read this in time, get your cosplaying butts' on Twitter and shoot me a DM!

A handful of us OG Division cosplayers have a little secret project in the works and are looking to get as many persons in the game's cosplay community to participate as possible.

You can find me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/Keelan562

Just shoot me a DM asking about "Fireteam 3" and I'll fill you in on the details once we have enough persons. :D

AGENT 3.0 UPDATE #4: PHOTO SHOOT!!!

Here they are, fellow agents. The best photos from this morning's photo shoot (taken with my brand new Canon T6, a birthday gift from my bestest of bestest friends).

Let's start with Agent 3.1:

IMG_0042.JPGIMG_0046b.jpgIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0053b.jpg

Agent 3.2:

IMG_0028.JPGIMG_0030.JPGIMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPG

Agent 3.3:

IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0014b.jpgIMG_0015.JPGIMG_0018.JPGIMG_0022.JPG

A very special thank you to Blinky Bunny, not only for being an amazing best friend, but also for getting me the badass new DSLR that we get to play with and for taking the photos for me. :3

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0039b.jpg
    IMG_0039b.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
AGENT 3.0 Update #5: A Few Extra...

IMG_0059.JPGIMG_0062.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0065.JPGIMG_0071.JPGIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0084b.jpgIMG_0088.JPGIMG_0100.JPG

Those with a keen eye may have noticed throughout the pics that I swapped out the Glock 17 for a Colt 1911. Little detail, but it does help separate the 3.x costumes from the other two before it.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back