Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

Okay, here it is, THE MOST accurate ISAC brick out there by far. I took lots of in-game screenshots and someone actually ripped some in-game models so I could get the proportions right. This is a test print and there are still some adjustments to be made but please give me any criticism to make it better!

20170925_210334.jpg20170925_210345.jpg20170925_210356.jpg20170925_210412.jpg

Obviously, antenna is not shown here, and there are some buttons and screws not shown, but I'm excited to get this finished!

Watch your backs in the Dark Zone.

~Matt Shields

So, I've been thinking about starting a cosplay for a long time now. And after some thought I've decided to go for a Division Agent so having this thread is super helpful! I'll hopefully post some progress pics as I get the kit together and how I like it, for the time being though thanks for all the inspiration!

Too me a few days, but I read the entire post (maybe skimmed some of them, but I put eyes on it at least :p). Found it while looking for links to props for my, my wife's, and my brother-in-laws costume. So thanks for all the great links and ideas.

Just one question, MythMaker, have you finished your watch files from last year. It looked awesome, and i'd like to get it or tinker with it if you're done with it.

Thanks again all

Enzayer

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I thought I ought to do an update since I'm yet to do one and I've made a fair bit of progress so far. So here we go. I'd bought a backpack that was -way- too small and sent that back and managed to get a Maxpedition Gear Sitka cheap on Ebay which is the backpack in the pictures. Acutally, I'll do a kit list on what's pictured there beneath the pictures. At the moment though I've hit a bit of a dead end when it comes to funds, so costume building has come to a bit of a standstill. I'd also like folk's opinion on the backpack, at the moment the pouches I've managed to scavenge are all black and very similar to the pack itself, what do people think about this? Should I use black pouches or something that breaks the colour up a bit more? I'm looking at getting some Orange Lightsticks to loop through the MOLLE and I'm thinking either white or yellow climbing rope to attach to the Right-hand side of the bag to add a bit more colour to it and break up the blocks of black.

Edit: Apologies for the potato quality phone camera and lighting, gotta work with what I got I'm afraid.
DSC_0004.JPGDSC_0005.JPG

Kit list, starting from bottom left:
Viper Recon Gloves, Black
Maxpedition Gear Sitka (with a Viper V-Pouch Black attached)
Mil-Tec Protect Knee Pads Black
Pentagon Mamba Pistol Holster Black
The Division Sleeper Agent Edition Watch
Mil-Tec Belt LC2 Olive
Plain Grey Hoodie from Primark

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You're off to a solid start OzOwen! :D

As for the pouches situation, it's all a matter of personal preference. I went ahead and broke up the colors some that way pieces could be easily distinguished and to enhance the concept that items were going to be procured as an agent comes across them, so being super color-coordinated wouldn't really have fit with what I was thinking the character would be going through.

But you do you, my friend! Like I said, solid start. Don't worry too much about getting all the items like you would in the game (unless you're replicating something specific); That's the beauty of doing an original build, you get to make it how YOU want it.

Looking forward to the next update when you can get one in!

So my latest paycheck was a bit better than I was expecting which allowed me to pick up some pieces for the kit. And what with it being Halloween and me being a student there's ample costume parties that give me a good excuse to do a full-kit test (not that I need much excuse!) :p

22883650_539172126425966_1887536397_o.jpg22883977_539172076425971_824868795_o.jpg

What I did realise after putting the costume together is the similarities between my kit and the Agent in the 'Pursuit' Agent Origin Short, which I'm pretty happy with because after playing the game a fair bit recently and trying to work out the direction I want to go with the kit I'm looking at going a medic based loadout. I'll try post up a fresh kit layout after work today.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...actical+vest.TRS0&_nkw=tactical+vest&_sacat=0

I believe the last one I linked to was made by NCStar. They're super cheap, like $35. You can of course buy quality like Blackhawk, but the NCStar have the "look," without the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lancer-Tac...hash=item5695230557:m:mbfPy--FOvvdQ2c6_-2LP9g

The one link above is the one used in Arrow TV show and Ive seen it in real life at a military surplus store. And even though they are the same the one used in the TV show looks much better than the one I saw in the store even visually. Why is that?

Most likely the TV show version is NOT the super cheap ones. It's probably a nicer one made by mil-spec tactical gear company like 5.11 or Blackhawk Industries or someone like that.

I just printed out a 3D version of the agent watch. Is anyone here using a neopixel ring in their watch currently? I have a 12 led ring with a gemma board that fits perfectly in the watch I printed. I am wondering what everyone is using to power their watches? I have a 16 led ring in my beacon and use a polymer battery to power it. I have a small polymer batter that I can run for the watch and maybe hide it up my sleeve, but I wonder if there is a better way?

With the recent real gun scares, it doesn't surprise me at all. It's sad, and stupid, but not surprising.
Nerf guns even? That one is odd to me. I guess they don't want you to sticky-dart someone's eye out. :)

For anyone else who wants to cosplay as a Division operator, here's a link to the Google Sketchup file I made to 3D print your own brick!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-LKRFwzl6A7X21rQkp2bjJkalE/view?usp=sharing

Here's some pics of the final product before finishing and painting:

View attachment 482897 View attachment 482898 View attachment 482899
(The bottom says "Massive Entmt Rock So Hard")

This is PLA plastic, not ABS. See earlier in the thread for how to build the antenna assembly. I made mine with just the 1/4" dowel, a drill and a screw, electrical tape, and thin craft foam and superglue/E6000. Plus, you'll need a 1/8" jack and cord to plug in and attach to the antenna.

Enjoy!

Sadly there's a broken link! :(
Could someone repost it? Thanks in advance.

I just printed out a 3D version of the agent watch. Is anyone here using a neopixel ring in their watch currently? I have a 12 led ring with a gemma board that fits perfectly in the watch I printed. I am wondering what everyone is using to power their watches? I have a 16 led ring in my beacon and use a polymer battery to power it. I have a small polymer batter that I can run for the watch and maybe hide it up my sleeve, but I wonder if there is a better way?

Would you by chance have a link to the file you used? Some friends are going to go in together to get me the gift of a 3D printer, and this might be a good prop to practice with.

Would you by chance have a link to the file you used? Some friends are going to go in together to get me the gift of a 3D printer, and this might be a good prop to practice with.

I used this file, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2078876 came out very nice in one print. I printed all the parts. It fits a 12 pixel ring and the gemma board in the watch as well. I have yet to assemble it. It is a pretty good faximily, and I can print it far cheaper than order other semi close watches on line and gutting them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back