Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

hey guys, im looking for coat ideas, anyone got some good looking ones that they can recommend?

You could always look into something like a Navy Peacoat (doesn't have to be the Navy style one, either; any member of the Peacoat family should do just fine). Those are long toward the bottom without looking like you're headed in the direction of a trench-coat. I've also seen some versions of these that have a hoodie attached.

For shorter ones, something like the first one I was thinking of using is the Dickies Eisenhower. You can get it lined (which will make it a little puffy, but hold in body heat nicely in cold weather) or unlined.

For the military look, perhaps a M-65 jacket?

Something to take into consideration is the build-up of layers. As in, do you intend to wear a hoodie underneath? Or are you going to have a tactical belt go over the waist? Things like that. If you're going to have something like a drop-holster on a leg, then the latter detail isn't much of an issue, but if you want to have a hip-holster for a pistol, you're gonna want a coat that has a short tail portion on the bottom (like the Eisenhower or a well fitted, or possibly hemmed, M-65).

hey guys, im looking for coat ideas, anyone got some good looking ones that they can recommend?

I would look for something you could go camping in, or go skiing in. The agents have to keep warm, but also be able to travel light and go on all kinds of missions. I googled "camping jacket" and instantly found some cool looking jackets that were the right color.

Here's what I would keep in mind:
1) Nothing neon colored. The world of The Division is dark, and the agents will sometimes have to be stealthy. Day-glo colors won't help with that.
2) It should be durable, able to take a beating, or it should look torn-up and weathered (and it should probably look a little weathered anyway).
3) Nothing that looks too expensive. Something I've noticed is that only the tech the agents use looks expensive. Everything else seems pretty basic. In fact, a local thrift store might be a great place to find an old jacket with some wear in it!
4) Something that is versatile. Think pockets. Go-bags are great, but sometimes you need something quick and you don't want to have to take off your bag, open it, find the item, then reverse the process. You just want to dip into a pocket, grab it and go. Something that you can wear in wet or dry weather. Those are all concerns the agent would have. For your cosplay, another concern might be how hot the jacket will be wearing it indoors for a few hours!

Thats all I've got for now. When society falls, we rise!

Hey guys, thanks for all the ideas for coats.
In terms of small parts for the cosplay, one thing i haven't seen yet is the contaminated container received after looting the Dark Zone.
I'm working on a simple version of it just made of some PVC, painted yellow then stenciling on the bio-hazard symbol. its cheap and can be easily secured to the bottom of the bag.(also works as a secure pack for your con-collectibles.)
thoughts?

hey every body first well done with your work !
second i'm a first instant fan of the division and her's my cosplay

IMGP5742.JPGIMGP5743.JPGIMGP5744.JPGIMGP5741.JPG

i will add a dark zone loot bag made of an old yellow rain coat

see you ;)

Hey guys, thanks for all the ideas for coats.
In terms of small parts for the cosplay, one thing i haven't seen yet is the contaminated container received after looting the Dark Zone.
I'm working on a simple version of it just made of some PVC, painted yellow then stenciling on the bio-hazard symbol. its cheap and can be easily secured to the bottom of the bag.(also works as a secure pack for your con-collectibles.)
thoughts?

AWESOME! Yeah, until this year's footage at E3 no one knew about the loot bag; immediately after seeing it, I started sketching up designs and talked with a few of the guys working on the game while in the Uplay Lounge about my plans.

The painting is going to be a pain in the ass; needs to be flexible, but also stay adhered to the material. The plans I have work with polyester as a fabric (already know it's gonna be a pain for me, but should look good if all goes according to plan). I'd say keep that in mind with painting your PVC material. As for the bio-hazard logo, I'm doing the exact same thing with using a stencil!

i will add a dark zone loot bag made of an old yellow rain coat

see you ;)

Thanks, and welcome Blast!

Looking forward to seeing how your loot bag comes out as well!

FYI: Also, just so everyone knows, I've already started working on the med-kit the agents use in the game! Got a prototype going, just need to add one little detail to it then I'll upload pics.

UPDATE:

So, taking a different approach for the loot bag than originally planned. A good friend and co-producer/co-writer for the webseries, Jorge Cervantes (whose little brother is the one who started us all down the SHD path!) took a template/design I worked up and handed it over to his mother, who has some free time on her hands and has been looking for something to do with her sewing machine for some time now. Good news, they made a test prototype! Dimensions need to be tweaked a little bit, and unfortunately there's no way right now to have it compact for storage, but we should have a working prototype within the next few weeks to share!

Also, I've gotten started on plans for creating the Sticky-Bomb gun, so keep posted for that. All goes well and the timing is right, I'll be able to share the loot bag, med-pen and Sticky-Bomb gun all at once (gonna be pick heavy; you've been warned).

hey all ;)

here's my loot bag ( the pistol magazine is for scale) i just need to fix it to my backpack with the fixed slings and add some velcro on the top to close it and voila ^^

IMG_0144.JPG

@Keelan i'm so impatient about your work right now!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
FRIGGIN' SWEET, Blast! LOVE IT! :D

Get some black straps and have the ends black and it'll be more game-accurate.

Prototypes are finished, just going to be in need of having the bio logo and text added to the bag. Will post pics of those soon enough.

In the meantime, here's a little something I did earlier today that should whet everyone's appetite:

IMG_0879.JPGIMG_0878.JPGIMG_0880.JPG

Grabbed an old container I had in public storage (relocated the contents to a different one), and voila! Instant SHD "loot crate" ;)

Going to replace the sticker with a vinyl one later on, but this is pretty much it. Going to keep all my cosplay gear and the customized props inside of it for [appropriate] safe keeping.

Should have pics of the finished MedPen and proto of the loot bag uploaded sometime in the next week. Might also put up some progress for the Sticky-Bomb gun while I'm at it.

Lookin' good! I'd do a second version of the loot bag and shorten it so that it's length matches the width of the backpack. But other than that, stellar job my friend! :D

UPDATE #21 [technically]: MED-PEN!

So these next couple of weeks are gonna be a trickle of updates with photos.

First we have the prototype for the MedPen!

IMG_0854.JPG
The base for it is a trainer EpiPen. As shown above, it's really just a matter of taking off the label for the trainer and replacing it with a new one. Very simple; not even sure if "modification" is even an applicable term.

IMG_0857.JPGIMG_0860.JPGIMG_0861.JPG
Next came the painting. The in-game model has metal caps on both ends (I didn't like the look of it, to be honest; a little too close to the Ooze canister from the '90s TMNT movies for my taste; plus, since an EpiPen is a legit medical device, I felt it made sense to continue using it as the base since the in-game item is inspired by it).

IMG_0868.JPGIMG_0869.JPG
Both sides with the "test" label printed out and taped on! ALMOST THERE!
(also, there are some jokes/easter eggs in the label if you look for them ;) )

IMG_0872.JPG
Per the request of the friend who's working on the webseries with me (Co-writer/co-producer Jorge Cervantes), we changed out the yellow label for a green one. Very simple fix in Photoshop.

IMG_0914.JPGIMG_0913.JPGIMG_0915.JPGIMG_0916.JPG
Last little touch was to add a clip attached with a triangle jump ring to the "blue cap" that allows the device to be used. The result is that you can simply grab it and pull, priming it in the process for immediate use.

Just got to remember to add a clear coat for the next few, and it's good to go!

Hope you all enjoyed!

Attachments

• IMG_0854.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
and i just finished my division cosplay ( for this time mouahahahahahahah)

here's some pics

VERY cool. I especially like how you have the shotgun placed on the backpack how they showed the secondary weapon being stowed in the E3 trailers!

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE #21 [technically]: MED-PEN!

First we have the prototype for the MedPen!

Ooo! What label paper did you use to make the label? And I love step 3!

Ooo! What label paper did you use to make the label? And I love step 3!

I just printed this one out on standard paper, and went over it with a strip of clear tape in the end. My intentions with the next set is to print on actual sticker paper, then go over it when applying the clear coat to the prop. If that fudges up the sticker, then I'll go back to the approach used in the prototype.

UPDATE 22 : LOOT BAG

Here's some pics of the prototype loot bag!

IMG_0917.JPGIMG_0918.JPGIMG_0919.JPG
Keep in mind, it's just the prototype. We still need the biohazard sign and text over the black flap.

Once we have something closer to a finalized version, I'll post pictures of that.

Also, know that we plan to make 20 or 25 for backers when we do the crowdfunding for the webseries, so keep posted for when that starts up if you want one! :)

Last edited:
First little update from me, found a bag I liked that I could afford, Its a SOG Ninja Day Pack, in Tan and Molle Equipped all over it. It also has pre-added Velcro pads for patches such as the medic patch on it. (It should do the trick until I can get something a bit small, plus its big enough to keep my prep pack when im not using it for the cosplay. :D)
20150709_221821.jpg
In Terms of general clothing for the piece I have an ADIDAS sport over shirt that already has orange accents in it. Its durable and lightweight which is obviously a must for this.

20150709_221912.jpg
Also got a pair of Olive Cargo pants and some work boots to top it off.(No pic - just generic Wind River pants and work boots)

Up next is securing the weapons and accessories, followed by details on the pack. should have some this week, and the side arm next week.

Please, I urge you to leave your criticism(Good or Bad) on this, I want to make something I can be proud of and use it for events to come.
Thanks in advance
-DATGUYDAN

I like what you're doing so far, Dan. Especially that you have so much surface area on the backpack with MOLLE strapping; that's gonna come in REAL handy when attaching pouches and such!

And no worries on the clothing. Look at what Matt and I did with ours; we made original builds instead of trying to straight replicate what's seen in the game. That gives a lot of freedom, plus if you know the area you'll be dressing in, it makes sense that an Agent/Operative would take the same considerations in the field. So all these things you're doing to make sure that your clothes are durable and functional, while as comfortable as possible, is the perfect approach.

You're on the right track, my friend! Keep it up! I'm looking forward to how you do your weapons loadout! :D

UPDATE #23: STICKY BOMB

Here we have the first prototype of the Sticky Bomb gun. This, like the loot bag, is a work done between myself and my good friend Jorge Cervantes (he's starting to get things together for his original character build, so we'll start seeing some pics of his costume and gear fairly soon!).

For the base, we used a Nerf gun. It took a lot of looking to find one that had a close enough shape to the item in the game, and this particular model was the closest we found that we were happy with.
IMG_0921.JPG
This is a very simple gun, so taking it apart is super easy and there's very little to stress over in regards to the internal workings. After things are broken down, the appropriate amount of sanding in specific areas is done, then the primer coat is applied.
IMG_0920.JPGIMG_0922.JPG
Next, the area that is going to be kept gray (to match the appearance of the in-game model as much as possible) is taped off, and black is applied to the rest. (pictured is just the one portion of the shell; it hasn't been pieced back together yet)
IMG_0923.JPG

And what we have in the end, once everything is pieced back together is our version 1 prototype!
IMG_0924.JPG
We're going to be modifying the foam discs that it fires as well, to sort of look like the projectiles in the game. Also, we're going to be adding a spot on the back that will have the orange ring, as well as a rectacle-scope on the top, maybe even make a rounded barrel if we can do so without impeding the ability to fire out the discs.

@ Keelan where did you found the EpiPen ?

I work at a high school, and we had a handful of the training EpiPens at our district office. They had more than is needed, so I asked if I could snag a few.

You can easily find them on Amazon or eBay for about $5-8 USD a piece, so they aren't hard to acquire.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back