Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

Mini-Update: Smartwatch Glow Effect (2.0)

Was looking into ways to get the glow effect to be stronger, and the solution ended up being SUPER simple.

The exact same approach is taken; attach the 3 LEDs directly to the battery watch, affix it to the inside of the backplate, and secure it back onto the watch body. HOWEVER, instead of simply having the graphic printed out on a standard sheet of paper, I printed this one (twice, so that the blacks showed up better) on a sheet of vellum paper. The results are a better and brighter light-up!

View attachment 486320

While before the effect in a bright lit room or outside wasn't noticeable at all, it can now be seen (though faintly). But the effects in a dark-lit environment are totally noticeable now!

(...now, if I can just get off my ass and figure out a way to make it so that the light can be turned on/off with the watch buttons... Someday ;) )

Your ideas get even better and better!!! looking at your stuff I started to wonder if the size of the LEDs could be changed and the number increased from 3 to say 15 or more, so as to have a more uniform glow, and perhaps even some complications (that horologist slang! hehehe) to make the watch come alive, I stumbled upon this genius http://www.eng.yale.edu/pep5/pocket_watch.html and he made some pretty impressive work with LEDs and an old watch, if you combine that with you set-up, something really cool could come out. I'm gonna follow your footsteps and see where it leads me, when I'm done (notice the optimism!) I could post it here ;)

I'm gonna follow your footsteps and see where it leads me, when I'm done (notice the optimism!) I could post it here ;)

AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing how your's comes out! :D

And excellent article you mention! If I knew more about basic electronics (or was more confident in my ability to learn about such), I'd absolutely love to take some of what Howard Pounds did and apply it to a Division smartwatch.

Broke down and got one of the gearslinger bags and am going to pick up the 3D "brick" next week. I currently use a GShock GA110TS-1A4 as a normal watch so close enough for now. Looking at putting the other pieces together as we get closer to game release;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, they just released THIS image today for the game's pre-order page:

mockup_collector_206919.jpg

THAT WATCH!!!!

Makes me wonder why they would ever have wanted me to donate mine for their Wall of Fame at Massive Entertainment's offices! ^_^*

I'm expecting a lot of people to end up just recasting their official watch (or at least the body)...kinda wouldn't blame them. The thing looks beautiful!

Last edited:
Broke down and got one of the gearslinger bags and am going to pick up the 3D "brick" next week. I currently use a GShock GA110TS-1A4 as a normal watch so close enough for now. Looking at putting the other pieces together as we get closer to game release;)

Sweet! Let me know if you use my model! I'll be releasing another model that opens up like Keelan's soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
... I'll be releasing another model that opens up like Keelan's soon. :)

AWESOME, Matt!!!

Let me know how that comes along; if you want, print out a couple and send them to me and I'll do the work with the EL wire. Maybe keep one for yourself and we can send one to the guys at Massive as a joint-creation to add to the ones they already have from us. :D

AWESOME, Matt!!!

Let me know how that comes along; if you want, print out a couple and send them to me and I'll do the work with the EL wire. Maybe keep one for yourself and we can send one to the guys at Massive as a joint-creation to add to the ones they already have from us. :D

Will do! That would be pretty cool! I'll send three so you can keep one too (if you want).

POST E3 COSPLAY IDEAS: I really need some ammo/grenade pouches, some real rope (not just paracord) a DARK ZONE POUCH and a FLARE GUN. The cheapest I could find was a Walmart one http://www.walmart.com/ip/Orion-12-Gauge-Alerter-Basic-4/16326927. I found a pic of a weathered one that looks pretty good.
300px-FlareGun.png

Also, I might add something else to my pack after examining the new gadgets we saw on the packs during E3... More on this later.

Last edited:
Sweet! Let me know if you use my model! I'll be releasing another model that opens up like Keelan's soon. :)

Well then, I may just wait until you're finished....;)

I've noticed a few more details as well; the axe on the females pack is a UC 48. I have one and am considering a mold and some Flex Foam IT.
2676037-ebexpo_division_impressions_20141001.jpg

And the armband; the pre-order one looks a bit cartoonish compared to in game.
tzIFEc2.jpg

So I've been messing around with a pattern/template, if it works I'll make the pattern and list of materials available for folks that want a small DIY project, still have to source patches though.

Last edited:
Awesome, Gee2! Keep us all updated here on your progress. And I love the idea of casting the axe. I have a rubber crowbar that's a part of my costume, but I did't have it on me when at WonderCon (just in case; it is still pretty hard and can eff a fool up if I really wanted to).

Absolutely, Matt! Just gotta order some more EL wire and drivers.

Also, I like the flare gun! Great addition, especially with the weathered look. I'd suggest some sort of strap to actually keep it on your gear, that way you don't risk it accidently falling and breaking.

There's a surplus store near my area that I can go to and see if they have anything more durable. If they do, I'll give you a heads up.

As for the new items, I've already gotten things started for a loot bag! The nice thing (if you wanna call it that) is that in order to make it, I'll actually have to order a good number of the product to modify. So once I get started on that and have a clear idea of how to do the deco, I'll definitely be making one for you and Kevin from division-agents.com as well.

Got my fireteam's back! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back