Rita Vrataski Jacket Build (Edge of Tomorrow)--Might Need Help

double0mimo

Hello all! After reading "All You Need is Kill" and watching "Edge of Tomorrow", I do believe I've decided to try my hand at creating her Full Metal B**ch Jacket. Since I've only done a little here and there with foam (helmets, Dredd 3D vest and the like), I may need some help. I've never done a from-scratch build before so it is looking a little daunting. I'm wanting to shoot for as close as possible, but there definitely isn't a need to be 100% accurate as it's just for patrolling Cons in for fun. I'm compiling Hi-Res photos now and have been looking around for household items to use for the parts, so at least that's done. But...can anyone tell me where exactly to start past that or have any insight from a scratch build? Absolutely any help is greatly appreciated. You guys are great and I can't wait for this to come to fruition. Thanks!

~Michelle

I barely got through an ME2 N7 foam build so other than saying dremel, dremel snake and heat gun saved my hid, I'm not a great source of info BUT I'm a good cheerleader because there needs to be Full Metal Bitches everywhere!

Reset!

.... I'm compiling Hi-Res photos now and have been looking around for household items to use for the parts, so at least that's done. But...can anyone tell me where exactly to start past that or have any insight from a scratch build? Absolutely any help is greatly appreciated. You guys are great and I can't wait for this to come to fruition. Thanks!

~Michelle

If you want help, why don't you start by posting shots of your reference. You will want to begin by breaking the entire build into digestible chunks. Can't give you any advice until we know exactly what you're wanting to build. Then we can screw you up with all kinds of conflicting advice!

MatterMaker.

P.S. the easiest way to finish any prop project is a two step process.

Step One: Start (and this is the HARDEST part)
Step Two: Don't give up until it's finished.

Don't worry about how long it might take. If it seems a complex project, just work on it consistently, a bit at a time. It'll get finished if you can make a habit of it!

Heya! I'd suggest with first building a reference library. I can Zip mine and send it over- most of the way through a Jacket build and we're also building a Rita as well.

What I did- some people don't suggest starting with this- is start with the frame and mounting from the centre, and work your way out.
I used a metal backpack frame. Then, base chest construction, work everything off of that but always make sure it fits your rigging. Example-

10485524_10201794107888817_3935086536080620011_n.jpg

10441933_10201799400301124_7828245914082800022_n.jpg

10405677_10201818006206260_888857714284427168_n.jpg

Current status-

1512612_559976387440004_5945084855523737228_n.jpg

I can't really give you insight in how to hand pattern armour, ... basically, looking at the pictures from the references, drawing them out onto foam, and then cutting/pasting. :<

Thank you guys so much! I just finished my move so I was away for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get this start within the next two weeks. I'll keep you updated when I finally get it all up n running and keep a steady update stream as I go.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back