" Thanks, I know what it does." Coulson's Revenge scratchbuild, casting, etc. . .

Really awesome progress. Makes me want to get at it... Amazing how much the end differs when
CGIed. The blades on the side seem to be more combined (and power split) than they are in the real version. I assume you could airbrush some of that on if you chose.

Thanks! I think I'm going to stick with how the physical prop looks, and if I'm ambitious enough, I'll add one or two lit from below stress cracks. BUt I'm happiest that the yellow transparent parts are less shiny than I thought they'd be. I was dreading casting up tinted clear parts. Looks like I can get away with a simple matte transparent casting. Should look cool when lit!

A pic from a while back showing just how big she's getting! Right now, the site rail is off and getting everything added to it. Also, front is all sealed up in plastic, getting filled, primed and sanded. There's still about four more inches to go on the front!! Monster prop!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417632397.879496.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417632397.879496.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Just a heads up. . . I'm just about finished with the outer shells and once done, I'll be casting her up while I finish the barrel pieces (interior orange bits), so if your going to be interested in one, now's the time to start saving pennies.

Also, If anyone out there would like to create a sound and light kit for this, I'd be happy to provide measurements, etc. :) I really think this needs lights and sound, but unfortunately, my skill set is not to the point of custom electronics.

Stay tuned for pics of my lovely lady, and an interest thread shortly thereafter!!

Here's some updated pics! She's getting bigger and bigger!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking forward to casting the sites, and getting some new bits ready (you'll notice some things are missing right now). There's only a few more pieces to clean on the body, and the front barrel pieces are about to get cut a slapped in!!
More to come!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420427961.604656.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420427961.604656.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 70
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420427985.622394.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420427985.622394.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428009.858913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428009.858913.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428047.380451.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428047.380451.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 73
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428067.102201.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420428067.102201.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Yea, I gotta get new pics up. The whole front underside is done and the top section as well. There's only the 'cage' to do now, and the interior glow piece, which really, will only be done with two repeatable pieces.

So we are very, very close one having one done a ready by spring!!

I'm breaking a bit on it as I do Proton Packs for con season, and I'm gearing up for my own Ghostbusters stuff too.

But yea, these things will look great when cast and painted!

I have to ask but are you either selling yet, or consider selling the blueprints? I am utterly amateur but would love to try building a foam Destroyer gun but given my lack of... anything viable to fall on to make something like this from scratch, I figure a blueprint is the only way to start out with getting the shapes/pieces cut out and then assemble it.

If this sounds utterly wrong, please correct me. I would love to actually be more reliant on my own ability to make props rather than have to buy them. Atleast have a way to learn something at the cost of someone else making it so I can add something to my wheelhouse. How else can a hopeful prop maker aim to grow?

Anyway your gun looks amazing, how much further are you along now?

I don't have any plans for a blueprint set. Or plans. As mentioned in the thread earlier im just scaling up the Hottoys piece. I Had my doubts I was doing everything correctly until the other day when I blocked out the barrel. Now it looks perfect!! More to come!!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It is trully amazing, i really hope i can finish a foam version in time for comic con portugal, that is truly gigantic...
Do you have any updates on it?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back