thing costume, made from real rock.

Wow, there's "committment" and then theres.... well, building a Thing costume out of real rocks. :lol Maybe he should market the suit as a weight loss product, I can't begin to imagine how much work getting around in that thing is. At least it would be fun though. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rmschneider104 @ Mar 6 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1432825[/snapback]</div>
Wow. That was a creative approach to the costume. Cannot even imagine how heavy that would have been to walk around in.
[/b]
Unfortunatley I can guess...I'm a medeival re-enactor over here in the UK and wear a full harness of 14 guage steel armour With bellows visored helm, weilding a 10lb pole weapon.
A total of 4.5 stones in weight... a bit less than that costume..but a real weight none the less.. especially when partaking in a 2hr battle..

and if you were wondering where

I got all these nice rocks they are drainage ditch rocks that I

smash with a hammer, we found most of them near train

tracks and stole them good[/b]
Lol... :lol Next time a train derails in his area, we'll know who to blame.

There's commitment to authenticity, and then there's going overboard. You'd think he'd consider using lightweight simulated rocks instead of torturing himself.

But using real rock does give it that authentic rock feel.
At first, I too thought this was overboard, but by the time I read all of it, it didn't seem such a bad idea.

Wow.. He looks like he drank a keg full of TANG to get that orange. :unsure
Also- Maybe a keg full of beer will help get that Committed...lol
COOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa. I'd like to see the coathanger he hangs that on. :eek

Thanks goodness there were no rock bands playing - imagine him trying to crowd surf. :lol

Those fake pieces of coal for imitation fireplaces would make a good lightweight substitute for real rock, if more expensive. :)

Hmm, makes me think of the troll guy in Return to Oz...

C.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Mar 6 2007, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1432904[/snapback]</div>
There's commitment to authenticity, and then there's going overboard. You'd think he'd consider using lightweight simulated rocks instead of torturing himself.
[/b]

ditto, great job, and unless hes going to get felt up :p , no one will know if its real or not. Taking a mold of the form and casting it in a lightweight rubber or some form would still look real but be lightweight. My predator suit weighed 60 plus pounds, a couple hours of that, i was done for the next day or two.

It looks pretty good... but yeah, was he not aware that there are plenty of lighter options out there? They've been making foam rocks now for 50 years.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back