David's Prop Adventures - Prop #1 The Internet

davidnagel

Sr Member
Hello

I hope you all don't mind me having a single thread to cover my brief adventures in the prop building world. I'm usually a filmmaker and geek with an above average interest in this stuff, so bear with me!

Prop #1: The Internet as it appeared in "The IT Crowd" series 3 episode 4 'The Speech', my first ever completed prop is a flashing light on a box!

a695a88c-1dcc-48f8-a6b4-ec9d242eab14_zps413e29ab.gif

As it appears in the show. Those who are hawk-eyed will instantly see that my box isn't quite the same, you won't believe how hard it is to find this one - most newer ones have the screw corner indents nowadays.

IMG_2494_zps1a76bba0.jpg

The cheap dog led toy

3F2D2FCC-C613-4BBA-AA41-FA6B1ADF9E37-426-0000002DA9F5D069_zpsbc0ef04d.jpg

The internal LED and circuit with batteries.

IMG_2523_zps5bd4daf1.jpg

LED soldered off and ender wires added and taped to the new hole inside the box.

D67EB3AE-7193-4909-8BE5-60677D0DC643-426-0000002D8D333BF9_zps6a9ba88b.jpg

The finished box.

Ladies and Gentlemen... the Internet. Demagnetised by Stephen Hawking.

The eBay auction I bought the box had a metal plate to go under it, I hope to get it engraved with "The Internet. Property of The Elders of the Internet. If found please return to the top of Big Ben". I don't suppose anyone can recommend some metal engraving services? Hell, would anyone here care to give me a hand with this one?

More props coming soon.

Last edited:
you could try a Jewelery shop or a sport shop that sells trophies. they either have the engraving equipment in the shop or has a contact that does it for them. best places to try. hope it helps.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back