1/650 Ent D

Re: 1/650 E-D

REL- You know about the word "UGLY" worked into the hull paneling right? Bill George didn't like Probert's design, so he had some fun while detailing it.

-Sarge

I heard about that. I'm going to reproduce the aztec pattern seen on the Generations version, so I don't know if it's there or not LOL.

I'm working on the nacelle grill, the grill will be one piece cast clear. It's still a little rough but I'll clean it all up.

D_046.jpg

D_047.jpg

I think you can see it on a few of the pics, it's like abstract art though you have to look close to see it LOL.

My goal is to get the battle section complete this week.

D_049.jpg

D_050.jpg

D_051.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of this? I've heard about it before but I've never seen it.

Most of the panel detailing on the 6' model was done in pencil and paint. I had a chance to see the 6' model just as they were transitioning to the 4' miniature, and before the 6' went into storage. The letters 'G' and 'L' caught my eye and then I saw the rest quite clearly. (I didn't know about the story at the time - late 1989) It was located on the port fantail, right near the 'Enterprise' decal.

You can see the word 'UGLY' on the AMT kit instructions. Apparantly, they used some good line drawings from the actual miniature when they did their paint guide and perhaps unknowningly, replicated the joke.

The 4' has a different panel scheme since it is done in relief, and since the 6' was reworked for feature use, it was likely obliterated.

Gene

Most of the panel detailing on the 6' model was done in pencil and paint. I had a chance to see the 6' model just as they were transitioning to the 4' miniature, and before the 6' went into storage. The letters 'G' and 'L' caught my eye and then I saw the rest quite clearly. (I didn't know about the story at the time - late 1989) It was located on the port fantail, right near the 'Enterprise' decal.

You can see the word 'UGLY' on the AMT kit instructions. Apparantly, they used some good line drawings from the actual miniature when they did their paint guide and perhaps unknowningly, replicated the joke.

The 4' has a different panel scheme since it is done in relief, and since the 6' was reworked for feature use, it was likely obliterated.

Gene

Ah, cool, thanks for pointing the instruction sheet out, I spaced that last night. I've got one here, but no way to scan it. :unsure

-Sarge

Nice work Richard.
Are the nacelles solid or did you build them up using the profile sections and foam between system like you showed us before?
They look really smooth.
Have you started on the saucer?
I can't wait to see this one lit up!

Ron

Yes sir, same system, cross sections, foam, bondo then fiberglass. On the saucer I'm going to use masonite for the cross sections as I found out that's what the 5' Voyager studio model was made from, that's a hell of a lot cheaper than plexiglass. I'll start on the saucer this week, at least the bottom part so I can have the correct profile for the bottom part of the neck, since it follows the contour of the saucer.

Anything new to show?

YEAH...come on, it has been 4 days since the last update, Four days that include a national holiday...come on REL, ya slowpoke! :)

Just having fun with an impatient post in a thread of a person who is perhaps the fastest scratchbuilder in the model making community. :)

The monster saucer section is coming soon...looking forwad to seeing that. Keep up the great work as always.

I've searched, but apparently there isn't a smilie useful to describe how much I admire that masterpiece... :eek
Stunning work! Simply stunning...

Good god... :eek

You know even if this sits in storage for a decade before I can build it and do it justice - I will get this thing. That is AWESOME.

And at least REL had the courtesy to use a Coke can for scale this time :)

-Gary

Ok, I know this is premature, but who's already planning a Nebula conversion? :D

-Sarge

Geez..that's a monster...just awesome.
Would look so sweet next to my Ent. E....oh,crud, that means I need to finish my E!!!AHHHHHHHHHH
Time to get off my butt! :)

Thank you. I'm starting on the window indents on the bottom of the saucer, there's a lot of them.

D_063.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back