1/650 Ent D

Re: 1/650 E-D

D_035.jpg

D_036.jpg

Small update. I'm still working on the nacelles, I have the windows in the lower part of the nacelle, and got the docking port area etched out. I also routered out the area where the warp grills will go. Those will be one piece that's solid instead of like the Ertl kit. The nose of the nacelle will be a seperate one piece part cast in clear.

D_038.jpg

D_039.jpg

I used my plotter with a CAD file to cut thin styrene in multiple passes for the pylon trench detail. I'll use the same technique for other surface details on the hull like the lifeboat hatches, transporter emitters and other various details.

D_040.jpg

After seeing some of your great work I now think it is possible to love a man. :lol

Thanks for all the great stuff you do!

Paul

Last edited:

What will be the final length of the ship? The Ent D is my favorite starship of all time, and I would kill for a replica that large.

It looks beautiful! Keep it up, bro!

It'll be nearly 39" when it's built.

First casting of the nacelle is finished. I'll use the casting to make the grills and the nose cone.

D_044.jpg

D_045.jpg

Man... Just thinking about all the masking needed to do the aztec on this gives me the willies.

I'm soooooo looking for the interest thread when this is done.

-Gary

REL- You know about the word "UGLY" worked into the hull paneling right? Bill George didn't like Probert's design, so he had some fun while detailing it.

-Sarge

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back