1/650 Ent D

Re: 1/650 E-D

Well it looks amazing, I have to confess I was never really that much of a fan of the Ent-D but this looks great, cant wait to see more!!

Hey REL, could you detail a little bit on how you foam and then fill to get the nice even skins on your ships? I'm starting a build up and will be doing the same frame type of build with a filling foam, but haveno clue how to get the skin "aircraft smooth"

Thanks! Can't wait to see the saucer!!

Lots of sanding and primer, sanding and primer. After it's smooth and uniform, I put on a few layers of fiberglass, then sand that smooth, then primer it, then sand it again and again, and again and again LOL.

Yes, I'm starting on the lower part of the sec hull pylons.

D_024.jpg

D_025.jpg

That's looking awesome. I'm glad on this there wont be any need to dig trenches up to the nacelles in order to light them.

How will you be doing the pannelling on this one?

I'll bet the EE will have seemed like a walk thru the park after this is all said and done. :lol

OH MY...I find it hard to express myself without using curse words. :)
That is going to be so awesome - sitting side by side finished!!!!

Thanks.

I got it fiberglassed and primered. I'll make a mold from this plug to cast the top and bottom half of the nacelle in fiberglass, then detail those seperate castings.

D_031.jpg

I still have to decide if you are a genius or just insane...
:lol:

Great work, this will be a stunning model!;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back