1/650 Ent D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightdriver2001 @ Mar 9 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1435574[/snapback]</div>
There was no 8 Footer. They started with a 6 for the pilot and the best of both worlds.
Most of the show used the 4 footer. They also used the 6 footer for ST Generations as
well as a 12 foot saucer for the crash sequence.
[/b]

I stand corrected, however, didn't they re do the 6 with more pannelling?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(REL @ Mar 8 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1435428[/snapback]</div>
Hey you made it on here. [/b]

Finally I checked every day to register for---I don't know how long---and finally struck gold. :) A site tailor made for me, since all I like to do is the esoteric and big stuff.

REL's posts make me wish all the more that he'd finish his amazing Enterprise D and start on the Excelsior...and eventually realize how awesome it would be to construct the Reliant. :p :cry

E-D is my least fav of all the designs. So late 80's futuristic streamlined booger-in-a-wind-tunnel. It's like Duran Duran designed it with some help from Mr. Fusion.

I will look forward with great anticipation to your version of the Voyager, Reliant, Excelsior, or any of the Wolf359 ships. :)

Booger in a wind tunnel LOL. Well I like the battle section, I think it makes a nice ship just by itself.

I'll get back to work on it next week, I have a few things to finish first. Excelsior and Voyager are two I'm very much looking forward to.

Pleeeeeeze do the Defiant next, it would be awesome in this scale. :D

The tiny plastic kits don't do the unique shape justice - Bigger, Bigger, BIGGER.

Dalroi

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neb @ Mar 18 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1443035[/snapback]</div>
OK Rel.....got the saucer done yet? Not holding out on us are you? ;)
[/b]

LOLOLOL... I see your point... the man is FAST... When an update on an item doesn't show it's face from him within a few days,.. it's just weird. LOLOLOL

The bottom line is that I have been taking up most of his time, outside of his other commissions, kit work, and his new material creation,.. like the D. Richard litterally works from early mornings to early mornings... about 18 to 20 hours a day getting everything together, complete and delivered. I have observed some hard working folks in my day and he is among them. ;)

That said,.. I know everything will be done in due time. His talents, time, and professional commitment are well appreciated. ;)

I decided to finish some stuff up first before I get too involved with this one. Probably another 2 weeks and I should be able to get going on it again, I just wanted to do something on it first, sorry for the tease.

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZOMBIEREPELLENT @ Mar 9 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]1435578[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightdriver2001 @ Mar 9 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1435574[/snapback]
There was no 8 Footer. They started with a 6 for the pilot and the best of both worlds.
Most of the show used the 4 footer. They also used the 6 footer for ST Generations as
well as a 12 foot saucer for the crash sequence.
[/b]

I stand corrected, however, didn't they re do the 6 with more pannelling?
[/b][/quote]

No the 4 had "chunkier" paneling, but they didn't redo the 6 during the series run. The 4 wasn't built until a few seasons in, at which time the 6 was retired. Until Generations, that is, at which time the 6 was refurbished.

Re: 1/650 E-D

Update, worked on the shape a little today.

D_016.jpg

D_017.jpg

Thanks, I'll be working on this one throughout the summer and should have a kit ready by Sept. This will be the largest ship I've made, which will prepare me for the 1/350 Excelsior.

I covered the hull with 2 layers of fiberglass, then cleaned it up and primered it to look for flaws.I got the shape about where I want it, just a little more work around the deflector.

D_021.jpg

D_022.jpg

D_023.jpg

Rel,

Are you going with a separable primary and secondary hulls?

I'm suprised you say this will be done in September. With as fast as you work I expected it to be ready by say Thursday or Friday :)

Looking great so far.

-Gary

Hey REL, could you detail a little bit on how you foam and then fill to get the nice even skins on your ships? I'm starting a build up and will be doing the same frame type of build with a filling foam, but haveno clue how to get the skin "aircraft smooth"

Thanks! Can't wait to see the saucer!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back