Advanced Potion Making Book Replica

Wow! I'll order maybe HBP version in couple of days :) I have an idea - is it possible to order HBP version as Edition no. 2 and not-marked Edition no. 4? It's great idea, I think!

But you know, you specially can't use people paper papers for selling your stuff (I think), but you could make it. I think that this would be awesome option to choose edition of Advanced Potion-Making!

No, it's only available in the one version. The edition I've spend the last 3 years on is the one from the films. I won't be doing any other covers or variations since those are things that aren't shown in the film. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks absolutely amazing!
Thanks so much! :)

Is it possible for you to consider a HBP book with handwriting printed on the pages but still aged?

But fantastic work and I admire the fact you poured your soul into this project (little pun intended) ;)

No, it's only available in the one version. The edition I've spend the last 3 years on is the one from the films. I won't be doing any other covers or variations since those are things that aren't shown in the film. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much! :)
Especially edition no. 4 is shown in film multiple times because only Harry got edition no. 2. :p

Doing a printed copy with writing in it would probably take me another year to produce. If I could ever even find the correct font. But it wouldn't have the same "effect"... because it would be printed. The way I'm doing them by hand means that there is actually ink on the pages... so some ink shows through, and some smears, and so on and so on. It's the only real way to do it right.

And yes... no. 4 is in the movies, but Harry gets the HBP version. That's what this version is... clean or not. :cool

- - - Updated - - -

That looks absolutely fantastic!

Thanks!! :thumbsup

Is it possible for you to consider a HBP book with handwriting printed on the pages but still aged?

But fantastic work and I admire the fact you poured your soul into this project (little pun intended) ;)
"printed" handwriting? Defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Well, I wondered if this would happen or not.

I got THE NICEST "cease and desist" letter EVER from Warner Bros about selling my "Potion Book."
Seriously, they were like, "We know you're awesome, and this is awesome, but we're so sorry... we can't allow it... sorry!"

They even let me finish orders I had standing.

All I'm saying is KUDOS to Warner Bros.! They knew 1) I'm a fan... 2) they want to keep me as a fan... 3) I wasn't really making money on it — none to speak of —*and 4) they didn't want to be "evil corporation."

I replied to them with a few questions and options, but that's all I can say about it right now.

So congrats on all of you who bought a book when they were available... and so sorry for those who now want them.
I will keep this updated if anything else happens.

Well, I wondered if this would happen or not.

I got THE NICEST "cease and desist" letter EVER from Warner Bros about selling my "Potion Book."
Seriously, they were like, "We know you're awesome, and this is awesome, but we're so sorry... we can't allow it... sorry!"

They even let me finish orders I had standing.

All I'm saying is KUDOS to Warner Bros.! They knew 1) I'm a fan... 2) they want to keep me as a fan... 3) I wasn't really making money on it — none to speak of —*and 4) they didn't want to be "evil corporation."

I replied to them with a few questions and options, but that's all I can say about it right now.

So congrats on all of you who bought a book when they were available... and so sorry for those who now want them.
I will keep this updated if anything else happens.

This is interesting because it only serves to make existing potions books more collectible. Maybe you could offer to sell your 3 year project design to Warner Bros.

Wow, I just found this thread and am sad I missed out. That is some incredible work, and a long time dedicated to a project like this. Very nice!

Nooooooooo! I got here too late!! I can't believe I'm only just seeing this thread.... I would have loved to have one of these!!! Please update if they ever decide to let you produce them again! :(

Hey all! Warner Brothers has said that if I removed everything “specifically Harry Potter related” I would be able to sell the books.

This version of the book would simply have a generic cover as well as nothing like “Polyjuice Potion” or any other specific references to Harry Potter or the world of Harry Potter in the book. The book would be available printed with the markings or with “clean” pages and would probably sell for $75 or less USD on Amazon. Trust me… it would be as CLOSE to the Harry Potter version as I could make it without having anything specifically Harry Potter related in it!

I have already started editing a version but thought I’d ask... is this something you'd be interested in?

Go here to vote!
http://www.noelgreen.com/potions/

Of course you could take the book and do whatever you want to with it once you have it — change the cover, for example, so it’s a bit fancier. But, if no one is interested I’m not going to do it. Hence the poll.

Im kinda torn man... what exactly would a non Harry Potter one look like? how different would it be?
It won't have the cover... potion names will be changed so they aren't what is mentioned in the HP books or films (so instead of "Draught of Living Death" it might be "Drink of Walking Death.") But other than that it's all going to be the same. All of the other graphics are either original to me anyway or not copyrighted by WB - it's all just arcane symbols and such.

I'm already working on it. And people who never looked through the original one won't know the difference. Put you own cover on it and there ya go. [emoji4]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back