I need a specific picture of the MOM 5ft Millenium falcon

Parmandilion

I am in need of a specific picture of the Magic of Myth 5 foot millenium falcon. I need a high-resolution full-length shot of the starboard (cockpit) side taken straight on.

Due to the orientation the model is often placed in at the exhibits, such a shot (while much needed) is sadly hard to come by. If anyone has such a picture please send it to me at Parmandilion@att.net or otherwise post a link or the picture here.

Thanks!

Hi, I did get some like this but not in a single shot - the model was angled up on that side. I had to "mosaic" it instead. Any use to you?

Sent you an email
here's asmaller version for those interested;
mf_05.jpg

Don't know if it's what you want or even the right ship

That is an angled shot of the cockpit and part of the mandible, but it is the right model and ship.

I needed it full length, as in tip of mandibles to tip of thruster flaps, oriented perfectly perpendicular to the starbaord side.

Thanks for the effort though.

Parmandilion, like I said, I have what you need, but split over several mosaiced pics. (One is unfortunately rather OOF due to digital cam autofocus problems - WHEN are they gonna put a fast, easy-to-use manual focus on these things?? One area where technology has gone backwards!)

Realistically, this is the only way to get a shot like this anyway - the model's large enough that parallax would be a problem with any "suitable for blueprints" reference shot unless taken from at least 50 feet away. Let me know if you're interested as I won't post them on spec, the files are too big. Happy to post if they're any use to you tho.

Cheers!
Martyn

Is that KoolShade wrapped around the cylinder just behind the cockpit windows??? I didn't know that was used on the Falcon. I suppose it's inside the round vents on the back as well?

Charles,

Yes, correct on both counts. IIRC it's in some of the smaller round widgets also.

Cheers,
Martyn

Sorry, got kafuzzled in all the posts, did not see your mosaic post the first time around. Yes, Nwerke, I think a mosaic shot would indeed be very helpful. Thank you.

No worries, Parmandilion!
icon_smile.gif
I have posted the pics here:

http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/SW/

There are 17 pics numbered 1220180.JPG onwards. All are Falcon pics, but the ones you want are the six shots numbered:

These are the "mosaicable" pics. I didn't actually join them as I thought you would be better off with the source material. As mentioned, 0230 is fuzzy. Pity, cos it's the middle of the ship, but 0229 and 0232 just about overlap anyway. I tried hard to shoot perpendicular to the model's datum line and on the same plane, but conditions weren't ideal.

The other pics might be useful also - there are a couple of full side views with a ruler for scale (red one-inch markings) and some other closeups from above the cockpit, looking downwards as closely to perpendicular as possible. The side views are as high as I could get the camera without a stepladder, pity the model wasn't displayed level. Anyway, I hope these are useful.
Cheers,
Martyn

Treadwell and Parmandilion, my pleasure. I have 153 hi-res pics of the Falcon, of which about 30% are affected by flash, reflections or autofocus problems, but many of those are still some use. I took them specifically as reference pics, so went for "plan" views and mosaicable shots as often as possible, and tried hard to cover every angle - I craned the cam out across the top of the display case etc. Worth it tho - after four days at the show, I came home with 1700 pics in all. (Geek much?!)
icon_smile.gif

As mentioned, conditions weren't great, also I was still learning the camera, and autofocus is a right bitch, so the pics aren't as good as I'd like. Still, if any other angles or views are of use for you, let me know and I'll put them up.
Cheers,
Martyn

Sounds like we are kinred spirits I took hundred of pics at the MOM in Brooklyn over 100 of the falcon. I did the same thing trying to take a "mosaic" of pics so that the pics before and after yeilded he locations of all pics. and yes the flash was a pain in the butt. My pics are posted here ...

http://www.studioscale.com/referencephotos.htm

Hope they help you
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back