SNG studios Daily video

Side topic but what happened to you other videos? Did you move them to a new channel?

I believe Steve removed them due to a copyright issue with some of the music used in the videos. It really sucks considering how much good information was available.

We will be putting some of them back. the good ones but it will take time because we have to reedit. A friend of mind is a great composer with lots of TV credits and he's fixing us up with new music. some of which I have and its perfect. Right now we are just moving ahead with the new Refit (as I call it) SNG show. The last 3 are all within copyright last I checked.
The music was purchased from www.pond5.com and they didn't have the right to sell one of the pieces I was using.

Steve

The Martian Transponder. The device that shows up in the mail at SNG and has to be assembled. Once it does get assembled it sends a message to Mars and all hell breaks out!
Rough design. it fits in your hand. Steampunk Martian. Lights up(of course) and made out of brass old style gauges. Ken Palkow is taking a look and he may print this out for us. More to come.

martians_attack_sng_prop_small.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a long day in the edit bay first cutting the Vulcan Ears video. Worked on the perks we have two Communion bust and several pairs of Spock ears and a Spock bust.
Then a long stretch at sculpting of the Martian. Still rough but tightening up nicely. I decided to get rid of the brain being so exposed and opted for a skin covering over the brain. The whole Martian will be a reddish brown color with lots of subtle freckling.
Eye forms are in and the eyelid open for now. When the sculpt is finished they will be sculpted shut for animation purposes.
More tomorrow.

DSC02984.JPGDSC02983.JPG

First amazing job on the bust! Sorry to hear about the music issue with Pond5. That seems to be happening more and more lately especially on Youtube.

We spent the first part of our day at SNG making up the perks for our backers of our film project, “Martians Attack SNG.” We have just about everything except for the Cochran statue which will be made tomorrow. The statue was originally sculpted by Doug Drexler and used in Star Trek Enterprise. Doug was kind enough to allow SNG access to the molds to produce these for collectors. These are offered on our website.
Got one of the Spock busts that I sculpted this year bronzed up today. One more to go. And we do offer these on our website too.
The Spock ears are the ears I made for Fred Philips on Star Trek the motion picture. I have the original masters made from my molds that Rick Stratton was so kind to let me use. I made molds of the same masters we used to make additional molds to run the ears in foam for the production.
Next up lots of painting ion the Skydiver. It seems never ending there are so many different panels and shaded all over the hull but its getting there. And it’s lots of fun to paint.
More tomorrow.
Oh the other bust is from Communion. My dear friend Whitley has allowed me to produce them. Based on the book cover. These still have to be painted.
DSC02990.JPGDSC02992.JPGDSC02994.JPGDSC02995.JPGDSC02998.JPG

Hi again Steve,
I'm happy to see that you have started your own thread here on the rpf since the concept phaser comments you were doing before ;) .
I liked the daily episodes more but the 1 a week are longer and more to the point :p . Good to read that you are taking care of your health :) . I have learned to do many interesting things for model building from your vids and greatly appreciate that you explain everything :D .

Hi again Steve,
I'm happy to see that you have started your own thread here on the rpf since the concept phaser comments you were doing before ;) .
I liked the daily episodes more but the 1 a week are longer and more to the point :p . Good to read that you are taking care of your health :) . I have learned to do many interesting things for model building from your vids and greatly appreciate that you explain everything :D .

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Steve

This Tues was a day of dentist until about 2pm. Painful but back to work on the various projects.
Got the life masks cleaned up and both cowls started. I have about 2 hours of work on both but they are roughed out and won’t take long to finish.
The Batwoman cowl is for my friend Belle and the other for me.
I was feeling pretty sore after the deep scaling and called it a day. Tomorrow is a full day on many projects Skydiver included.
Steve
DSC03040.JPGDSC03041.JPGDSC03043.JPG

It was Wednesday today at SNG studio. First up I sculpted two sets of Vulcan ears today for Glenn Campbell and Tammy Klein. They are about half way there to being ready to mold.
Got some more digs in on the Skydiver. Got the guns mounted on the Sky. I had to make up the gun barrel bells. I got a bunch more painting done and those oval holes in the forward part of the diver. Remember they had to be blended in which is why I re did them.
Tomorrow I hope to finished topside so I can move on to the bottom. I am dancing from project to project as we have so many. But soon there will be lots of work going on for the movie.
The reason for all the pictures of the ears is to show the process of the sculpting. This week’s SNG Studio Episode 5 shows in the video an entire ear sculpture in one take.
DSC03045.JPGDSC03048.JPGDSC03049.JPGDSC03052.JPGDSC03053.JPGDSC03070.JPGDSC03072.JPGDSC03078.JPGDSC03082.JPG

Welcome back Steve:) I have followed your projects on YouTube from the get go and I'm glad to see that your life is good and full of models/props/sculpts/molds/paint and Love with a capital L. Always glad to see your updates:cool

Thanks so much!!!

Welcome back Steve:) I have followed your projects on YouTube from the get go and I'm glad to see that your life is good and full of models/props/sculpts/molds/paint and Love with a capital L. Always glad to see your updates:cool

- - - Updated - - -

This weeks installment. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back