Luke ANH D-ring assembly=Saddle String Clip??? Please Look

Probe Droid

Master Member
Was looking at something entirely different on ebay when a sale for something called a "saddle string clip" came up as one of the extra thingies on the bottom from the same seller. Needless to say I almost fell out of my chair.

What do you think? Is this it? Could it be that simple (never is, but hey)? Fingers crossed.

Saddle string clip | eBay

The link to eBay shows many, which one are you looking at specifically? I'm on the fence with the D ring part of my build.

That's what I thought. It looks similar to what I purchased from Strapworks and Seattle fabrics. (Thanks VFX Freak)
Here's what it looks like sizing up on my Graflex. Still torn on the strap, it looks a bit small to me. I may fabricate a new strap using Sym-Cha's tutorial.

photocopy3.jpg

Hi there,

the issue with most straps / clips is that they are not wide enough (19mm at least) and not entirely round either so the D sits too loose ... that and I just happen to like the way my custom design fits nicely against the edge of the graflex bottom ... hence I gave you my tutorial to create your own :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back