Final pics 1/1 Leia bust UPDATE

Steve,
The skin tone KICKS ASS. (as a matter of fact, I like all of the paint work)

but yeah, the eyeliner isn't subtle enough. TOO prominent.

LOTP's, any chance of getting a closeup shot of your eyes?
Well, not YOUR eyes, but your Leia's eye area?

*ss*

Steve, get rid of the black line under her eyes altogether (in your second set of pics). It doesn't belong. Do this and guaranteed it will dramatically improve the over all look.

Any female friends of yours that treat their own eyes on a regular basis? Perhaps you could consult...

Also, though I know Fisher was made up rather heavily for filming, you may want to knock back the red a tad for more realism...

You're definitely on to something here; just keep massaging it a bit...

Here is a VERY quick and dirty view of what I'm thinking... I know the color I used doesn't quite match, but you get the idea.

As I think about it, I think the thing that is off about the black line under her eyes is the spacing betweent the line and her eye. IF you do keep black down there, bring it right up to the eye...

Thoughts?

Thanks for the input guys, yeah, I think I'll just bring the black line up right to the eye.. I wish I had the right eyes to put in her , I know that would improve it a lot. This is the first female bust I have painted in about 7 years so the makeup is a bit tricky for me as I have no experience with womens makeup ( Just waiting for Borgdrone to make some comment on that, LOL..) I'll keep plugging away till I get it right. Thanks for the help fellas.

okay,heres what i see... blend the light color into the upper cheek(its to light right now) more below the eyes where you covered/thinned out the lower eyeliner. And extend the lower lip's lipstick a little more towards the corners of the mouth. And darkin in the noseholes a tad more,with a dark to light process using brown. And if you want a seperation in the lips use a very dark red and paint a very thin line across for seperation,and lighten up considerably towards the corners of the mouth.
Not many people are aware that a paint job can either make or break a piece.
For example: i've seen excellent sculpts before painting and then after its been painted it look like hmmm??wow? that doesn't look very good,and your like what happened??? And i have seen not so good sculpts with a excellent paint job look amazingly different. Its all in how its executed with the paint and finishing touches that breath life into a piece.

-Goldenrod

Originally posted by Lord of the props@Jan 7 2006, 03:56 PM
124769817.jpg

[snapback]1153087[/snapback]​

Lord of the Props... that is *outstanding*. I think I'm in love. :love

Although she looks a little bit startled - like she's just seen a ghost.?

Any chance of pics taken in less harsh light (preferrably daylight)?

Cheers,
John

Originally posted by Stormtrooper+Jan 8 2006, 01:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stormtrooper @ Jan 8 2006, 01:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord of the props
@Jan 7 2006, 03:56 PM
124769817.jpg

[snapback]1153087[/snapback]​

Lord of the Props... that is *outstanding*. I think I'm in love. :love

Although she looks a little bit startled - like she's just seen a ghost.?

Any chance of pics taken in less harsh light (preferrably daylight)?

Cheers,
John
[snapback]1153860[/snapback]​
[/b]

WOW.. :eek That's awsome. You should stand a 1:1 Vader or Tarkin next to her.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Jan 9 2006, 02:32 PM
Star wars man, thank you for that intelligent , well thought out criticism.. looks like an alien eh?  Gee, I wonder what you look like.
[snapback]1154588[/snapback]​

now now kids, lets not fight, lets keep this thread civil

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back