The Predator (New Sequel)

They should do a sequel to the original with a hunter on the loose on earth, all while there is a ship hovering above, scooping up people. Arnold and crew chase the hunter, he blasts away with the ship. It ends with Arnold and crew preparing, leaving and then landing on the Predators planet, picking up where Predators leaves off. Brody does a cameo then the rogue hunter kills him while Sniper Chick survives and it ends with her briefing them on what happened.

And that's probably a better plot than what they'll actual come up with :facepalm

Oh wait, Shane Black is back onboard with this isn't he?

Disregard

I sincerely hope Arnold isn't involved in this. At this point, it's no longer his show and hasn't been for 30 years, despite what some fans would like to see. The Predator is the star. I don't need Kevin Bacon in every Friday the 13th movie. I don't need to see Johnny Depp square off against Freddy one last time. It's all about the ugly motherf----- doing what he does best.

I think the best bet is just build off of Predator 1 and 2 and make this set in our current time. I think this character works best as a lone trophy hunter going after big and dangerous game. It's a great conceit that a superior alien race views us as simply sport. The first two films established that well enough, carry that forward and you put the franchise on a simpler path then what it morphed into to with far less success.

Re: Predator New Sequel

Ugh, why reboot when Predators was a decent enough launching pad for a franchise refresh? They better not mess with the creature design too much.

Funny... the Predator design has been a lot more consistent than the Alien design.

It's funny how so many franchises that the industry holds on to came from the 80's when movies were so overly ridiculous that it is almost a genre in and of itself that some movies today make fun of. Yet, so much awesomeness came from that decade that it's crippled creativity for decades to follow.

I sincerely hope Arnold isn't involved in this.

I wouldnt mind a cameo of arnold but more it being that arnold gets to be the first victim. Aslong as we get to see the predators as they have to be and not those abominations from predatorS. That really ruined the movie for me when the reveal of their face came...that and killing of the "original" pred...

I hope for once that the predator is the main focus and gets to win this time cus even tho they seem like the perfect hunter they just cant catch a break.

Pred 1 after a full elite sqaud cant kill him arnie does it with a bunch of sticks and a log..
Pred 2 a clearly out of shape cop does it in a 1v1 with a weapon from the pred
PredatorS Again 1v1 after even a original predator cant, Brody manages to do the impossible
AvP I blinked and before i knew it 2 out of the 3 preds were dead.

Last edited:
Well as they roughly put it, the hunters that come to earth are "teenagers" and their rite of passage to become part of the elite. They screw up now and then, but yes, a total elite Pred is needed

I agree on the no Arnold as the star analogy but at the same time a smart cameo would be cool. What if at the end of the movie there's a knock at the door, and when the door is opened you see high ranking military officials....who are now staring into a dimly lit room. When they finally speak they say, "Colonel Dutch we need you...He's Back." and the camera pans into a shot of Arnold in a run down apartment that somehow conveys the weight of his past and PTST of sorts that connect us to the first Pred film....and let that be what leads us into the following film.
I also wouldn't be against Danny Glover having a similar small cameo.

I dunno, just thinking out loud I suppose.

David

I think a cameo would smell too much like fan service. He got a mention in Predators (which I top to bottom LOVE) and that's good enough for me.

I love the first one and can deal with the second one, but EVERYTHING after that is IMHO absolute garbage. That last one was so bad I could barely sit through it. The characters were awful!!! I just wanted every single one of them to just hurry up and die!

And what the F is an "event film" :wacko

Did not look forward to the atrocity they called Predators. This one might actually be worth seeing, hopefully.

Loved Predators, am looking forward to more. I'm glad the studio is throwing some cash at this. Maybe they'll bring the Predator back into the zeitgeist in a big way.

And what the F is an "event film" :wacko

I'm with you on that one, what exactly is an event film? Does it mean that the film focuses on an event, something that pretty much all action movies tend to do, or does he mean to say that the movie itself will be an event? Very strange choice of words I must say.

You know how general audiences line up to see an anticipated movie, well that's an event film. Black also explained that in the interview.

Eg: Prometheus

I'm with you on that one, what exactly is an event film? Does it mean that the film focuses on an event, something that pretty much all action movies tend to do, or does he mean to say that the movie itself will be an event? Very strange choice of words I must say.

Rarely do I ever question a choice of word, but this time yeah. Thought it may have something to do with English being a 2nd language, even though I started speaking it before the age of 3 and use it all the freakin time, but whatever. :confused :wacko

Must be a new fad. I thought I remembered something and indeed, FOX called the last season of 24 for an "event series" and also calling the new season of Prison Break for.. you got it, an event series. :wacko

Most peculiar.

- - - Updated - - -

You know how general audiences line up to see an anticipated movie, well that's an event film. Black also explained that in the interview.

Eg: Prometheus

His "explanation" still doesn't make that much sense. Every film is an "event film" with that "logic" :lol

Yeah, it's too vague to take anything significant from it. I don't think we need Arnie either. At least he wants to carry the original mythos over. Best way to expand on that is the Weitani angle I think. Then eventually it leads us into the AVP we deserve.

Rarely do I ever question a choice of word, but this time yeah. Thought it may have something to do with English being a 2nd language, even though I started speaking it before the age of 3 and use it all the freakin time, but whatever. :confused :wacko

Must be a new fad. I thought I remembered something and indeed, FOX called the last season of 24 for an "event series" and also calling the new season of Prison Break for.. you got it, an event series. :wacko

It is my native language and I don't know what that is! What I assume he's referring to is a really hotly anticipated movie. Like when fans are really wanting a sequel to a popular series.

It is my native language and I don't know what that is! What I assume he's referring to is a really hotly anticipated movie. Like when fans are really wanting a sequel to a popular series.

:lol well yeah, but: as opposed to what? Those times fans don't want a sequel to a popular series..... :p (most want a sequel, they just don't want a sucky sequel).
Really weird choice of word indeed.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back