The Predator (New Sequel)

Re: Predator New Sequel

bro im sorry to tell you this but RUTGER did this movie already o_O

splitsecond-600x300.jpg

Shane Black is directing, huh?

Soooo...I guess we know what the plot is.

A hotheaded loose canon predator (Xortan "Plasma" Frakes) is in pursuit of a rare albino xenomorph, but manages to rampage through downtown Los Angeles in the process of hunting the xenomorph (known as "Mr. Smiley") down, causing several million dollars of damage in the process.

The loose canon predator fails to catch Mr. Smiley, and is immediately called into the Chief Predator's office. The Chief reams out Frakes, telling him he's out of control, and needs a partner. Frakes tells him "This is bull****, Chief! You know I hunt alone!" The Chief tells him "Frakes, you need to rein it in. You're either gonna on suspension, riding a desk, or you say hello to your new partner. Your choice."

Frakes grudgingly accepts, and is introduced to his new partner, an older, by-the-book predator named Zalbot Durlanski. Together, they must pursue Mr. Smiley before he can move fifteen kilos of a new, designer xenomorph drug known as "royal jelly," while navigating their own radically different hunting styles.

In the final fight, Durlanski is injured, but manages to take out Mr. Smiley's associate -- a silent enforcer praetorian alien known only as "The Big Guy." Meanwhile, after making sure his partner is ok, Frakes finally manages to catch Mr. Smiley. After pinning him with his razor-net, Frakes looks at Smiley and coldly tells him "I thought you knew. Plasma's too hot to handle." Then blows him away with his shoulder cannon.

Frakes and Durlanski slow walk away from an explosion that destroys the entire shipment of "royal jelly."

Roll credits.

Alien Nation!
Only seen it once :p a long, long time ago

About reinventing Predator franchise, that is what they said about the TURD one.

Shane Black has an impressive list of movies that he has wrote, I think the movie is in safe hands.

Plus he was in the original!

I agree. As a writer and director, he has done some impressive stuff. I mean Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang showed he was a good director, and Iron Man 3 is the best out of the three (and probably the best because he took Iron Man and inserted him into a political thriller instead of the typical "gotta fight against a bad guy in a suit").

I think he'll do a Predator movie justice.

Last edited:

Looks like classic Predator with battle damage? Waiting for the Pred experts to chime in. Not sure if this means Black and his team aren't going to push the creature design too far from the original.

Hard to say.

It doesn't really bother me that it's the Classic Pred. That looks *mostly* like the original one.. and anyway that predator is dead (the original) so why not use one that looks slightly different, but hitting the same notes as the original?

I'm not sure I'd want them to veer too much from the design. We've had plenty of variation already... and some complain about it. I think I'd be OK with going back to the basics for this one... at least to start out with.

Looks like the "Classic Predator" that was captured in "Predators". Right down to the damaged bio. I wonder if it's just a test/teaser poster using that image.

I wouldn't mind going back to basics but with a new Pred look; kinda like how Predator 2 did it. I always felt that the more you give the Predator, the more is taken away. Start from there and build up around it rather than rehashing the classic look just to have it get killed off. I feel that's a disservice to the original Predator.

Ok I don't get this. Is this a sequel to the first Predator with Arnold and just ignoring Predator 2? Or is this a sequel to Predators with Adrien Brody?

They should do a sequel to the original with a hunter on the loose on earth, all while there is a ship hovering above, scooping up people. Arnold and crew chase the hunter, he blasts away with the ship. It ends with Arnold and crew preparing, leaving and then landing on the Predators planet, picking up where Predators leaves off. Brody does a cameo then the rogue hunter kills him while Sniper Chick survives and it ends with her briefing them on what happened.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back