The Predator (New Sequel)

re: Predator New Sequel

Wouldn't the predator honour system make someone who had killed one of them untouchable?

That is heavily hinted at, at the end of predator 2, when they not only don't kill Danny Glovers character, but reward him for his skill.

If we are going to have a predators sequel can we have a less bland leading man?

I'd happy trade off acting ability for a handful of charisma.

Arnold is the definition of charisma. I'm pretty sure Adrian Brody is an acclaimed actor. Danny Glover, while ridiculous, was hardly bland. The Italian guy from AVP and the low-rent Hasselhoff clone from AVPR may as well have been cardboard cutouts though.

Wouldn't the predator honour system make someone who had killed one of them untouchable?

maybe unless they attacked first maybe? the dutch character could still be used seeing as he survived the predator so has experience and first hand knowledge. Maybe its just me tho that enjoyed P1 alot for both the pred and arnold and wouldnt mind seeing more of them :)

I dont know about you guys but for me the first one is the best. I like them all but the first is def the bes and although arnie beat the predator no other preds are aware of this due the pred self destructing. I am cautiously looking forward to predator dark ages, this has the potential to be very good or extremely bad

For me personally, everything after the second one was total garbage with Predators being the worst of the worst. I guess if they were trying to make a movie where you actually hope the predator kills everyone, then I guess they did what they attempted to do. I had never before seen a movie where I absolutely disliked every character in the film and hoped they all die, but this one was a first.

maybe unless they attacked first maybe? the dutch character could still be used seeing as he survived the predator so has experience and first hand knowledge. Maybe its just me tho that enjoyed P1 alot for both the pred and arnold and wouldnt mind seeing more of them :)
The problem is, they are saying REBOOT, NOT sequel........

I too was really disappointed with Predators.......it reminded me of Superman Returns in that it felt more like a fan-boy remake that was worse than the original..

..Yes, i agree, the characters in Predators were totally lacking in likeability, i didn't really give a toss if they lived or died...
...and the Super Predators were poorly designed and executed. Very little tension in the film.

Rich

To me, I don't know how I feel about it. On the one hand, I grew up with the original Predator and it's not so well received sequel when I was a kid. Predators was pretty good, and am surprised they didn't do a followup to that one. So, seeing that the original was practically perfect, I can't imagine who the hell would want to reboot it.

However, on the other hand, with Shane Black in the role of the director, I can imagine how well he can make the film. I mean, I've seen both Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and Iron Man 3. And both were really good (in fact, I like Iron Man 3 even more than the first two Iron Man films). The biggest concern I would have is that, with the case of both Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and even more so with IM3, they were action comedies. Predator was action sci-fi without anything comedic about it. However, this affords Shane Black the opportunity to actually do something serious (not overtly serious, but serious enough to keep true to the tone and mood of the original).

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Thats execellent news about the sequel.

But I have no idea how you guys could possibly think Predators was the worst film...if you are just talking about the Predator films and not AvPs...I would hardly call it a terrible film. And how were they super predators? The first AvP had those ridiculous line-backer predators stomping around ...

Re: Predator New Sequel

Nope, I enjoyed Predators, more than P2. Compared to the AVP movies, it's a godsend.

Amen to that. I too don't understand the need to a reboot. PREDATORS offered a fantastic launching platform. While it wasn't a perfect movie, it was EASILY the best since the original.

For me personally, everything after the second one was total garbage with Predators being the worst of the worst. I guess if they were trying to make a movie where you actually hope the predator kills everyone, then I guess they did what they attempted to do. I had never before seen a movie where I absolutely disliked every character in the film and hoped they all die, but this one was a first.

Wha?!?!? I can't imagine how you could possibly dislike Predators more than AVP or AVP2. Now those were two completely unlikable movies with no likable characters or redeeming value and the Predator design (in AVP) was just embarassing. At least the Predators in PREDATORS were interesting.

A sequel you say........? Hmmmmmm.......yup, i'm in!

I'm still smarting after what a let down Iron Man 3 was, but i'm willing to give SB another chance!

Rich

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back