Obi-wan style Lightsaber

jake88

Sr Member
Just finished this up and thought id post a couple pics. All pieces and parts were bought at Lowe's.
thanks for looking

Attachments

• 20140624_100821_zpsncca90wp.jpg
    20140624_100821_zpsncca90wp.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 213
Thanks! I'm not sure what all the parts are called but I'll say that the front piece is a grey PVC hat shaped 1 inch tube adapter with a couple different washers on top. The adjoining pieces are junk from the smaller PVC isle. The ribbed section is vacuum hose streached over 1 1/4 inch PVC and the butt piece is a small bath room faucet handle from the plumbing section. I use this stuff called JB quick epoxy to put everything together and then a lot of painting with flat black, silver and a little gold.

What is the clamp made of?

Its a piece of plastic wrapped around and glued down. I made the rectangular piece out of balsa wood layered with very thin styrene. I put a very tiny T-track on each side and finished it off with some of those rubber bumper sticky's to simulate the bubble strip. Yesterday I found some smaller ones that look better that I will use on my next saber.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats pretty amazing! I love the nice weathered look on your paint job too.

Thanks!

Great hardware saber! I'm taking a few pages out of your book - This is where true creativity lies

Might I ask - what's the construction of the neck? I notice 1 1/4 pvc inside the ring section, and a wonderful neck/windvane section somehow held in place?

Great hardware saber! I'm taking a few pages out of your book - This is where true creativity lies

Might I ask - what's the construction of the neck? I notice 1 1/4 pvc inside the ring section, and a wonderful neck/windvane section somehow held in place?

The neck is made up of: (from left to right):
2 layered washers
grey hat style PVC/ inside the hat I epoxied a copper ribbed plumbing adapter piece
The disk like piece in the middle is a wheel from one of those plastic chest of drawers.
A random 3/8 inch tube I found
A section of 1/2 PVC
and on top of the ribbed piece I glued a same sized washer on top to give it a "shroud".

Hope this helps. When Im building them up I don't follow a set plan. I just shoot for the most accurate look and make it up as I go along.

Hi there,

that's a mighty fine vintage looking lightsaber ... can't wait to see what you would do with a custom Luke or even Darth Vader version ;)

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back