Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Hmmm. First reviews are in - and they are either pretty over-the-moon (io9, Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone (who say "he Last Jedi – Episode VIII of the Star Wars saga – is simply stupendous, a volcano of creative ideas in full eruption")) or middling (Variety) to poor (CNN).

I'm not surprised. After all CNN is fake news. :lol

I think the bit with the kid and the ring at the end is less about being on the nose and more about using the ring to remind you it's the same kid from the stable. I think it's supposed to make Luke's exit more palatable as his act will inspire people to the resistance and become new jedi (hence the broom coming to him)

As a movie: 7
As a SW film: 5 (ish)

I was pretty well entertained, there is some stuff to like, but not enough to save it from being my least favorite SW movie.

I've been second guessing the movie since I first saw in Thursday evening. I left the theater wide eyed and trying to absorb what I had just seen and put some meaning and sense behind it.

Walking out of the theater the second time this afternoon - I was much more sure and secure in my thoughts. The Last Jedi was just so much a better movie for me on the second watch. My original analogy that Rian hit a double and was looking to steal third is now that this movie is a solid triple.

It's still too long of a movie - there's a lull in the middle of the film that should have been fixed. But, the little things didn't bug me as much as they did the first time around. Everything seemed to come together so much better.

I'm speculating how to end Leia... did they already film parts of 9 or will it change between episodes I don't know...

Well considering Carrie no longer alive to be in the film...

Thanks. Well, her family did sign off on the rights to use her likeness before her passing, and Disney has CG'd her before. Also, I haven't been following production like I did for TFA, have they done any filming for IX yet?

I have my opinions on what they should do for ep 9, but no confirmations on anything except they will not CGI her.
I do hope, and I don't see why this wouldn't be the case, that they bring Mark back as a Force ghost.

Last edited:
I predict that there will be a big time jump for part 9.

That way it will be simple to acknowledge her death.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This movie is a waste of money and time.The worst SW-movie ever.And YES...I know that Jar Jar Binks was in Episode 1!

Laura Dern (aka Admiral Man-hater) was by far my least favorite part about the film.
She's a hardass in the movie. She doesn't like to explain things to her inferior officers, and gets a lot of flack for it, but she surprising does know what she's doing and has a noble heart in the end. I'm not sure if I like her character yet.

She's a hardass in the movie. She doesn't like to explain things to her inferior officers, and gets a lot of flack for it, but she surprising does know what she's doing and has a noble heart in the end. I'm not sure if I like her character yet.
Well, I think it's more complicated than that.
Holdo knew of Poe's demotion and might've thought of that as a sign that he wasn't worthy of knowing what was going on. He's a pilot - not command staff (at least that we are aware of.

I didn't like Holdo much, until her lightspeed maneuver (and when she opted to stay aboard the command ship). Totally made that character worthwhile.

TLJ broke my heart, I guess I am to much of an 80s guy. ME WANT VADER BACK! and by the way...I hope he will be in the next film (as a Force Ghost) telling Kylo baby face Ren to knock it up a notch!. To make a Star Wars movie with a Villain that never really had it in the first place was such a Disney thing to do.
@George, I hope you enjoy those 4 Billion big ones and I bet you are laughing your A.. off.

Thank God for Blade Runner 2049, it saved my movie year 2017

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back