Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I like Hamill but as he gets older, I've noticed he tends to get a little melodramatic sometimes. Which is why I took his original "disagree with the director" statements with a grain of salt. Or maybe he just had too much "Space Punch" that day, who knows.

I like Hamill but as he gets older, I've noticed he tends to get a little melodramatic sometimes. Which is why I took his original "disagree with the director" statements with a grain of salt. Or maybe he just had too much "Space Punch" that day, who knows.

You mean blue milk :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As a dedicated fan of the Emperor's Royal Guards since 1982, as someone who has devoted many hours and dollars to research and development and trial and error (oh, so much error) re-creating the benchmark ROTJ Guard, as someone working on sculpting and acquiring and subcontracting to make the Crimson Empire and Force Unleashed versions of what's purported to be under the inner robes, as someone who carefully designed a conjectural flight ensemble to go with the Royal Guard TIE Interceptor quest reward in Galaxies...

...I am not a fan of these Praetorians thus far.

--Jonah

I met someone from the team that made the original Guard helmets. That design was one of the best of all the helmets in my opinion, and it was virtually a throw-away in the film. ...

Really? They never did anything for me. I always found it to be a bland design. Just there. Not very interesting. I'm surprised they have such a following.

Really? They never did anything for me. I always found it to be a bland design. Just there. Not very interesting. I'm surprised they have such a following.

6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z.jpg

Proof, though, I suppose, that not everything in Star Wars is for everyone.

Heretic.

--Jonah

I've liked the Royal Guards since ROTJ came out. I don't know how they actually guard the Emperor, other than against regular people. Maybe they are there to create the false impression that the Emperor is a helpless old man. They certainly aren't to fight Jedi! :lol

I've liked the Royal Guards since ROTJ came out. I don't know how they actually guard the Emperor, other than against regular people. Maybe they are there to create the false impression that the Emperor is a helpless old man. They certainly aren't to fight Jedi! :lol

I spent a while in and after high school learning how to fight encumbered by coats, robes, and cloaks (possibly in part because of these guys :behave ). It is definitely possible to move quickly and fluidly, to work with rather than against the robes. I incorporated a lot of aikido staff form movements. After the Clone Wars, very little in the way of threats would make it anywhere near Palpatine, but they're still as highly trained and competent as, say the President's Marine Guards or the Buckingham Palace Guards.

But yes, just watch ROTS to see how they are against Jedi. :p I'd argue that's not their bailiwick. That's what Shadow Guards are meant to deal with.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back