Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

It's always amusing to hear people who couldn't produce a good bowl movement talk about their great STAR WARS story idea, though.

My bar for these was to just be better than ONE of the Zahn Trilogy books. Just one. TFA didn't meet that bar and this one totally throws plausibility out the window. Heck the designs alone, in those books, were better than anything TFA/TLJ has! Designs in a BOOK! I think it's interesting that Mark Hamill came out this week and said he wished Disney had listened more to Lucas' story ideas for these movies. I hope we hear something eventually because I'd guess they were way better.

I like how some random fanboy on the internet thinks they can decide for everyone whats plausible in a Star Wars story.

Here is an example of the problem, according to daisy ridley her understanding of the force is everybody has it and could use it they just don't know/try/believe or whatever.

It came up when someone asked if hux could use the force he said no!
Daisy said yes he could , everyone can she just knows and believes so "she got the power "

The dude playing hux was like I better go watch the movies again cuz that's not what I thought ?

Like han said strait up " that's not how the force works "
I think that is the Main complaint from people about these illustrious writers !
And new stars.

They don't understand the history so there just making there own rules without respect to the old .

Old timers just want respect !

And those damn kids off the lawn !

Here is an example of the problem, according to daisy ridley her understanding of the force is everybody has it and could use it they just don't know/try/believe or whatever.

It came up when someone asked if hux could use the force he said no!
Daisy said yes he could , everyone can she just knows and believes so "she got the power "

The dude playing hux was like I better go watch the movies again cuz that's not what I thought ?

Like han said strait up " that's not how the force works "
I think that is the Main complaint from people about these illustrious writers !
And new stars.

They don't understand the history so there just making there own rules without respect to the old .

Old timers just want respect !

And those damn kids off the lawn !

What she said was "everyone hasthe force", in reference, I believe, to "...It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” I always was under the impression that this meant the force IS in everybody, only few people are actually attuned to it.

Which was expanded on in TPM with midichlorians, which operate as conductors, channeling the energy to a person. The more you have, the stronger your "signal".

Actually I feel for them.

I'm sure it is nothing short of a major headache for them, so many idiots to ban AND purge once all is said and done

Yes but I am so disappointed with the Mods, they have lost my respect, not that they care as the traffic volume has given them a hard on.

What she said was "everyone hasthe force", in reference, I believe, to "...It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” I always was under the impression that this meant the force IS in everybody, only few people are actually attuned to it.

Which was expanded on in TPM with midichlorians, which operate as conductors, channeling the energy to a person. The more you have, the stronger your "signal".
You beat me to it. And said it more eloquently than I could have tbh.

Actually I feel for them.

I'm sure it is nothing short of a major headache for them, so many idiots to ban AND purge once all is said and done

Agreed. I clicked on it once, went to a random thread and was blown away by the stupidity. Literally FIVE POSTS IN A ROW by the SAME PERSON.

What she said was "everyone hasthe force", in
reference, I believe, to "...It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” I always was under the impression that this meant the force IS in everybody, only few people are actually attuned to it.

This is what was said in an interview recently.

The question is Hux force sensitive ?

Gleeson " this is what we were just talking about I think No right ?"

Daisy " everyone has the ability some are just more in it than others right ?"

Gleeson " o.k. well than I would say yes "

So everyone has the ABILITY and Hux is force sensitive because EVERYONE is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although
I see why she thinks that her character literally just decides to use the force and does .

Gleeson also complained that he learned his characters first name of Armatage by reading one of books ,
" they really should tell you these things" to quote Gleeson

That's what I'm talking about respect of the material people don't even know there characters name after playing the role twice .

But if the material is paint by numbers what is there to respect ?

Still not sayin the movie will be terrible just this is what happens when one persons vision gets sold and told by others ccccchanges .

Last edited:
judging TFA alone [...] JJ (having left it all hanging with no answers) is now going to have to resolve in a satisfying way.

Here's the thing, though. As much as I hate JJ's "Mystery Box" approach as regards many things (and definitely TFA, because we dearly needed to have been better updated on what had happened over the intervening generation) pisses me off, you can't judge Star Wars on the same metric as standalone films, or even "universe-building" franchises like Marvel, since the second one. Their inspiration was (and with TESB they definitely nailed it) Saturday morning serials, which very definitely can't explain everything within a single episode. They answer some questions, raise others, and end on a cliffhanger to strongly motivate people to come back next week to see what happens.

That said, if they're ending the numbered episodes with IX, then yeah, things need to be tied up with a neat bow. Which pisses me off, too. This was their big chance to undo Rick McCallum's reinvention of Star Wars and restore it to George's vision -- that is, not Skywalker-centric. That was Rick. Not George. This was their opportunity to say "the Prequels are about Obi-Wan, the OT is about Luke, this trilogy is about Rey, the next one will be about whoever the hero is after that". A multigenerational frikkin' saga (i.e., more than just nine films) following heroes who are related by circumstance, not necessarily blood.

--Jonah

A lot of the podcast hosts I listen to saw it last night and universally loved it. I’m getting very excited to see it and try and put the spoiler thread into some coherent context. Review embargo lifts in about 3.5 hours, looking forward to seeing those as well.

Last edited:
I don't find anything RLM does, as funny. I know what they're doing, and who they're making fun of. It just isn't funny.

I like RLM, especially the Half in the Bag movie reviews and the Re:View series. They aren't funny per se, but I do find most of their critiques to be insightful. I haven't watched the video above yet, but I will when I get home from work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back