Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I wish people would stop with the "Gray Jedi" crap. There aren't any. Lucasfilm (through Pablo) has said as much.

That's one thing that bugged me that Yoda didn't say "Force lightning, the Emperor uses. Block it with your lightsaber you must." Not even a hint. Maybe Yoda was so used to his fancy catch and release power and it slipped his mind. :lol As for Anakin, I'm pretty sure they were taught to block it with their lightsabers because you see Obi Wan do it immediately when Dooku uses it and later Anakin, then Mace. Either that or they were more used to instinctively using their lightsaber and Luke, being a novice, wasn't.

What do they label the jedi who left the order then? Grey Jedi wouldn't be a term most likely because to be grey would mean you're not in the order, and you're only a jedi if you're in the order. You're also not sith either, so, you're what exactly? Grey Jedi is much easier to use than unaffiliated-person-who-can-use-the-force. So, if pablo doesn't want people using the term, come up with a different one.

There's not law of physics or anything to say you can't quit the jedi and add force lighting/choke/etc to your repertoire and be a neutral or light/dark leaning sort. So, name it or stop bugging people about using a term (to pablo, not you :) )

The problem is using the word "Jedi" in the context. It's like saying a meat-eating vegetarian. I could almost see Grey force user. But leave the Jedi out of it.

What do they label the jedi who left the order then? Grey Jedi wouldn't be a term most likely because to be grey would mean you're not in the order, and you're only a jedi if you're in the order. You're also not sith either, so, you're what exactly? Grey Jedi is much easier to use than unaffiliated-person-who-can-use-the-force. So, if pablo doesn't want people using the term, come up with a different one.

There's not law of physics or anything to say you can't quit the jedi and add force lighting/choke/etc to your repertoire and be a neutral or light/dark leaning sort. So, name it or stop bugging people about using a term (to pablo, not you :) )

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2-weeks.jpg
    2-weeks.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 590

I don't understand why there even has to be a term. "Force User" is enough for me, but why do we need a term at all?

If you leave the Jedi Order, you're just a citizen. I think, within the canon, if you use Dark Side powers, you're on the Dark Side. I don't buy some of the old EU BS that said you could use Force Lightning and still be a Jedi. I think there are specific powers where you have to cross that line to use. I don't count Force choke as a Dark Side power since Luke used it. I also don't think Luke was killing the guards, he just put a Force choke hold one them. Vader just does it til they're dead though.

Ummm, that Soundtrack tho. Wonder if it's our first snippet of actual movie score (unlike trailer music)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That beginning is very much reminiscent of the March of the First Order at Hollywood Studios

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Dern sitting down the complaint about her hair and wardrobe. :)

"Laura Dern on her LAST JEDI character: "To see a powerful character also be feminine moves away from a stereotype that's perceived that strong female characters must be like boys"

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back