Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I really hope they don't have Laura Dern's character wearing that evening gown on the bridge of a ship. Unless they swooped her up from a ball somewhere to go fight, she should have a uniform.

I'm sorry, but Rey's jewelry-box theme is terrible.
I always thought it was terrible, but hearing it over that TV spot really rams it home.
Sounds like a commercial for a PBS airing of The Nutcracker Suite.

I'm sorry, but Rey's jewelry-box theme is terrible.
I always thought it was terrible, but hearing it over that TV spot really rams it home.
Sounds like a commercial for a PBS airing of The Nutcracker Suite.

I loved Rey's theme. It can be light and fun, sad, dark, and even busy and powerful like in the space battle part of the trailer from a few weeks ago.

In the clip above it reminds me of the music from the "city in the clouds" bit from ESB, which was the Yoda and Cloud City themes but had a very similar tone. At this point in TLJ is probably a similar moment for Rey.

Last edited:
Unmm, Mon Mothma has a similar wardrobe on Home One. More on Holdo, an apprentice of Leia’s...

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/20/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo/

Mon Mothma was a senator, not a part of the military. Women in Earth militaries are still required to wear uniforms. I'd rather they do that than try to make some kind of social statement on judging women by their appearance (as that article states). If I'm a soldier in battle, I want to immediately identify who the superior officer is. If I'm not familiar with this admiral and just run onto the bridge, I'm not looking to the woman in an evening gown.

Mon Mothma was a senator, not a part of the military. Women in Earth militaries are still required to wear uniforms. I'd rather they do that than try to make some kind of social statement on judging women by their appearance (as that article states). If I'm a soldier in battle, I want to immediately identify who the superior officer is. If I'm not familiar with this admiral and just run onto the bridge, I'm not looking to the woman in an evening gown.

Holdo very well may have been part of the New Republic political system and somehow survived the destruction of Hosnian Prime and has arrived on Leia’s ship immediately post that event. Remember this film takes place immediately after the events of TFA. That dress is probably what she was wearing a day or two before and she has lost her personal belongings.

There is a new Luke candy dispenser with Luke dialogue, nothing very spoilery but just in case.

How did you find me? I will teach you the ways of the Jedi. Impressive. What do you know about the Force?

More misdirection? Do you SEE Luke say it?

Cause that’s Benicio DelToro’s voice.

;)

That line has already been featured in a talking Luke toy. :) And yes, he says it on film.

We were then treated to Rey approaching Luke on Ahch-To and handing him the lightsaber. He takes it, looking shocked, and says "who are you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back