Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Thanks JD.
It absolutely DOES confirm what many of us thought, that JJ didn't have a clue where he was going with this story and effectively just rushed it out to meet a deadline. No wonder it feels like a remake of ANH for much of it.

I think they really dropped the ball there. Rian mentions having not outline or anything for the next movie either, basically just let the next director do what they want with the story. I really think someone should have taken the time to at least come up with some kind of overall unified plot for the series and let the individual movies fill in the small details. I know the original series at least had some kind of outline. Details of course changed along the way as needed, but there was a general direction for where it was going. This sounds like an "Exquisite Corpse" like result https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse

And once again because they dont have the same "vision". What vision are we talking about here, we already know there isnt a story outline for the whole trilogy. Lucasfilm is being all snooty about having the right "vision" but doesnt care what the next director comes up with plot-wise?

I know the original series at least had some kind of outline. Details of course changed along the way as needed, but there was a general direction for where it was going.

george-lucas-making it up.jpg

J

And once again because they dont have the same "vision". What vision are we talking about here, we already know there isnt a story outline for the whole trilogy. Lucasfilm is being all snooty about having the right "vision" but doesnt care what the next director comes up with plot-wise?

Sharing the same vision means they like it and believe it'll be profitable, that's the only vision they have.

I haven't read any of the new books, but what bugs me is that it sounds like the New Republic disarmed in a treaty with the Empire. That makes zero sense that the Alliance would completely lay down their weapons after securing peace. Draw down maybe, but no disarmament. Supposedly the new Resistance ship Raddus (which I like) is the last ship they had, which they gave to the resistance. Oh and BTW how do you get that past a disarmament treaty? Surely the Empire would want to know what happened to an over 3KM long ship. Is that true? If so it again sounds like they were trying to reset the galaxy to recreate the OT again. The New Republic is back to a resistance (Rebels), Luke has no Jedi = Obi Wan. The Empire is back better than ever with superweapons and massive ships. Really?

According to the Instagram feed that that image supposedly originated from, it’s fan art. Actually, the toddler costume on the Imgur site intrigued me more, if real.

That was a leak on amazon, which amazon has now taken down. I don't know how but they are also taking down YouTube videos showing this kids costume

I think they screwed up and instead of the name Anikan they mean kylo

I haven't read any of the new books, but what bugs me is that it sounds like the New Republic disarmed in a treaty with the Empire. That makes zero sense that the Alliance would completely lay down their weapons after securing peace. Draw down maybe, but no disarmament. Supposedly the new Resistance ship Raddus (which I like) is the last ship they had, which they gave to the resistance. Oh and BTW how do you get that past a disarmament treaty? Surely the Empire would want to know what happened to an over 3KM long ship. Is that true? If so it again sounds like they were trying to reset the galaxy to recreate the OT again. The New Republic is back to a resistance (Rebels), Luke has no Jedi = Obi Wan. The Empire is back better than ever with superweapons and massive ships. Really?

Yeah it's no wonder Luke is depressed and ready to give up everything. It's all been for nothing. Luke in this film represents the 'Star Wars' fan. He has realized what many of us refuse to see...there is no hope for this franchise.

It's kind of a relief that Johnson is saying that the story was blank slate when he took over from JJ, there was nothing handed over except what actually appears in TFA. While it's kind of frustrating that it implies that nothing in TFA was actually going anywhere, that it was just a series of Abrams Mystery Boxes with literally nothing in them, I'm not that upset about it if Johnson is filling them up instead of Abrams.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back